Posts created by SSueSQ

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:44 AM
You have to find info on all 5 books before it will let you solve the bookcase puzzle. I believe 4 are notes and 1 is a balloon.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:40 AM
You don't really have to move the pin, just push the cylinders up to whatever number you choose. If you're right, it will stay there, but if you get one wrong, they all drop down and you have to push them up again.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:36 AM
I found 21 but couldn't find the last one, but I feel pretty sure it's in there somewhere.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:32 AM
I set my options with boxes checked for both full screen AND widescreen and the game worked perfectly on my widescreen laptop. I didn't have to do any scrolling and all of my stuff I had to find showed on my screen with no problems. Some people had missing HO scenes, but I always did my HO's first before I did anything else on the screen and my game worked perfectly. It really is a pretty good game....worth trying again.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:28 AM
You have to fix the x-ray machine with some insulated tape and then the code for the TV will show up in the mouth of the face on the x-ray.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:26 AM
I checked boxes for both full screen AND widescreen and it works perfectly on my widescreen laptop.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:24 AM
I have both full screen AND widescreen (but not stretch) checked in my options and it works perfectly for my widescreen laptop.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:21 AM
I didn't have that problem, but you should be able to re-install the game without losing your place. I've re-installed game a number of times and did not have to start over. Good luck!!

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:19 AM
After you shut off the gas in the basement, you have to press the red button over the stove to turn on the fan to suck out the remaining gas. I had to press mine a couple of times for it to work, but then I was able to proceed through the game.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:16 AM
I always do my HO's first--before I do anything else in the room. That seems to work for me. I haven't had any problems with HO scenes disappearing.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:13 AM
You have to get the pattern from the desk drawer below the computer. When you get access to the computer using the badge code a screen full of numbers comes up. You put the pattern on the screen and it will show you the 8 numbers you need to shut off the bomb.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:11 AM
You can finish the game without using the level but you have to get the badge code for the computer password from the strategy guide. Using the level on the elevator doors starts a HO scene which contains the police badge with the number on it. The doors never get stuck or anything, you just use the level to start the HO scene.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:06 AM
I didn't have any problem with it, but I always do my HO first, before I do anything else on the screen. That might be why I didn't have problems, but maybe I was just lucky.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:03 AM
No, it's not normal. You may need to re-install the game.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 3:01 AM
Using the level in the elevator doors gives you a HO scene. The HO scene has the police badge with the number on it to use for the password to get in the computer in the gate shack. You do need these things if you don't want to have to look in the strategy guide to finish the game.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 2:57 AM
I managed to find 21 but just couldn't find that last one. I figure it must be there somewhere or they wouldn't say there are 22. What gets me is that they are not in the strategy guide or the walkthrough. Actually, the walkthrough looks like an exact copy of the strategy guide. How lame!

TV
 posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 2:54 AM
The code is in the x-ray room on the x-ray. You have to fix the x-ray machine with some insulated tape you find in an HO scene, then the code will show up.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 2:52 AM
You will use your crowbar in a couple of different places so if you still have it in your inventory after you open the car trunk then you still need to do stuff with it.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 30, 12 2:50 AM
You have to find a police badge in one of the HO scenes and the number is on the badge. I think the HO scene is the one where you have to use the car jack (which they call a level) to open the elevator doors. The doors are never stuck or anything, you just have to open them with the car jack to get the HO scene.

posted in Abandoned: Chestnut Lodge Asylum on Apr 29, 12 8:50 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I would appreciate any extra morphing objects being posted. I have looked... and looked... and looked, but I can't find any more than 18. The strategy guide and the walkthrough only show 17. I would like to know if there really are 22 or is that just a gimmick to get us to play the game again.... and again. Help please.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator