Posts created by Mimisix

I downloaded this game immediately @ 3:00 AM my time and played for about 2 hours. My original review was glowing.

Unfortunately after now playing it off and on for the past five days I am totally bored with it. I am currently playing the Bonus Game and I just keep hitting the hint button to get it over with. To my mind it does not live up to MCF standards. I heard it said that all good things must come to an end and I'm afraid this is the end for me for MCF games. I certainly won't buy another one without trying it first.

It saddens me to see how much Big Fish has declined over the last couple of years. But then again..................money talks and we all know the rest.

Waited un-patiently til 3:00 AM on the east cost and couldn't hit that buy button fast enough. I am loving every little bit of it. It has something for everyone. I loved the original Madame Fate but I was not good at doing those tough puzzles. This game gives me a little nudge with the puzzles that is just what I need. The graphics are bright and beautiful. The music fits perfectly, non-repetitious and not at all annoying. More often than not I turn off the music.

My one and only complaint.............................I AM EXHAUSTED!

I had out of state company here for a couple of days, good friends that I love to see but......................I was getting a little anxious for them to leave just so I could play this game. I've been up 'til 5:00 AM for the last 2 days trying to get in a couple of hours of play time after they went to bed. They left this morning and I've been yawning over the 'puter ever since.

Great Job Big Fish. Back to what worked and what kept us all coming back every year. I did not like last years lake game, so tired I can't even remember the correct name.

So thanks Big Fish and now back to the game waiting on my other 'puter. Oh yeah, its on both, desktop and laptop.

posted in PuppetShow: Destiny Undone Collector's Edition on Mar 28, 13 11:37 AM
I'm having the same problem as others...................boy on the bike; train tracks. I uninstalled, re-installed, went through all the suggestions made by bfgizara and my computer is completely fine. Should be since its less than a year old. After the 2nd reinstall I did not click on the boy on the bike until I had searched around the rest of the screen and went inside the house. (without a problem). As soon as I clicked back on the boy on the bike the trouble started with the cursor.

I very rarely have a problem with a Big Fish game and in the past if there was one it was a glitch from the developer and was remedied.

I did plan on purchasing this game as I have the other four in the series. Hopefully there will be a solution to the above problems. I'll wait as I have plenty of other games to play.

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Dec 1, 12 12:43 PM
This is the most beautiful game I have ever played. I can't say enough good things about it. Just wish MCF Shadow Lake had been half as good as this game.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 20, 12 5:07 PM
I love this game. Will definitely play it again and again. So different and so much fun. Thank you BFG, you did it again.

And thanks to all you wonderful, smart fishies for my daily entertainment reading this thread.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 17, 12 8:49 AM
bri_rose1978 wrote:I noticed in the blog post that we're supposed to go to "Shadow Lake Penitentiary", which automatically makes me think of what is supposedly one of the most haunted locations in the US, Eastern State Penitentiary. Of course there are a TON of legends surrounding the penitentiary; I don't recall any offhand that deal with any artifacts discovered at the penitentiary, but it just made me remember how haunted the place supposedly is. I wonder if there will be any elements in the game that remind me of the legends further!

Having lived in a Philly burb most of my life, I drove by this place a few times. Your flesh crawls just driving past it. I have never gone on Holloween (I hate to be scared) but a few of my kids have. One of my daughters (who loves to be scared) loved it and has been a couple of times but one of my very grown up sons said there was no way he would go back. Scared the beejeesus outta him.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 8, 12 12:30 PM
Ok I'll take a chance that this is gonna sound really dumb but something has been bothering me for 2 days.

On the pics on FB. I noticed the tag on the SL pic. I clicked on the next pic and saw the MCF badge with a lot of tags on it. I clicked through a slew of pics and did not see any tags on any other pics. When I clicked on some of the tags they had a pic of the world map on them. Now I know I was told that is just a feature and a lot of peeps use it. However the ones I looked at were just blank world maps. And in clicking on the countdown numbers 15, 14, 13 etc., I noticed that badge shows up again with tags on it.

Yesterdays clue was Use the Map. Is it possible that one of the maps on the tagged pics is the map we are suppose to use.

And thats as far as this brain will go.

Mr_Russ wrote:
Mimisix wrote:I would be surprised if it is a typo.
You don't think the line is meant to read "For some it is only a fortnight"?

Yes I do think it reads that but I just have a nagging thought that "y" was not a mistake. I haven't any idea why.

I would be surprised if it is a typo.

I've become such a cynic. I don't trust BF when it comes to clues. I'll grasp at anything. lol

And if you click on the arrow and go to the next pic of the badge and run your mouse over it a bunch of names come up. They lead to fb pages of people and they all have maps on them.

WTG Bri & Susan Congrats!!!!

I can't figure out any of the clues but I'll be here cheering y'all on.

dogmama wrote:
Mimisix wrote:I really think King's English was a clue to find the song by Smog especially after seeing the new pics on FB. It is definitely smoggy or foggy as the case may be.

Mimi- Actually Picman said the King's Tongue which does indeed point to Smog .

I mis-typed again, you're right it is kings tongue and that how I found the song from Smog.

Laura29 wrote:Well, "November" could almost be "nevermore" but that leaves us a B.

and nevermore leads us back to Poe "Quoth the Raven - nevermore"

There's that raven again.

I really think King's English was a clue to find the song by Smog especially after seeing the new pics on FB. It is definitely smoggy or foggy as the case may be.

nyanyamaria wrote:
dogmama wrote:Are we getting the impression that we're going to play the game in the fog ?

I agree with you, dogmama. These aren't exactly clues, but a clue about fog wouldn't be very exciting or revealing either. So yes, it is probably a little sneak peek on "in-game atmosphere".

Which would tie-in with "Kings Tongue" being a song by SMOG.

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 6, 12 11:47 AM
"Also, I must warn you all to be careful where you go looking for clues. Not all paths lead to the same destination".

Does this possibly mean the clues on FB are leading us astray?

Completely O.T.

ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. CITIZENS, PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE TODAY!

for what its worth Picman mentions "chills" in the last two clues.

I mentioned that Kings Tongue song a few page back and the only thing I picked up from it is thats its by Smog. The smog stood out to me.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator