Posts created by Rasa100

posted in Sunken Secrets on Apr 22, 17 4:44 PM
... or why there are bridges between the little islands when they could just swim over - the Nagas and the seahorses float over the ground, after all!

posted in Sunken Secrets on Apr 20, 17 9:50 AM
I, too, was disappointed that there was no Easter Event. Still, I'm not loosing hope (yet). It's the way these free-to-play games go, I'm afraid, they get developed to a certain point and if they're not profitable anymore or the developing company decides to focus on moblie games and abandons their PC games or whatever, they stop. With a lot of "coming soon" still in the game, usually. It happened with Awakening Kingdoms, it happened with Found, it happened with Agency 33, the list goes on and on. And yes, I've played these games (and others), so I'm used to finding out that I'll never get to see what's behind that closed door in the "coming soon" area.

At least with the games I mentioned, there was a final forum post announcing that the game was dropped from further development, so the players knew that there would never be another update. I hope that - should Sunken Secrets end - they will tell us as well, and may this day (where the game ends, I mean) be far, far off... On the other hand, I recently started playing yet another FTP game, and as far as I can tell, it's dead - no update for over a year, developer's homepage still running but not been updated since early 2016 - but there is no forum message about the game development being stopped. Still, it's fun to play, so I'll just continue as far as it goes...

The essence of all this rambling is: My advice to all those who play a FTP game is: Enjoy what fun you can get from playing, don't spend any mony you can't afford to loose, be prepared for it suddenly ending, stop playing when the playing starts to feel like work or gives you less fun than doing something else. It's good while it lasts, but it won't last forever.

Oh, and the money you spend isn't an investment: you will never get anything tangible from it, just the enjoyment of a game. It's the difference between buying a book, that you can read over and over again, or buying a ticket to the movie, which you can only watch once; FTP money is the latter, to my way of thinking. That's not saying that all those players who lost updates they payed for due to a game crash shouldn't complain, that's a different matter altogether! I'm just cautioning against thinking something along the lines of "I spent so much money on this, I have to keep playing, even if it's not fun anymore".

Anyway, I still hope Sunken Secrets continues for a good while...

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 5, 16 7:06 AM
MissCuddleFish wrote:My favorite part is scaring the islanders. Who knew they could scare so easy.

I like watching them run away screaming and then run back and say how scared they were.

Am I bad?

I put the cauldron near the cooking pots to blend in - I like to imagine that my islanders stroll up to it, think "oh nice, another cooking station, I'll make a nice tomato soup" - and then the bone-handle shows up! Run for the hills!
So you see, at least you're not alone in liking to scare your people

Silver Hawk, thanks for the info about the inflatables. I'd love to see an easter bunny krok - Long, floppy ears would look adorable on them, wouldn't they?

posted in Sunken Secrets on Nov 4, 16 5:11 AM
Just want to chime in to say that I love the Event, too. Wasn't too happy with the last update (that changed the requirement for building upgrades to amber, amber and alluring amber), but figured I would find a way to come to terms with it. With the Halloween Event, my enjoyment of the game has gone right up again. Especially because it is a good sign that the PC users are included, gives me hope for further updates.

Just one question, there are only three inflatables, right?

Looking forward to the next Events!

DUH
 posted in Myths of Orion: Light from the North on Jan 11, 16 4:09 AM
The special items are the enchantresses crosses and witches' talismans. They are located in some of the scenes and zoom-in scenes where you can just pick them up. But you don't need them for the game, you just get an achievement for collecting them all. In your diary is a page where you can see the outline of the items, so you know what to look for. You access this page by one of the tabs at the bottom of the opened diary.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 12, 15 1:53 AM
Just to add one more thought: the revenue of course comes from people who pay for boosts, additional coins and so on. I have done this in the past, to advance more quickly, but right now - why should I? I won't spend any real money on this game as long as I'm not sure that it is going to continue (for context, I'm in Shanghai) - there is no sense in advancing quickly through levels that might well be the last I ever get.

So this lack of updates is hurting sales, the lack of sales mean the updates come later and later, which will further hurt the sales... I'm afraid I see a pattern here, one that can only end in "developers discontinue PV version"

Btw, I'm sorry for all this doom-and-gloom, but I lost my favourite FTP games this year due to their developers dropping them, so I'm somewhat disillusioned by this whole model.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Dec 12, 15 1:23 AM
There are various Free to Play games for PC on BFG that were abandoned this year (i.e., no further updates, no more bugfixes) by their developers. I think mpendo is right: PC doesn't bring in the expected revenue, so the developers focus their attention elsewhere, on mobile devices. I don't play on mobile devices and don't see myself starting anytime soon, so yes, this hits me hard, but I have pretty much resigned myself to this - we can't change anything here. My tip is, whenever you start a free to play game on PC, be well aware that your version will be last priority.

I only wish the developers would be honest enough to announce early that they have decided to stop updating the PC version (I think this is what has happened here). All this futile waiting and hoping is annoying, to say the least.

posted in Agency 33 on Oct 1, 14 1:19 PM
You can buy one in the shop. The creation time stamps are under the "craft" tab (the rightmost one, looks like a shield with a cross on it). They're 3 orbs, though.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 6:55 AM
Thanks for the answers - I loved the game, but not enough to play it a second time just to get all the beyond objects. Well, perhaps when / if the next game of the series is released... (I hope there will be one!)

posted in The Tale of The Lost Bride and A Hidden Treasure on Jan 13, 12 5:01 AM
No, I have (more or less) given up. As you con see by the time it took me to answer, sorry!

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Jan 13, 12 4:38 AM
Hi fellow players, have just finished the main game but missed three beyond objects. Can anyone who has collected them all tell me what happens in this case? E.g., is there some extra content unlocked? Thanks!

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secret Collector's Edition on Jan 13, 12 4:35 AM
Have you found the lantern yet? (Not the one used in the Bloody Mary world, the second one)

posted in The Tale of The Lost Bride and A Hidden Treasure on May 15, 11 4:32 AM
Hi Fishies,
I need some help with the "invite all the guests to the wedding" screen at the end (I think) of th game. I just can't find all the guests, the timer keeps ticking down until I have to start over, and as there are no hints available, I'm stuck and unable to finish the game. Has anyone who made it past this scene any pointers for me where I may look for some really well-hidden guest? Thanks!

posted in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting ™ on Apr 18, 10 1:33 PM
I found a solution, though I have no idea if this will work for anyone else, but I'll still post it here:
Start the game.
Wait until you hear the music.
In the windows task manager, on the first screen, right click on "mishap", choose "maximize" from the menue.
For me, this caused the menue screen of the game to pop up (note that it was still not working properly!)
Moving the mouse over the menue made the mouse disappear - the actual active area is very small.
By wild clicking all over the screen I finally opened the options, and after more wild clicking, I managed to set the full screen option again...
game works!
This was more sheer luck than anything else, but perhaps someone can replicate this.

posted in Mishap: An Accidental Haunting ™ on Mar 1, 10 6:37 AM
Same here. Just reinstalled it, no help. *sigh* Hope there's going to be a fix soon.
Though I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator