Posts created by moosish2

posted in Clutter VI: Leigh's Story on Mar 28, 17 11:45 AM
Hi! I LOVE the Clutter games, but for this one, I can't figure out how to minimize it for when I need to do other things. So far, I have had to bring up my computer's process manager to do it, but I shouldn't have to do that! I'd appreciate any help!

posted in Alice: Behind the Mirror on Oct 29, 15 2:35 AM
Hi, all. I read all the other messages in the forum about the teapot, and learned that the teapot is supposed to be found in a Hidden Object Game in the room we enter through the repaired looking glass, but that HO game is NOT showing up on my computer! This thing is driving me batty! Perhaps you can tell me at least the spot in the drawing room where the Hidden Object eyeball is supposed to be showing up??? Thanks so much for any help!

posted in Alice's Magical Mahjong on Oct 3, 15 4:44 AM
Sorry, folks. Please ignore my posted problem. The review button showed up when I refreshed my page; it was a browser error.

posted in Manor Memoirs on Oct 19, 14 12:58 AM
I just wanted to say that I loved this game, although the decoration choices weren't quite up to the standards of Gardenscapes Mansion. As always, I love the quality of the graphics and the hidden object scenes. I especially enjoyed having a kittycat this time instead of a dog. ;-)

I hope that this wonderful Russian team continues to make more games like this one and Gardenscapes. Their talents are simply awesome, and they give us lots and lots of "bang for our bucks." Thanks so much!

posted in Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show on Dec 4, 10 12:56 AM
Hi, puzzledone! Glad to know I have company! Actually, I came back tonight to add to what I had written previously because, as you mentioned, this game isn't quite as easy as I made it out to be. Yes, some of the puzzle varieties in this game are VERY challenging! I guess I still like even those because of the lack of time constraints and also the lack of penalties if I click too often.

Yes, the mildly twisted freeing-the-caged-people premise is fun, and the music often reminds me of something creepy, like the Alfred Hitchcock show - lol (doubtless, that's before everyone's time here.):-)

I was tempted to skip over (using those double arrow coins I won in the quickie bonus scenes) a couple of the more annoying puzzle types, such as the riddles and the focus ones, but I've been getting through them okay after all.

After I freed Grandpa tonight, I was disappointed because I thought the game was now over, but -- no! The Extended Play extras after the story part goes on and on, and I am very happy about that.

Do you have any other major favorites here? My all-time favorite is Mystery in London (The Search For Jack The Ripper), although that's really not a major part of it. Really, it's a tour of London, and it is soooo realistic!

It is truly astonishing the high level of entertainment that BFG gives us for such a low price!

TTFN!
moosish

posted in Millionaire Manor: The Hidden Object Show on Dec 3, 10 1:16 AM
What a lovely way to relax after having just finished 'Phantom Of The Opera' (Thank you, (game site removed by moderator). Without your walkthrough, I never could have made it through!) 'The Hidden Object Show' has no time constraints, no "hint" penalties or complicated plots involving maps and running around looking for hints in rooms 3 floors away. This is cute and fun and simply a nice hidden object game! I hope there will be sequels to this. It's exactly what I'm looking for when I just want to pleasantly pass the time!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 24, 10 10:44 PM
As much as I enjoyed playing the original Ravenhearst last week, RETURN to Ravenhearst is AWFUL. The constant running back and forth between locations is very tiresome, and the puzzles are horrible. They have no wit and whimsy the way the Ravenhearst puzzles had. I am truly hating this game, and don't know if I'll be able to get much further in it, despite the help I've been getting from the (game site removed by moderator) walkthrough. I am NOT happy! (However, I should add that the hidden object sections are lovely! Nicely creepy and fun to pore over.) But - oh, please! - stop making games that require us to run back and forth to revisit the same locations over and over again in order to find this or that object to solve this or that puzzle. At least with the original Ravenhearst, every puzzle was self-contained and didn't depend on other rooms. Okay - I'm done with my rant. For now.:-)

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 22, 10 10:36 PM
Great game! One of my new all-time favorites! I usually only like hidden object games and don't care much for puzzles, but the ones in Ravenhearst were actually fun! Here's a walkthrough-type guide if you get stuck (which I did about 3 times):

(link removed by moderator)

I hope you enjoy playing Ravenhearst as much as I did!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 9, 10 11:16 PM
Peggy_NC wrote:I finally figured it out... I was on the right track, and just didn't follow through with each clock. When you set the time correctly and press the red button, the hands of the matching clock will start whirling around and a picture will appear in one of the black boxes at the bottom of the screen. Do this for each clock (set the hands on the big clock and press the red button) and you will have 7 pictures in the black boxes at the bottom of the screen, and then you just have to figure out what to drag to match up with each picture. When you drag the right item, the picture will be replaced with a symbol. Look for what the symbols have in common to determine the corresponding number for each symbol.

THANK YOU, Peggy! You helped a lot with the clue about the clocks... For the next person who asked about what happens after you've matched up all the pairs at the bottom, here are some hints for the lock numbers: 5 (fingers), 3 (triangle), 6 (points on the star), etc. Once you pop in the right numbers in the same order as those bottom pics, you can open the door with the handle.

posted in Pathfinders: Lost at Sea on Sep 9, 10 2:14 AM
Someone said this is a short game, but it's not!

I liked this one a lot! The story was decent, and the hidden pictures were well-hidden just enough to make it fun. The settings were expertly crafted, interesting, exotic, and realistic.

I especially liked that each room was complete - they didn't send me back and forth to other rooms or areas to find clues. I HATE WHEN GAMES MAKE ME DO THAT!

Also, it gave the option of skipping puzzles you hated doing (or are too hard), and it also let HINTS be available in a short enough time so I didn't get overly frustrated.

Looks like there might be a sequel to this game. If so, I will definitely buy it!

My ONLY complaint - and this has happened with a couple other BFG games before - is that when I click incorrectly a few times (even in different spots), the arrow goes crazy and starts going into some kind of death spiral. It recovers fast within a few seconds, but that is SO annoying! I hope some bright game engineer can find a way to make that stop.

Otherwise, as I said, this was a good game, and I really enjoyed it! I'll definitely be on the lookout for the sequel!

posted in Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds on Jul 4, 10 10:04 AM
First off, the graphics are amazing! So realistic! It's like actually being in the different locales. That's my #1 requirement for a great game, and this one sure has it!

The plot is better than most, with just enough twists to make it interesting. The puzzles are just right, but there is still the (wonderful!) option to skip any that are driving you crazy.

The hidden objects are really fun to find in this one! They are the right size in proportion to the room, so everything is fair. No annoying size trickery!

No penalties for wild clicking.

The game isn't too short, making you wish it was longer, yet not too long, either.

I enjoyed this game 100% and I hope that Big Fish Games orders more from this very talented team!

posted in Masquerade Mysteries: The Case of the Copycat Curator on May 21, 10 5:10 AM
This game started out okay, but after a while, I found myself needing to check with the walkthrough WAY too much, which I consider to be a pain and not much fun. For that reason, I probably won't be buying any more of the "Masquerade Mysteries" again if there are any!

posted in Can You See What I See? on May 2, 10 2:29 AM
I bought this game years ago, when Big Fish Games was still charging a lot more for each game, and I never regretted it! I'm an adult (wayyyyy long time now - lol) and I don't find the game boring in any way. There are very few objects here that just show up fast when you're looking for them. The game requires patience! (And it also helps if you have a large monitor.) I would say that a young child would get very frustrated by this game because of the patience involved, so it's good for maybe bare minimum age 10 or so, up to 100.

(And I just posted my own review of the game, in which I stated that I like to re-play this game every few years.)

posted in Can You See What I See? on May 2, 10 2:21 AM
This is one of my all-time Big Fish favorites. I re-play it every few years. The objects in it seem absolutely as if you could just reach in and touch them! I actually recognize some of them from my (distant!) (lol) childhood! Just the right amount of hints are available, too, if you need them. The factoids between segments are very interesting, and the mini-games aren't too heavy-duty, either. Altogether, a pleasant way to pass the time (and recollect memories of some childhood toys, if you're old enough!)

(I highly recommend using a large monitor, if at all possible!)

posted in 1912: Titanic Mystery on Apr 22, 10 11:37 AM
As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as 'too many hidden object games" - lol. I love 'em!

posted in Hidden Mysteries: The Fateful Voyage - Titanic on Apr 22, 10 11:29 AM
I agree, I agree, I agree! HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE game! Confusing puzzles, stupid, non-relevant, and minimal hidden objects. I found myself playing the game minimized so that I could keep referring to the walkthrough I had open. I couldn't wait for it to end! "Titanic, please sink!" I kept wishing! I don't even feel like listing all the other things I hated about this game because there were so many! (I don't think there was even one thing that I liked about it!)

I still love Big Fish Games, though. I consider this one miserable game out of the many I've bought to be just an anomaly which is probably not going to be repeated.

posted in Venice Mystery on Apr 22, 10 11:22 AM
I wasn't thrilled with this game at first, but within a short time, I was HOOKED! I wound up playing the whole thing, then realized at the end that you could do "multiples" when clearing away of some of the designs, so I just HAD to play the whole thing over again the next day, to improve my time - lol. This time, I played the whole game in just a few hours, and loved it!

The second time, I also came up with a strategy for solving the "where does this spot go" pictures without needing to get penalized by losing my scores - yee-ha!

Beautiful tiles and animation. Definitely a fun (and addictive) game!

posted in Hidden Expedition: Titanic™ on Apr 22, 10 11:11 AM
I had the same problem, over and over again, so I finally gave up. Now I only choose games that also give us an 'untimed" option. If you're like me, you'll probably really enjoy playing these games more then!

posted in Rhianna Ford & The Da Vinci Letter on Apr 22, 10 11:06 AM
I've been writing reviews for an hour, so I'll keep this short.

I enjoyed this game so much! Very relaxing music, beautifully rendered hidden object scenes. Better storyline than most.

I've "gifted" it to a couple of friends.

AAA

posted in Mystery in London ™ on Apr 22, 10 11:02 AM
This is my all-time favorite BFG game so far! The graphics are so completely realistic that I felt like I really was in London, visiting some of those wonderful landmarks! I liked the fact that you could choose between a 360-degree smooth-scrolling view of the places by using the on-screen ball control, or see "fixed" views of each side of the rooms instead.

The story was negligible, but I hardly noticed, since I play these games to relax. I enjoy finding the hidden objects in beautifully rendered settings; storyline is secondary to me. Getting to see exotic, foreign "sights" is a wonderful added plus for me.

Without giving TOO much away, I will tell everyone who hasn't finished it yet that after you're completely done with the game, there is an amazing, super extra-special "gift" for you that you can come back to again and again. You'll feel like you're truly visiting London.

I rate this game A+++!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator