Posts created by GaCorolla

posted in Luxor HD on Jun 6, 11 8:09 AM
I like this latest version of the Luxor series. The others were good in their own way, but I think this one incorporates most of the features of the others nicely.

I am going to edit my own entry to add, I was quite pleased with it in the beginning, then I made the mistake of playing survival instead of sticking with the adventure. When I decided that was not for me, the adventure level started differently than it did before. I don't like the changes, and I won't be playing this game in the future.

What a disappointment!!

posted in Hexus on Jun 5, 11 4:03 PM
First let me say that I am glad that this game is a good one for some of you. We all need a good game. I am glad that someone who developed it is willing to address the things that some of you have posted regarding playing it.

This simply isn't my idea of a good match 3. I played a demo of another game where you shifted colored objects around, and I didn't care for that one either.

You spend too much time with the building and other aspects of the game. I much prefer to simply clear boards. I regret even using a free coupon code to get it.

posted in 7 Artifacts on May 13, 11 7:22 PM
This is an update of the previous post. I finally got out of level 27 and managed to complete the final level, 50. The game then put the completed message up, I saw some pictures of the heroes. Then if you continue, it keeps on repeating level 50. Even though I have finished it, I did repeat the level, and a higher score was achieved. I honestly don't understand the repetition.

posted in The Perfect Tree on Dec 27, 10 8:46 PM
This game has excellent graphics. I think it may have been designed for children more than adults as it is a bit too easy for me.

posted in Cindy's Travels: Flooded Kingdom on Nov 27, 10 9:45 AM
I, too, have tried this game and am enjoying it. The chain effect in this game remind me of Heroes of Hellas 1 & 2. I think this one is a keeper.

posted in Venice Mystery on Nov 27, 10 9:17 AM
This is another game mentioned to me by another fish, and I am enjoying the play. I may purchase this one as well as another one I demoed; it is a $2.99 game on the holiday sale.

posted in Charma: The Land of Enchantment on Nov 27, 10 9:01 AM
Another fish suggested this game to me last night, and I have to admit I had my doubts at first. I like what I have found about it, and just may buy it since it is a holiday sale at $2.99.

posted in The Lost City of Gold on Nov 18, 10 11:54 AM
There is so much posted on this game, where to start. I had no idea that you could find a way to get some options until Lilycat posted such. I don't like the method needed to do that. Since it is not included within the game, I'd best leave well enough alone. As another fish mentioned, I plan to pass on this one as I agree the game has to be older than 2005, perhaps that is the timeline for BF using it. I am Georgia and my screen said $2.99 as usual. I have always checked the amount charged, but certainly will pay strict attention in the future. I don't understand the discrepancies involved unless it has something to do will place of residence. May query the BF folks myself about this.

posted in Plants vs. Zombies on Nov 13, 10 11:04 PM
As I begin this comment. I fully realize that I am very much in the minority, but I like absolutely nothing about this game. I have never been one to like things that remind me of horror type things (nor spooky ones either). Another fish asked me if I had tried it, and I hadn't. I decided to take a look.

Even if I could get used to the idea of someone or something eating brains. the shooter that is used on the zombies shoot extremely slow, which means you will not be getting rid of too many zombies. The planting of sunflowers and other things remind me of the restoration aspect used in other games. I am not fond of restoring or building. This game is not for me.

posted in Camelia's Locket on Nov 13, 10 10:55 PM
This marble popper is different from most of the others I have played. You remove a ball, and then shoot it into two or more to remove them. It took me a bit of time to get used to that method of elimination. That makes it different enough for me to consider a purchase. I only had an hour to try it, and I spent it trying to clear as many levels as possible. There is much more for me to learn about the features of the entire game. This one will definitely be on the list of a future buy.

The game has been out since 2008, but I don't see many postings on the forums. Come on fish! At least check it out, if you haven't.

posted in Woodville Chronicles on Nov 10, 10 5:18 PM
Another fish mentioned this game to me knowing that I like Matcn 3s. I came to the forums to see what was posted here, and at that time there wasn't much to read. I decided to wait on more comments and then consider whether to try it out. I read a bit more, and went ahead and tried it. I am glad I did. I played it in relaxed mode, wanted to play as much as possible in the hour's time so I was moving pretty quickly through the initial levels. I, too, wondered what the red dotted lines were for, and did not notice the bonus level option. I liked the fact that the levels don't get too difficult very early in the game, leaving you wondering if you are wasting your money if you buy it. If you are an average player as I am and not an expert, you have to take things like that into consideration on a possible purchase. The comments made by goofyduck and ecblisa were 2 of the ones that I felt gave a good idea of what was going on and have really influence my opinion of the game. I will put this game on my "will purchase" list.

posted in The Legend of the Golden Tome on Nov 10, 10 10:49 AM
Thanks, ecblisa, for the input. Earlier today, in the game forum, I wondered if the untimed level was in the classic mode.

posted in The Legend of the Golden Tome on Nov 10, 10 5:56 AM
When I did my initial review and comment in that section, I failed to comment like Goofyduck did about not being able to not have a custom cursor. Carolinacat and I are in perfect agreement about this game. I wonder, if you get to play the Classic style after the 2 stages in the beginning of the game, that is where the untimed mode comes into play.

posted in The Legend of the Golden Tome on Nov 10, 10 5:47 AM
I know I will be passing on this one as well. I really hate HOGs and this one was one of the worst I have seen. I am glad I came here to see what the others said about this game. I stopped playing as soon as I saw how the HOG level was. on this one for me. BFG, PLEASE GET SOME BETTER SIMPLY MATCH 3s!!

posted in Cursed House on Nov 9, 10 9:56 AM
Another fish mentioned this game to me, and since I don't like spooky and Halloween type things, commented that I most likely would not even look at it. Decided to bring up the game on the BFG pagek and was saw it is a Match 3, which I really do like, watched the video, and decided to check the forums before I even downloaded the video. I was still considering checking it ou after the first 3 comments I read until the "play against an opponent". There are 2 Jewel Quests that have that feature, and another game I cannot remember the title of at the moment. I am not even going to bother with this one.

posted in Eco-Match on Nov 8, 10 6:40 AM
I was delighted to see a Match 3 game as the DD. I only played for a few minutes, and have to say that this will be a no sale for me. I was so disappointed. For me, there is nothing in the game play that attracts me to it. I doubt I would take it even if it was free. BFG, please try to find a really good Match 3 game for those of us who enjoy them. A really good marble popper with lots of action would be good, too. I am deleting this game off my PC as soon as I finish posting this.

posted in Fairway Solitaire on Oct 28, 10 10:01 PM
I honestly don't see the point of trying to play solitaire when this game is more about golf, which is one sport that I don't like at all. I like almost any other sport. Why can't someone come up with as really good solitaire game?? I would love to have one if there was good information on how to play it was provided. A lot of the ones I have seen here and elsewhere just assume you know how all the various types of solitaire function.

posted in Enigma 7 on Oct 27, 10 9:28 AM
I downloaded the game and only played about 8 minutes and decided to see what was on the forums before going back to it. Man, am I glad I did. My first impression of the game was not good, even after clearing 2 boards using the swap, and not the slider. Fro BF's video, I knew I would not like that one. I enjoy GOOD match 3 games, but frankly, this one is one of the worst I have ever attempted to play, This is the second time I am going to say: "I wouldn't even have this one if you gave it to me, let alone pay anything for it. Good luck to those who do. BF, I know you are in the business of selling games, but you really need to do much better than this

posted in Tumblebugs 2 on Oct 27, 10 5:37 AM
I have tried both Tumblebugs and Tumblebugs 2. I much prefer this one. I haven't played it too long yet, so I haven't gotten as far as some of the other fishes, but I am enjoying it. I hope this is not another game that gets to a place that you cannot progress without it turning into a struggle. Games with all that stress are not fun; they are work and frustration to those of us that are not more expert at video games!

posted in Mah Jong Quest II on Oct 27, 10 5:07 AM
If memory serves, there are 3 Mah Jong Quest games. I have one of them and decided to check out this one. From what I can tell, each of them resembles the other ones. I don't know if I should buy another game almost identical to the others. I wish somone would come up with a really good Mahjong game. Why can't someone come up with a way to make this type of game more interesting?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator