Posts created by huntington101

jerseyd1 wrote:Okay, here's my personal beef with this developer; for those of us who like/need the strategy guides, its a bit of a pain in the neck to have to find the page you left off at every time. With all the other developers you can be back at the page you were last. Its like they don't know what a bookmark is.

Have to agree that no bookmark could be a PITA. I have seen some that don't even have a chapter or some other index so if you used page 3 and want to use it 4 hours later you have no choice but to turn over all the pages between then and now.

Still am not sure if that is why someone says the SG is worthless though.

crazy8club wrote:
puzzle_player wrote:I agree with jennsmom. I buy the CE's for the guide also, and this guide is worthless for me.

Me too. I just can't figure out why there is no walkthrough for the game yet. They by far outshine the SG's everytime, but also depends on what web site you obtain them.

While I try to NOT use them, and didn't buy my few CEs for them, I don't think this one is worthless. Is there some brick wall you hit that you can not get past? I can see if it doesn't help one progress through the game at all it might be called worthless.

posted in World Mosaics 5 on Aug 11, 11 7:06 AM
Did not like 3, would not even finish the demo of 4 but will at least try 5.

bratzgram wrote:I absolutely loved this demo! The Hidden Object scenes are excellent as are the mini games. Hints and skips are all available and fill relatively quick. The graphics are great and the voice overs well done.

For me there was a definite twist after the first chapter. Really liked that!
Speaking of chapters . It's a good thing that I read the reviews because I thought there were only 3. That's all you can see in the strategy guide during the demo. From the reviews I take it there are 10. I wasn't going to buy for that reason but now I will.
The strategy guide leaves a bit to be desired. You have to click through to find your place each time you use it. Bad ERS!

I really couldn't find anything I didn't like about this so far. Strategy guide aside. Some may say that it's an overused story line but I have never much cared what the story is as long as the play is good. And it is!

I would definitely recommend advanced mode unless you want to fly through it but you better be on your toes. Casual gives you the(to some) dreaded sparkles to lead your way.

I really think this is a must have for any Adventure/ Hidden Object addict.

Stories are not something I go to a game for. Either I enjoyed what part of the demo I played or not. Doesn't matter who else did or did not like it. Length is sometimes a factor, sometimes not. More relevant seems to be my mood on any given day, system cursor that still aligns properly as I don't like the custom ones and no effort needed to convince me to get the game. Other than that I don't understand what all the review fuss and nastiness is about, cloaked and insinuated or not. Those who are truly $ challenged do have decisions to make and I pop off a code as often as I can. Other than that ...............

This was a longer download than normal.
Clicked on try, waited for the GM to open, game to download then install. It was 8 minutes and 23 seconds before I could click on the play button.

posted in Grim Tales: The Bride Collector's Edition on Aug 10, 11 1:28 PM
Althena533 wrote:
lvfao wrote:spoiler i got, them open by clicking it took a while...i tried skipping every other one and going from side to side

I've always thought if you come to a game forum and expect NOT to see spoilers you're an idiot. That's why I never say anything. Besides, how am I supposed to know what I'm about to say would maybe spoil something for you but not necessarily for somebody else?

Looking at your past posts I can see it is your style, and while there may be a reason, there really is no excuse to make things personal and get nasty.

posted in The Clockwork Man on Aug 8, 11 12:12 PM
Wonderful game. I don't remember it as being short at all, but then I was enjoying the view and smelling the roses as much as solving things and finding this or that.

Didn't use a hint or the walkthrough but had a lot of fun with the morphs. Since some did not show up right away it was additional fun to guess what items they would be when they did reveal.

posted in Royal Envoy on May 23, 11 8:53 AM
Forget all the this and that the guides and walkthroughs tell you to do.

Build a sawmill next to the castle. Start producing wood.

Buy 2 tax collectors.

Run out all the money, build the 5,000 wood bridge and trade. Trade for the highest dollars, you won't run out of wood.

Dig up the 2 treasures.

Build another market in the empty lot. Keep trading for the highest gold. You don't need a third tax collector but if you want one go ahead.

Pay off the 35,000 pirate.

Dig up the next treasure.

Keep trading for the highest gold.

Build the back bridge.

Pay off the 10,000 pirate.

Keep trading to up your score.

Garden each cabin and then plant a fountain. You should not have to worry about siding as this goes so quick.

You will have plenty of time left.

posted in Royal Envoy on May 23, 11 8:52 AM
Forget all the this and that the guides and walkthroughs tell you to do.

Build a sawmill next to the castle. Start producing wood.

Buy 2 tax collectors.

Run out all the money, build the 5,000 wood bridge and trade. Trade for the highest dollars, you won't run out of wood.

Dig up the 2 treasures.

Build another market in the empty lot. Keep trading for the highest gold. You don't need a third tax collector but if you want one go ahead.

Pay off the 35,000 pirate.

Dig up the next treasure.

Keep trading for the highest gold.

Build the back bridge.

Pay off the 10,000 pirate.

Keep trading to up your score.

Garden each cabin and then plant a fountain. You should not have to worry about siding as this goes so quick.

You will have plenty of time left.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 18, 11 4:46 PM
And a very nice little tantrum it is sheaflyin

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 16, 11 11:12 AM
Popped to the forum to take a quick look before buying, but will wait until I find out more about the artwork.

posted in Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse on May 14, 11 4:01 PM
I haven't checked out all of the bonus stuff available but I know the game is telling me that I have unlocked 17 bonus "items" so far!!

I played part of the demo and it said I unlocked 3 bonus items.

One was soundtrack
One was a wallpaper and the third was another wallpaper.

Playfirst is asking for ideas straight from the players

I took a look and see a post in the forums over there by someone who is asking for feedback in the HOPE that it will be read. I did not see a new request from PlayFirst.

There is a lot of feedback already available to them if they want to see it. They know how to read their site, their surveys and their email as well as here and the review sites.

Sorry but this is, in my opinion a waste of time and electricity.

We filled out pages of the official "we need your input" garbage from PlayFirst since the first testing of Book of Air, yes, Book of Air. Kengame(?) stated over and over again, that the last 2 games were an accurate response to testing and feedback. If that is true then those of us mouring this series are outnumbered beyond belief and their sales should be through the proverbial roof. Good for them.

I know PlayFirst has a special place in your heart, but releasing Book of Water as they did and then to call us liars has put the future of this series so out of desire that there is really nothing left to say other than replay 1-3 and remember that all good things come to an end. Some do it with class and some do not.

There was a funeral for this series over at the review site and the deceased really should be allowed to rest in peace.

posted in Rome: Curse of the Necklace™ on May 9, 11 6:48 AM
soblessed57 wrote: Finished it. It's an ok game,I liked the card puzzle for something different. Good graphics but not very pretty scenes. Not very long. The 360 doesn't bother me at all in this game or Mystery In London,like Mario 64 did for Nintendo 64,probably because I'm moving much slower.

posted in Rome: Curse of the Necklace™ on May 9, 11 6:44 AM
Back in March 2010 you posted that you finished it. Is that a reliable source?

posted in Hidden in Time: Looking-glass Lane on May 8, 11 10:15 AM
Nothing wrong with this game that I have seen,but it doesn't say take me home either.

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 8, 11 4:12 AM
The right button was not a problem, but the left (size) button took 9 attempts. The first 8 times I got a double cursor on the left button. The game cursor and a crosshair. The left button would jump to the bottom. Finally the ninth one was the charm. That was the second time I got double cursors in the game. Have 2 doors to go so..................

posted in Snark Busters: All Revved up on May 7, 11 9:57 AM
Raska wrote:This is a very nice game for kids...I'm sure they will love it

Question for those responding in reference to this post.

I wonder how you are all reading so much into one simple statement. I just looked again and don't see any "invisible" writing.

I do not see anything as to it being easy or not for grownups or that it did not appeal the the OP.

Like I said in my previous post, there have been several discussions requesting 'nicer' and kid friendly games. How does anyone get more than recommending this game in that respect, in what the OP said? I don't see it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator