Posts created by overthehill60

posted in Silent Nights: The Pianist Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 12 12:52 AM
I almost always buy the CE games that are offered, but I found this game boring. I will probably buy it once it comes out as an SE.

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Dec 12, 11 6:22 AM
This is a piece of advice I got from another game site technical representative. I was having the same issue as many of you are having with this game and he/she suggested that I do a disc cleanup to eliminate the demo files that were stored in my hard drive even after I deleted the game. I did this and the game ran perfectly afterwards. It's just a suggestion but I hope this is helpful.

It almost Christmas, so, to all the wonderful people in the forums, MERRY CHRISTMAS and May God Bless all of you.

overthehill60

posted in Revenge of the Spirit: Rite of Resurrection on Dec 8, 11 8:10 AM
I just contacted Live Chat about the access violation, program terminated problem. I was told that BF tech support was unable to receive a DrFelix report from me because they were having their own computer problems. Other than that, the rep I spoke with had no other thoughts as to how to resolve this issue.

Bet this gets locked. Anyway, have a great day everyone.

posted in Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story Collector's Edition on Dec 8, 11 8:06 AM
This may not apply to this game but thought all the members should know. I just contacted Live Chat and ask about Access Violations becoming so common a problem with their games. I had a this problem with yesterday's TGT and was asking that they allow me to send them a DrFelix to see what, if anything, might cause this issue. The response I got was that BFG is experiencing a problem with receiving a DrFelix due to problems on their end. So, for any members having this issue, be aware that Technical Support isn't able to get your DrFelix attached files. Just to let you know. I'll be posting this same message in yesterday's offering too.

Bet this gets locked.

Have a great day everyone.

posted in Haunted Manor: Queen of Death Collector's Edition on Nov 24, 11 9:12 AM
I was receiving an error message of Access Violation 0x0048ABC9 (tried to read from 0x0000000C), program terminated. Also got Access Violation at 0x100D5419 (tried to read from 0x0000000C) program terminated. I could not figure out what all that meant at first. Then I noticed that these messages only appeared when I closed out of the game using the Main Menu. What I did seemed to work. Early into the game, I clicked the Windows icon button and saw that there wasn't an error message. I played for about 30 minutes and, instead of ending the game through the Main Menu option, I clicked the Windows icon, right clicked on the game title and closed the program. That worked for me. Granted, I'm no computer wizard but it did work. I hope this helps some of you,. If I didn't make any sense, I'm sorry. Personally, I think the problem is with the Main Menu options.

I hope that all you wonderful people have a fantastic Thanksgiving. Please don't be too harsh with me about my inability to explain my solution more intelligently.

overthehill60

posted in The Jolly Gang's Misadventures in Africa on Nov 4, 11 9:00 AM
I contacted Live Chat with the language problem and the key to suitcase in the closet. My game shuts down when I put the key in the suitcase. Anyway, to my surprise, the representative told me that they were not aware of the problems with this game. It might have been the rep only but I didin't get that impression. The rep did send me an e-mail later saying they were working on the language issue. They don't have any idea when or if this will be fixed, however. Since I bought this game, I will be asking for a replacement coupon. I'd rather wait to see if there's a fix and then rebuy it. I really liked the first Jolly Gang and wish I were able to play the second one. If people with problems are able to contact Live Chat rather than sending an e-mail to tech support, that might be the best route.

overthehill60

posted in The Last Express on Oct 6, 11 1:20 PM
I also read the review on another site and was a little hesitant to buy this game. I figured if the reviewer found it a hard game, I'd be totally lost. In the end, however, I used a coupon and got it free. I'd actually thought about buying this game from a site that sells large file games exclusively but didn't because I've had some trouble with playing older games on my newer computer. Hopefully I'll have no problems playing now.

In my opinion, paying $6.00 for a large file game is a plus. My shelves are stacked with games I bought in retail stores which cost a fortune. Because I can get these types of games cheaper here, I buy them whenever they're offered. If for some reason they don't work on my computer, I can always ask for a refund or a replacement coupon. I guess what I'm saying is give it a go if you love adventure games.

On an unrelated note, has anyone else noticed that BF has stopped selling some of the LFGs. Dracula Origin is just one example. I bought that game a couple of years ago here and the file became corrupted. I ask for and received a refund fromBF. Later I decided to buy it again and BF had stopped selling it. Now I'd have to pay about $20. for it from another site. Anone know of a site that sells Dracula Origin for less? If so, please let me know in a PM. Thanks

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy Collector's Edition on Jun 19, 11 10:08 AM
It's been so long since I've written a post in any forum that i feel like a newbie. That said, I'd like to throw in my 2 cents worth. I tried the demo of this game from the developer's site and quite enjoyed it. I'm not a HOG fan for the most part but did enjoy this game. I'm not sure I'd pay the CE price but will make that decision after playing the demo offered here on BF.

Shadow, I'm happy that you start this thread in the wee hours of the morning. I enjoy reading the comments posted here. I hope that Chit Chat, Rants, etc. continues regardless of who starts it off. Thank you Shadow for beginning this thread because it has become one of my favorite reads in the morning.

To all you dads......HAPPY FATHER'S DAY. To everyone.....HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY.

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 9, 11 2:32 PM
I demoed this game for the entire hour and enjoyed it. It reminded of an old style adventure game. The controls were fairly easy because so many of the older games I own have the same type of controls. I'm sorry that so many members didn't like this game but tomorrow is another day, right? I have a backlog of adventure and LFGs right now but I will be adding this to my list of buys later this month.

I hope those of you who didn't enjoy this game find a game you like very soon. There were so many members who felt that they wanted to give up their BF membership. I hope you'll reconsider that decision. BF is one of the safest sites for game purchases I've ever found. Whatever decision is made, I hope you find a site that offers you the types of games you will enjoy.

Have a great day everyone.

posted in Nightmare on the Pacific on Jan 15, 11 9:10 AM
After reading the other posts in this thread, I thought I'd let everyone know about my experience with this game. I played the demo from another site and it worked fine. I bought the CE version and right away I ran into problems. The game froze repeatly while loading between scenes. I contacted that site's technical support team and was told that they were aware of the issues (especially on the XP) and that I would be notified be e-mail once these problems were fixed. I never got any kind of notification so I contacted tech support again. The second time I was told that the problem was one that was created by the developer and that until they issued a fix the game would continue to be sold as is. I got a refund. Apparently, the developers never got that fix issued and the game is still
sold with flaws. For the record, I find it offensive when a company sells a product that has known issues. I will test the demo that's being offered by BF but if the number of responses in this thread continues to increase, I will check with BF tech support before I spend any money of this game. It's a sad situation because this promised to excellent game.

As always, this comment is my opinion only. I hope everyone enjoys thiis holiday weekend.

overthehill60

I agree with all the posters who are complaining about CEs being released so often. It seems that those of us who enjoy these types of games are being punished because they are usually offered as CEs. Not many of us can afford the $13.99 price and it's unfair of BF to do this to us. This if just my opinion of course.

posted in Great Secrets: Nostradamus on Oct 29, 10 2:51 AM
Thank Heaven I read the comments in this forum before I even tried the demo. My eyes are already in bad shape so if I have to strain to see objects, it's not a game for me. For those who enjoy this game, I wish you happy gaming. As always, this is just my opinion.

These CEs are becoming a habit with BF. I personally find it very strange that the few games offered lately that I have any interest in are always CEs. What's going on with BF? I've come to the conclusion that if this is how BF is going to play then I'm not going to be able to buy as many games as I once did. I can only afford one CE a month.....maybe two. After that, I can't purchase any games for the rest of the month. This doesn't sound like very good business for BF in my opinion. I'd be curious to know how other members feel about this situation. Looking forward to reading the other posts later today.

posted in Sinister City on Oct 20, 10 7:22 AM
I have a friend who is always saying she can't play adventure games because they are way too hard. Well, here's an adventure that is a great game for her. It's task driven and has a hint system which won't get anyone lost wandering around looking for inventory items from room to room. The cursor even changes to red when a player in heading in the right direction. What more can you ask for? All these things make for a great first time adventure game.

I'm heading off now to tell my friend about this game with the hope that she'll become less likely to shy away from adventure games in the future. For me however, I found this game a little too different from the adventure games I would normally play so it isn't a buy for me. As a starter game for adventures, I think it's perfect.

As always, this is my opinion and I hope none of the members take offense. Have a great day and happy gaming.

posted in Column of the Maya on Oct 18, 10 7:00 AM
I tried this game on another site and I can honestly say that it was one of the worst HOGs I have ever played. I am so disappointed with what's being offered from BF lately that I could cry. I have had to resort to going to other sites to buy my games and I think that's very sad. BF is the largest site offering casual games for PCs but this offering today has become the norm rather than the exception. I can only hope that BF starts offering better produced and developed games in the future. As always, this is my opinion only and not meant to upset anyone else. If my comments cause any of the members upset, then I'm sorry.

posted in Renovate & Relocate: Boston on Oct 9, 10 11:37 AM
On the few occasions I post in forums, I try very hard not to be offensive but this time I have to say I'm getting seriously tired of so many bad games being offered. It seems like weeks since there was a decent game released. I'm glad that the members who enjoy M3 and TM have been given numerous games lately. I hope that they enjoy but I would have liked to see a least a couple of games which others of us enjoy. This TGT is called a hidden object game. I disagree with that classification. If I have to help redecorate property while looking for hidden objects, it' not a hidden object game. The game made no sense to me so it's a definate no buy for me. These are just my opinions so I hope nobody gets offended by what I've said.

posted in The Fall Trilogy Chapter 2: Reconstruction on Sep 29, 10 4:07 AM
I would never have known that Fall Trilogy 2 was out had I now checked the new releases list this morning. No one has mentioned it becoming available but I was thrilled to see that it was finally here. I enjoyed Fall Trilogy 1 so much and, even though I haven't tried 2 yet, I am expecting great things from this game. I'll let everyone know what my opinion is once I demo the game. Have a grreat morning.

posted in Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone on Sep 28, 10 11:38 AM
I acutally liked this game. It does have some drawbacks though such as the difficulty finding objects in the HOG scenes. It feels more like an IHOG than a straight HOG but that''s what I like about the game. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 25, 10 7:27 AM
As always this is just my opinion. I personally liked this game very much. The fact that it reminded me of a H.P. Lovecraft novel made it all the more interesting. I've only seen one other post that compared this game to a Lovecraft novel but I'm not surprised. I read Lovecraft as a teenager which was eons ago but considering he is considered the father of the horror genre, I could see a connection from the beginning. I've tried hard to wait until Oct. to buy this game but I have no will power. I plan to spend today enjoying this game, Thanks BF. Have a good weekend everyone.

posted in Heroes of Kalevala on Sep 20, 10 3:14 AM
I'm very happy to see that M3 and TM games have been offered almost every day last week and again today. I realiize there are many BF members who enjoy these types of games and I hope everyone playing these games is very happy. I mean that sincerely. But I would really love to see a good adventure game offered soon. Hope everyone in the BF family has a wonderful day.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator