Posts created by subiegirl

posted in Happyville on May 1, 10 9:00 AM
I totally agree!! I LOVED the game...until the fourth time I played and got bored. Please, more levels!! When I've already played it, please don't make me go through the beginner phase again- it's so annoying. Also make a sandbox mode. This has the potential to be a very fun game!

posted in Passport to Paradise on Mar 22, 10 8:25 AM
Hello all!

This seems to be a glitch in the game. The good news is that ALL other levels allow full access to everything in sandbox mode.

So unfortunately until they fix it and give us a new game, you can't play sandbox on the first island. However, the other levels/islands are VERY fun, give you more money to start, and more freedom in terms of the available things to purchase.

Hope this helps and good luck! :-)

posted in Passport to Paradise on Mar 22, 10 8:21 AM
Hi!
Depending on your level, tourists will not come and/or will leave based solely on your pollution level. Some of the things you can do to reduce your pollution:
1. Go to the tab that has the palm tree. These are all things you can buy that will reduce your pollution. For $1500 you can buy a cabana. For $5000 you can buy a fountain. The fountains reduce pollution considerably. Sometimes just building a few cabanas, a fountain or two and some small plants can reduce pollution below the appropriate level.
2. Pick up trash (they call it rubbish). Just click on it and it will go away.
3. Click on the very last tab on the right. It has certain things you can build (like a zoological garden) that will both reduce pollution and give you more sightseeing points.

Since it's been awhile since I played the version with rules (I am now on sandbox) I don't know if you have access to any of these, but as soon as you do, definitely implement these changes and your pollution will drop dramatically.

Something else that doesn't affect pollution but greatly increases your tourist numbers is to develop the beaches. Click on the beach ball tab and buy things (I think actually this is part of the goals of one of the levels...

Hope this helps! It's a great game once you figure it out- very fun and not too challenging, but challenging enough to keep you engaged. :-)

posted in Passport to Paradise on Mar 15, 10 3:19 PM
I, too was sick of playing games that are over then useless. It is true that you can finish the game in about 5-7 hours, but there is limitless play in the sandbox mode, which I find really fun. As opposed to regular game play where you have to reach certain goals, sandbox allows you do as you wish. The advantage of playing with the 'rules' is that when you get to sandbox mode you have a clue as to how to keep people on the island, how to generate the most revenue, how to keep pollution down, etc. I find myself playing this game a lot when I want to kill an hour or two. I am now in sandbox mode since I've completed all the levels, and I like to go back and play the islands over and over just to play with the different variable in terms of housing, entertainment and food. I have my favorite islands I like going back to. I am not a hard core gamer, so the simple graphics, etc don't bother me. It's just plain fun! For $6.99 it was well worth it to me.

posted in Passport to Paradise on Feb 27, 10 9:50 AM
Hi there!

Does anyone know how the people get the storm clouds over their heads, how I can find out why they have them and how I can keep these people on my island instead of watching them leave? Also, I build trash cans but tourists still throw trash on the ground that I have to pick up. Does anyone know if this is a ratio thing- that I need a certain number of trash cans per number of tourists or something? Because sometimes they don't throw trash on the ground- sometimes they use the trash cans. Any help you have would be appreciated. I like this simple game, it's fun and a great way to spend a lazy Saturday or Sunday.

posted in Passport to Paradise on Feb 21, 10 6:57 PM
I liked it and played it for hours. I don't need all the bells and whistles- shooting people and seeing blood squirt out, perfectly rendered humans, etc. Graphics are simple (which means it doesn't take forever to load a screen and doesn't move like molasses) and it is a bit repetitive (which means you can go back and perfect your previous score, time or strategy), but it was certainly worth $7.00. It was and is a fun way to waste time. This game is perfect for people like me who are occassional gamers and who play not to conquer the world or to kiil as many zombies as possible, but just to...play a game. :-)

posted in Passport to Paradise on Feb 21, 10 6:48 PM
Gardens and flowers work. So do fountains, statues, cabanas and gazebos. The items in the Ecology tab seem to help mitigate pollution also. It is a balance between the things you have that pollute and the things you have that dampen the pollution. Sometimes overdeveloping (having more available than your goals say you need) will send you over the edge in terms of pollution and it will be hard to get back. ALSO, big one: pick up the trash (rubbish)! It can take you down several pollution points. You ahve to stay on it though...Good luck!

posted in Hotel Giant on Feb 20, 10 3:21 PM
Thanks for all the indirect advice not to buy this game, everyone! I wish there weren't games on here that don't work, especially since you can't try them first. Based on this forum I am going to buy another game. Still a big fan of BFG though!

posted in Fitness Frenzy on Feb 17, 10 1:28 PM
Hi!
Have you found any other games that seem to last long? I'm having a hard time justifying buying any more games because the two I've purchased so far and the other four I've played online are over within about 4 hours with no replay value. I don't want to give up on Big Fish, so I am trying to get advice from others on games that will be worth my money. Thanks!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator