Posts created by Valkara

posted in Design This Home on Jan 26, 14 2:07 AM
That seems to be an extra baby. I got mine long before even building a baby's bedroom. Personally, I'd love to get rid of it since it's annoying, nobody ever bothers to feed it, and it's a dumb thing to have in the bathroom anyway.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 23, 14 8:58 PM
Sometimes I put stuff in unexpected places just to see if the game will let me. The toilet's been in the middle of the bathroom for most of the game.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 23, 14 8:55 PM
The fourth house costs $1,000,000.

posted in Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 14 3:45 PM
There is NO help for most of the Bonus chapter. I can't find a Blog Walkthrough anywhere on this site. Since I'm stuck, I guess I will never get to finish this game. BFG, you have failed this time.

posted in Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition on Jan 23, 14 3:31 PM
The guide is incomplete. It doesn't include most of the bonus chapter. So I'm stuck, have no idea what to do next and there's nothing in the strategy guide because I've gone beyond the point where it stops.

This needs to be fixed. I love the Awakening: games, but this is just a really bad oversight - enough so that I will not be recommending this game unless the Strategy Guide problems are fixed.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 18, 14 10:09 PM
In the decor section there are single white candles. For plants, you'll have to make do with the potted ones. And there are some really hideous sculptures. At some point the game will tell you to put paintings on the dining room wall.

You're right - there should be a china cabinet or buffet for this room, but there isn't. They don't even have any nice-looking tables. And if you play the 2-person home or the bachelor pad, you still have to buy FOUR chairs!

posted in Design This Home on Jan 18, 14 10:05 PM
Have you built the bathroom yet? For some bizarre reason I got a baby crawling around the bathroom as soon as I built that - and that was before building the baby's room (I got another baby when I did that).

posted in Design This Home on Jan 16, 14 1:25 AM
I don't actually care much where I put the furniture. All the game cares about is the number of stars the furniture is worth and which room it goes in. Nothing else has to make sense.

None of my other residents walked right through an exterior wall and off the screen. That's why I think this game is still buggy.

This game runs too slow.

I only found 7.

What are you trying to climb?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 9, 14 11:44 AM
I have no idea how this game works, found it boring, and will be uninstalling it.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 8, 14 4:21 PM
It would be nice to have a wider choice of some things. I think I've got the same piece of art in four different rooms (honestly, who puts fancy paintings in a bathroom?).

posted in Design This Home on Jan 8, 14 10:05 AM
Every so often, you level up enough to be allowed to add a room - if you have enough money. After you pay, it takes hours for the room to be built (naturally you can speed that up by spending precious coins).

Babies are weird. I got one crawling around the bathroom long before I built the baby's bedroom. Then after I built that room I got another baby. At least this one tends to stay in his own room. The first one just keeps crawling around the bathroom. There doesn't seem to be a way to get rid of excess people.

No, babies don't grow up. Nobody in this game does anything normal. One of the residents in my second house walked right through a wall, across the lawn, and off the screen.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 8, 14 9:06 AM
They're just bizarre.

First of all, they do nothing but pace. Endlessly. Even the babies. I've had a baby crawling around the bathroom for ages before I even built a room for the baby. And when I did that, up popped another baby. I've got 3 adults, 1 kid, and 2 babies in a house meant for 2 adults and 2 children. It's a good thing none of them sleep, because two of them have nowhere to do it.

And now, I've just recently built my second house. No residents popped up with the first room - the bedroom - but now that the kitchen has been added on, along came somebody. I hadn't realized the bookshelf in the bedroom would block the doorway to the kitchen, but that was no problem to this guy. Apparently the bookshelf is floating in midair, so he walked right underneath it.

And then... he walked right through the outside wall of the house, and kept on walking, across the lawn and off the screen. I guess he didn't like the furniture and color scheme I chose for the bedroom!

This game is clearly still buggy and in need of a major overhaul.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 7, 14 1:05 PM
Does it tell you to buy one? One thing I've learned is to not buy anything you're not told to buy. You don't get credit for having done it if you happen to choose exactly the thing you're told to buy at a later time.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 7, 14 12:58 PM
Look in the lower right-hand corner. There will be a picture of a house. Click on that, then on the "market" square. You will see a graphic that lists the different kinds of houses you can buy - how many rooms they have, what sort of family/group they're for (ie. I just bought the one for "couples" because I'm tired of looking at babies crawling all over my first house).

You'll get a "housewarming gift" of 3 coins.

(of course you can only buy a 2nd house if you have enough money)

posted in Design This Home on Jan 6, 14 8:13 AM
Thanks for warning in advance. I'm on level 23 and haven't gotten to the point of building a second house yet.

I made a decision: Having bought some coins, I didn't go over the amount I'd normally pay for a game here. Once those are gone, so is my playing this game. Unless, of course, it gets fixed to take all these reported bugs and frustrations into consideration.

I was just told to completely redo a room with "better" furniture AND build a room. Well, the room will be ready in about 6 hours, and I thought that since I had a couple of brats crawling around, I'd give them a couple of high chairs.

Guess what. Babies in this game do not use high chairs. They apparently sit on adult chairs. But again, since nobody in this game ever eats, sits, sleeps, or does anything normal humans do, it doesn't really matter.

posted in Christmas Adventure: Candy Storm on Jan 5, 14 7:43 PM
This game, while cute, was too short and has little or no replayability. The item lists are the same. Not worth the money.

posted in Christmas Adventure: Candy Storm on Jan 5, 14 7:39 PM
The clay is in the beaver pond.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator