Posts created by MissHappiness19

posted in RoboRoll on Jul 18, 11 7:50 AM
I really liked RoboRoll! Of course, I'm a sucker for logic/brain teaser puzzles, so I could be a little biased. Each level of the game adds different elements to the puzzle, slowly making them more complex and interesting, with later levels really making you have to plan ahead and think. I enjoy things like that!

It would have been nice to be able to see the entire board at once, but overall I found I didn't mind too much having to click and drag to see everything. I think my biggest annoyance was that the Robot went a little too quickly for me sometimes and I'd go further than I wanted to go, but other than that I really enjoyed the puzzles and the game.

(Oh, and Cherry211–– there isn't any Timer that I could see. I think what you're referring to are the charges of the Robot. Each move eliminates one, which means you have to plan your movements in advance. In later levels a charging station appears that will allow you to gain more, which will then allow you to move the Robot further.)

I'm planning on buying this eventually. I'm not sure when as there are so many other games on my "Buy" list that I haven't gotten around to getting yet, but eventually this addicting little game will be mine!

Thank you developers for a thoughtful and fun brain teaser game!

posted in Puzzle Bots on May 22, 11 10:48 AM
Absolutely delightful! I loved the demo! The gameplay is unique and fun, with clever puzzles to work through. I only wish it were released for Mac. *insert groveling to the developers to port it over*

posted in Royal Challenge Solitaire on May 16, 11 8:18 PM
This is a beautifully done game! I really like it. It's very fun, relaxing and also challenging! I also really appreciate that it was released for Mac.

posted in Tibor: Tale of a Kind Vampire on Oct 5, 10 11:06 AM
This is a really cute and fun little platform game! The story is interesting, I like the voice overs, the graphics are good and the gameplay is fun! I can't wait to play more levels and see what's in store for little Tibor! It's definitely worth a demo, and it's one I'll purchase sometime in the near future.

Thanks for allowing us Mac Fishies enjoy this game early. It's a nice one!

posted in Tibor: Tale of a Kind Vampire on Oct 5, 10 6:19 AM
Kyasarin wrote:I downloaded this one and can't play it. When I click on "play game" in my GM, it immediately routes to the "Play again?" screen. Mac user, it happened before with Wispa Forest, I think.

That happened to me with Women in White. I solved the problem by moving the game to the Applications folder and launching it from there. (Some games are very picky about where they want to be launched... a programming flaw, I believe.) I'm not sure if it'll work with Tibor as I'm still downloading it and haven't tried it, but it's worth a shot! Good luck!

ETA: Yep, I ran into the same issue, but shoving the game into Applications and launching it from there did the trick. Tedious, but at least it can be played.

posted in Escape from Frankenstein's Castle on Sep 5, 10 6:50 AM
I really like this game! The loading between each scene only took a few seconds and didn't bother me at all; it was the same length as Drawn, which also loaded between scenes. I thought this was an interesting and well made game, and I love its adventure style!

I love Playfirst and think they make high quality games. And I appreciate how they release the Mac version along with the PC version. Thanks!

posted in Royal Envoy Collector's Edition on Sep 2, 10 2:27 PM
YEAH!!!!!

I've been waiting for months for this game to come to Mac!

Thanks !

posted in The Legend of Crystal Valley on May 30, 10 6:22 AM
I too would appreciate a Mac Demo. But if we never get one and we buy the game only to find it doesn't work, will give us a refund (or a game credit), I assume?

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club™: Amelia Earhart™ on Apr 23, 10 3:15 AM
belamba wrote:
MissHappiness19 wrote:Why is there another game forum for Amelia Earhart? What was wrong with the one created yesterday? Hmmm...

Can I just ask why there was a forum for TGT yesterday?? I didn't understand that :-)

It was created yesterday because it was TGT for Mac yesterday.

prpldva wrote:
MissHappiness19 wrote:Why is there another game forum for Amelia Earhart? What was wrong with the one created yesterday? Hmmm...

They are created automatically- the mods will combine them tomorrow....

Oh really? Okay, that'll be less confusing.

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club™: Amelia Earhart™ on Apr 23, 10 12:19 AM
Why is there another game forum for Amelia Earhart? What was wrong with the one created yesterday? Hmmm...

Well, I'll repost the review I wrote yesterday in this one, for those fishies wanting to know more about the game!

I think this is a good game that is really well done. It's an iHOG with really good graphics. You see photographs, watch footage of Amelia Earhart and hear clips with her speaking (these are all from the real Amelia Earhart), then go to areas from her life to do the Hidden Object scene, which is full of interactions (most of which you need an item from another scene) and a few riddle type Hidden Object clues.

You also investigate scenes that deal with Theories about her disappearance; these are short, as all you do is move your cursor around until it beeps rapidly to let you know you've found an artifact of Amelia's. There are also some puzzles, plus "Flying Lessons," which is essentially a Mastermind type game. There is also a journal that keeps track of all the facts you learn about Amelia Earhart.

There were a few annoying instances where the object I was looking for wasn't what I had in mind. (e.g The clue was "bow" and I was looking for a hair bow, but it was really a violin bow I needed.)

Overall, I found this game to be really well done, interesting, educational and fun. It's not at the top of my "to buy" list, but I'll probably buy it sometime in the future.

Happy Gaming!

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club™: Amelia Earhart™ on Apr 22, 10 9:45 AM
Well, I'll start off the reviews!

I think this is a good game that is really well done. It's an iHOG with really good graphics. You see photographs, watch footage of Amelia Earhart and hear clips with her speaking (these are all from the real Amelia Earhart), then go to areas from her life to do the Hidden Object scene, which is full of interactions (most of which you need an item from another scene) and a few riddle type Hidden Object clues.

You also investigate scenes that deal with Theories about her disappearance; these are short, as all you do is move your cursor around until it beeps rapidly to let you know you've found an artifact of Amelia's. There are also some puzzles, plus "Flying Lessons," which is essentially a Mastermind type game. There is also a journal that keeps track of all the facts you learn about Amelia Earhart.

There were a few annoying instances where the object I was looking for wasn't what I had in mind. (e.g The clue was "bow" and I was looking for a hair bow, but it was really a violin bow I needed.)

Overall, I found this game to be really well done, interesting, educational and fun. It's not at the top of my "to buy" list, but I'll probably buy it sometime in the future.

Happy Gaming!

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club™: Amelia Earhart™ on Apr 22, 10 8:57 AM
sawadee93 wrote:just curious now MissHappiness ..is it a good game ?

Sorry for the delay–– I'm easily distracted by other things.

Yes, it's a good game. It's an iHOG with really good graphics. You watch footage of Amelia Earhart and hear clips with her speaking (these are all from the real Amelia Earhart), then go to areas from her life to do the Hidden Object scene, which is full of interactions (most of which you need an item from another scene) and a few riddle type **** clues. You also investigate scenes that deal with Theories about her disappearance. There are also some puzzles, plus "Flying Lessons," which is essentially a Mastermind type game.

There were a few annoying instances where the object I was looking for wasn't what I had in mind. (e.g The clue was "bow" and I was looking for a hair bow, but it was really a violin bow I needed.) Overall, I found it to be really well done, interesting, educational and fun. It's not at the top of my "to buy" list, but I'll probably buy it sometime in the future.

I hope you enjoy it when it's released for PC! Have a great day!

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club™: Amelia Earhart™ on Apr 22, 10 5:15 AM
Yes, it's Mac's TGT, but there isn't a forum yet. I want to post a review and read other fishies' reviews, so I hope gets one up soon.

posted in Unsolved Mystery Club™: Amelia Earhart™ on Apr 22, 10 5:00 AM
I too was just barely looking for this forum so I could read reviews, but I discovered it hadn't been created yet. , please create a game forum for the Mac Users even if the PC Users haven't gotten the game yet.

posted in Dragon Hatchery on Apr 14, 10 11:50 AM
This is a cute game that's half Match 3 and half Time Management; you hatch baby Dragons in the M3 before taking care of them in the Dragon Nursery.

At first I thought it would be an easy game, but I found I had to replay the first M3 level several times before I beat it–– though I admit I'm not the best M3 player. When you hatch baby dragon eggs in the M3, you also earn money to buy upgrades, and if you spell "Hatchery" with the letters found in some of the eggs, you get a bonus. So far I haven't seen any powerups, but I spent more time in the Dragon Nursery than playing the M3 part, so there could be some later in the game.

Tending to the baby dragons in the Nursery is cute, but they're demanding little things. You feed them food and water, bathe them, and change their nests; if you're not quick enough they'll fly away and you lose them! This game could get pretty stressful, and though it's not technically timed, you do rush around to complete the level before you "lose."

I liked the balance of M3 and TM, but I'll probably wait for this to be a DD because M3 isn't my favorite genre, and I can see it getting too difficult too quickly. However, for fans of the genre, this is a cute and unique game that's free of glitches.

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Apr 13, 10 2:07 AM
What an excellent game!

I love the graphics, the music, the story, the interactive things to do, the puzzles, the voiceovers... everything! This is a very high quality game and I'm really enjoying it!

When the demo ended, I was still in the middle of Chapter 2, so for those who love length, this one appears to be a long one. But even if it were short, I'd still buy it, because I enjoyed it that much!

For fellow Mac users, I've had no technical issues on my Macbook running Snow Leopard, and everything has been smooth and loading times instant.

I'm very glad I actually get to post a review since this game came out for Mac at the same time it did for PC. Thanks , it's greatly appreciated!

posted in Heartwild Solitaire on Feb 27, 10 1:24 PM
shorenuf wrote:
MissHappiness19 wrote:Wow, I posted too soon! I figured out how to solve the problem. (Thank you Mac Forum!) For anyone else having this problem: this game insists being in the Applications folder. All my other games are organised nicely in Subfolders, but this one is stubborn! So, if your game crashes, try putting it there.

Heartwild Solitaire is one game you might want to get directly from the developer. If downloaded from there, it does not crash if it is not in the Applications folder, and there are extra levels for the game only available from that site. The extra levels are free.

Thanks for the information! I hadn't known that!

posted in Heartwild Solitaire on Feb 24, 10 12:01 PM
Wow, I posted too soon! I figured out how to solve the problem. (Thank you Mac Forum!) For anyone else having this problem: this game insists being in the Applications folder. All my other games are organised nicely in Subfolders, but this one is stubborn! So, if your game crashes, try putting it there.

posted in Heartwild Solitaire on Feb 24, 10 11:56 AM
This is happening to me too. It worked perfectly during the one hour trial demo, but as soon as I entered the Registration code it crashed and now refuses to open. I've never had this problem before on my Mac, and don't understand why it's doing it now when it didn't for the trial.

If anyone figures out how to fix the problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator