Posts created by gwford1

posted in Tales From The Dragon Mountain: The Strix on Jun 27, 11 7:27 AM
Since I started running Big Fish games under Windows 7, I've often encountered the dreaded Access Error Violation when the games start.. I've had success in fixing this by changing the Compatibility Mode to "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)".
In this case, I made that change to the STRIX.EXE file that gets installed when
the game is downloaded and installed. The game now runs fine. This may not work for all people, but it's worth a shot. Find the STRIX.EXE file. Right click on it and select "Properties" Then select the "Compatibility" tab . Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) from the pull down menu. (I usually check "Run this program and an administrator" also. Then click OK and try to run the game again.
Good luck!

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Jul 17, 10 7:34 AM
I was getting the "Access Error" violation when starting the program. I am running Windows 7. I changed the Compatibility to "Windows Vista - SP 2" and it seems to be running okay now.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Salem Witch Trials on Jul 11, 10 7:59 AM
I, too, was getting the Access Violation error when the game started...both by going through the BF Game Manager and by starting directly through the .exe. I am running Windows 7 (64-bit) and when I used the "Troubleshoot compatibility" option, Windows changed the compatibility to Windows XP (SP 3). That didn't resolve the problem. So, just for the heck of it, I manually changed compatibility to "Windows Vista - SP 2) and now it seems to run fine. Go figure!

posted in Rhianna Ford & The Da Vinci Letter on Feb 14, 10 7:04 AM
That seems to be the solution. If you SKIP the puzzle, you won't be able to pick up the diary. Create a new profile and play, this time completing the puzzle and you'll be able to continue.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator