Posts created by Columbia999

posted in Night In The Opera on Jun 29, 12 3:17 PM
I hated this game and gave up after five minutes of the demo. Then I couldn't even uninstall it because the dialogue box was so huge, that I couldn't reach the Yes button to get rid of it. Grr!

posted in Shiver: Poltergeist on Apr 27, 12 5:34 AM
Seems like a good game from what I've seen, so may buy it to get another punch on my card. The one thing that always winds me up though, is the use of American voice actors who can't do an English accent to save their lives! The one in this game is particularly abysmal, especially when he says that he has to return to his "doodies", grrr!! If you're going to set a game in England, use English people for the voices!
Apart from that, not bad at all.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Black Isle on Apr 11, 12 3:55 PM
I just got the binoculars from the seaplane, and then the walkthrough said to go to the stony shore, and I can't work out where it is or how to get to it. I may have been playing too long and need a rest, but it's driving me bonkers. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Whoops, as soon as I posted this, I went back to the game and found it straight away, argh!

I had an email from another well known games site beginning with A, to say that they have the SE of this game, this was on February 25th. Why isn't it on BFG yet? I was looking forward to buying it but it's not even being mentioned yet.
Any idea when we will get it on here?

Same thing happened to me, the number 7 ball vanished and I can't get back onto the gazebo to get it again. Very annoying to have to start all over again!

As soon as I saw the opening scene to this one after starting the trial, I remembered playing the beta version. I hated it then, and my opinion hasn't changed. Can't even quite put my finger on what it is, but it just feels like the developers didn't really try to make it interesting.
Not for me, bring on the gruesome hospitals and twisted sisters in asylums!

posted in Haunted Manor: Queen of Death on Dec 23, 11 5:59 AM
Ooh great, I've been waiting for the SE to come out; shame I can't buy it till the first of January, because I've bought all the games for my punchcard reward this month!

posted in Jane Croft: The Baker Street Murder on Dec 23, 11 4:30 AM
I played for about five minutes before exiting and consigning it to the bin!

I've just played the demo, and despite saying I'm not buying any more CEs, I think I'm going to have to get this one, it's lovely!!!

I was so looking forward to playing this, but what a disappointment. After a promising opening, the game descended into endless morphing object finding scenes, which I found really boring.
I didn't like the way it made my mouse keep sticking and the cursor kept vanishing and reappearing on the opposite side. This one needs a drastic rethink, it's rubbish compared to the first two games, which I loved.

I won't even be buying the SE version when it's out, I didn't play for more than about fifteen minutes before logging out.

posted in F.A.C.E.S. on Nov 13, 11 4:02 PM
I can't move the newspaper to get the third elevator button either. Will there be any replies either from BFG or the developers to help us with any of these issues?

posted in The Return of Monte Cristo on Nov 10, 11 4:12 AM
I didn't like this game at all. It was just hidden object scene after hidden object screen and very boring; the objects were really hard to see as well.
Not for me, even as a DD

posted in Sherlock Holmes: The Mystery of the Persian Carpet on Oct 18, 11 5:15 AM
I played for about five minutes before logging out and uninstalling the game. I hated the way it makes you use hints with no choice in the matter, and it was just very boring.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Children's Plight on Sep 12, 11 8:07 AM
Not a bad game, but I think the download lasted longer than the actual game! I preferred the first Redemption Cemetery.

posted in Mystery Murders: Jack the Ripper on Sep 2, 11 4:39 PM
I have a huge interest in Jack the Ripper but couldn't stand this game! Rubbish accents, slow story and a load of nonsense with tarot cards and occult symbols. No thanks, give me a nice gruesome murder game any day without all this waffle!

posted in A Vampire Romance: Paris Stories on Jul 19, 11 7:44 AM
I tried this game for about ten minutes, but had lost the will to live after about five. Absolute dross!

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Notre Dame - Secrets of Paris on May 22, 11 9:01 AM
I enjoyed it but found it way too short!

posted in Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny on May 11, 11 2:12 PM
Cinder, could you please pm me the location of the other WT as well? This game is doing my brain in!!
Thank you!

posted in Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny on May 10, 11 12:54 PM
Aaaaaaaaaah now I see what I did wrong! I froze the sensor with no problems, but was trying to use the key on the four screws BEFORE cutting the blue wire. Durrrr!!!
Thanks anyway. Now back to trying to fit the bits of that stupid seed together...

posted in Art of Murder: Cards of Destiny on May 10, 11 9:13 AM
I'm really getting disheartened with this game now. I've blown myself up a million times trying to get the second cover off with the key. Every time I touch it, it blows up and I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. I have followed all the instructions and advice given by other posters, but still can't get the bomb defused.
Can anyone help before I end up deleting the game? Please!!!!!!!!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator