Posts created by nomatt

posted in Secret Diaries: Florence Ashford on Oct 15, 10 12:47 AM
No problems playing at all here. I have played half an hour and can't decide if I like it. My wife will have to choose if we buy it or not. It just (so far) seems a little simple. You only have one thing to do at a time, find a knife, find a key etc, no challenge. There were a couple of mini games that were too easy and the **** sections ditto.
Back to yesterdays CE for me.
PS, why have the initials for hidden object, the h and the o, been replaced by stars?

posted in I SPY: Treasure Hunt on Oct 10, 10 12:37 AM
Somebody said it was released in 2001? It looks like it. Yet another game deleted after 10 minutes, sigh. I agree this isn't BFs fault but the recent games have been terrible. Checking here is one of the first things I do each day, now I find I do it later and later.

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 7, 10 2:33 AM
So I did it again, got up and put the PC on straight away. Thinks 'It surly must be a good HOG today'?
Sigh. Maybe tomorrow? I have actually run out of things to play. First time in years of being a BF member, very sad.

posted in Zuzu & Pirates on Oct 6, 10 2:11 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:I am beginning to wonder if we IHOG fans are being punished for something. This is the worst streak that I can remember... I think there have been 4 games I want in a 5 week period or close to it -

What do you want to bet I get cyber-tarred & feathered for this post!?

I said something very similar a few days ago and got blasted for it. I keep waiting and waiting but...................

Edit, still I had to try it didn't I. !0 minutes in and deleted. I sure hope the person who chooses our games comes back from holiday soon!

posted in Venus: The Case of the Grand Slam Queen on Oct 5, 10 12:23 AM
11 minutes proved too much for me. It may appeal to tennis fans or 10 year old girls but....tedium ensued. Oh how I long for a quality HOG.

posted in Incredible Adventures of my Mom on Oct 4, 10 12:57 AM
The game won't run for me. I have done all the usual things, reboot, uninstall, reinstall etc. All I get is a black screen forever. The game will not start?
I suspect there will be many similar posts here shortly?

posted in Incredible Adventures of my Mom on Oct 4, 10 12:31 AM
There seems to be a theme developing here. The game won't run for me. I have done all the usual things, reboot, uninstall, reinstall etc. All I get is a black screen forever. The game will not start?

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town Collector's Edition on Sep 23, 10 2:43 AM
BossBrat wrote: I noticed, right off, that people who create video games still don't know how to spell! In the very first scene the woman says something along the lines of "I've said my piece", obviously the incorrect spelling of the word in the context of what she was saying. "Peace" would have been the word to use instead. Gee, do these people get actually make all this money with not enough education to know which word to use in a sentence? The answer is obviously 'yes', lol.

Ha ha, 'I've said my piece' is correct as in I've said my bit'. I've said my peace doesn't make sense.
Great game BF.

posted in Goddess Chronicles on Sep 22, 10 1:38 AM
indigo_ladybug wrote:
nomatt wrote:Well after what seems like quite some time without a decent Hidden Object game I was glad to see this one this morning. 30 minutes later I have had enough. I have been sent to 'the punishment room' also, come on, I'm 57 not 8. Also three out of the first five puzzles were the exact same one and it only took 15 seconds the first time! Now I have no pieces to find but it won't let me out until I find all the pieces, shouting "I have done" at the screen doesn't seem to help and clicking only threatens to send me back to the punishment room. Sorry but I think this is quite a poor game, I'm only glad I can try before I bin.
Come on BF, bring back the quality you're famous for.

nomatt, you need to click on a doorway (or maybe where the statue crashed in the wall). Its Not obvious! :| The time out room has basically ruined it for me. that and the mumble voice over .

I did click on the doorway, it says I have to find all the pieces first, which I have. I understand the door bit.

posted in Fatal Hearts on Sep 22, 10 1:35 AM
Yeah it's an odd sort of game. The puzzles are excellent but I almost worn my mouse out clicking through a whole novel of drivel. If you stand can clicking through pages of dialogue or like stories you'll probably love it.

posted in Goddess Chronicles on Sep 22, 10 12:56 AM
Well after what seems like quite some time without a decent Hidden Object game I was glad to see this one this morning. 30 minutes later I have had enough. I have been sent to 'the punishment room' also, come on, I'm 57 not 8. Also three out of the first five puzzles were the exact same one and it only took 15 seconds the first time! Now I have no pieces to find but it won't let me out until I find all the pieces, shouting "I have done" at the screen doesn't seem to help and clicking only threatens to send me back to the punishment room. Sorry but I think this is quite a poor game, I'm only glad I can try before I bin.
Come on BF, bring back the quality you're famous for.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Aug 6, 10 8:01 PM
I have had it with this game. I've played it through twice, upto the clock makers and Reveal does not work, game over. I have had several email's with Big Fish but they still seem to think it's my fault. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but I'm not doing it again. I have bought a couple of hundred games from BF and this is only about the third I've had a problem with but the first where BF don't seem to want to accept any responsibility.

posted in Dream Chronicles: Book of Air Collector's Edition on Jul 31, 10 1:03 AM
We are having the same problem as many others, reveal will not work so we cannot get to the water level. Can somebody please give us the coordinates and we can try inputting them to see if that can move us on?
Thanks all.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 5, 10 6:23 AM
Ah ha, I wasn't current, there was another driver dated 16 June. It didn't fix anything though, Game is still broken.

posted in Skymist - The Lost Spirit Stones on Jul 5, 10 6:01 AM
Same here, all the text boxes are just white, no text at all. The game is unplayable. I have installed/uninstalled it twice with and without the Creative Labs OpenAL.dll. I even went to Creative and got it from there, still the same. I'm going to try video driver update now although I think I'm current. If it works I'll be back.
Please comment on what is obviously a common problem Big Fish.

I played the game at top resolution, ATI 5870 on a 22 inch widescreen with no problems at all. It sounds like those with problems are playing in 'windowed' mode? I'd check the shortcut > properties, I'm guessing but....

posted in Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates on May 21, 10 3:27 AM
Brilliant game. Good job not all games are like this or I'd have a pile of unfinished games and no money! I had one little problem though. In the first (or one of the first) minigame, where you have to turn the tiles, I got stuck and because I was playing the demo I sneaked a look at the walkthrough. It shows the same puzzle but with a differant layout so the solution cannot work. I bought the game without finishing the demo though, fantastic game.

posted in My Beautiful Vacation on May 10, 10 12:51 AM
This game proved to be very poor indeed. First it would not let me enter my name as just one initial, it had to be several letters, why? The music in it is so annoying I had to turn it off. There are just so many small, irritating and pointless things wrong with this game, I won't finish the free hour. To be honest, if it were free I'd still delete it.

posted in Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator on Apr 20, 10 10:41 PM
Mine is a Radeon 5850 with 4Gb RAM and a Duel core at 3GHz, it ain't my PC.

posted in Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator on Apr 20, 10 5:44 AM
Same here. I have already posted that the game seems broken. I have updated everything including all the Adobe stuff, just reinstalling the game, Again! Nothing so far has made a difference. It seems to be a definite bug.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator