Posts created by sunidayz

Sorry , I had to be the one to be the only review that didn't care for this game. My laptop doesn't usually have issues lagging between scenes and slow scene changes and in this game , it did. Playing just the one hour demo, I felt like I didn't get very far and didn't get much accomplished for playing for an hour. It was a lot of going back and forth and too much stuff going on all at once. You needed objects , but you were stuck with the wrong ones and it took awhile to find the right ones - too much running around and getting nowhere. That's how I felt anyway. I wouldn't buy this . I don't remember if I have played the previous games in this collection, but I won't be going out of my way to find them. This is unusual for me. I usually post good reviews 9 times out of 10.

posted in Ghost: Elisa Cameron on Apr 10, 13 7:31 AM
I have to be one of the ones that disagree a bit here. I do agree it is more of an "old fashioned " hidden object game than an adventure game. But once in awhile , it's nice to play a relaxed , easy game that doesn't have you rushing around, wondering where to go next and having to go from here to there and back again. constantly. There were a lot of HOGs and the narrator's voice did get on my nerves . But I was considering getting it since I had more than a few free credits stacked up. But I was trying to find out how long it was first. If it was short, I wasn't wasting my credit. So after looking through the forum and noticing the comment on how short the game was changed my mind. I just played the demo and left it at that.

posted in Dark Strokes: Sins of the Fathers Collector's Edition on Mar 13, 12 11:14 AM
Excellent game, BF! This is one of the best games I've played in a long time. The graphics and music were very good. So was the gameplay. I didn't need to use the Strategy Guide at all while playing the demo. The HO's were fairly easy enough to find. The mini games were fairly easy too, but you had a quick skip button that popped up. There were a lot cut scenes some with voice overs (which were okay) , some without - a bit too many for my taste. But that was the only thing that turned me off the game. The rest of it was exciting with plenty of strategies to figure out.
I would rate this a 10 out of 10 (and I have only done that a few times before ). I will have to wait for the CE to buy, unfortunately because of $$, but I will buy it - definitely.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Black Isle Collector's Edition on Mar 1, 12 10:23 AM
Very good game to play on a snowy day. There were so many things to do, it kept you on your toes trying to remember what objects you had and and what you needed and for where. The graphics were very good and the music too. The HOS were fairly easy (there weren't that many) and the mini games weren't that bad either but you still had really quck filling skip and hint . I liked the map idea, but it was very generalized in area. And also, one thing I have rarely seen is no journal. e s Another challenge on the side was to collect all the owls in the game too as you went along.
Well, all in all , I would rate this a 9 out of 10 . I will have to wait for the SE version to buy it though.

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Feb 28, 12 8:50 AM
The first Scruffs game and this game were both different and cute. Both in a cartoon format, you had to finish chapters consisting of several screens with HO's , mini games and hidden clues . This one had a sleeping dog that woke up to help give you hints by barking and using signs (which I thought were funny) . I enjoyed myself playing the demo. Don't know if I would buy, but I would rate this game a 7 out of 10.

posted in The Surprising Adventures of Munchausen on Feb 24, 12 10:02 AM
This had a different spin as on the usual games . There was a little of everything thrown in with a few new minigames as well. The graphics were cartoons and the were funny voiceovers. It was cute. I would rate it a 7 out of 10.

posted in White Haven Mysteries on Feb 20, 12 2:33 AM
This game was okay. I was disappointed when the demo ended. The gameplay was fairly easy enough to follow. There were a lot of HOS's. Some of them were a bit more challenging than usual. I don't know if it was the graphics or what, now thinking back about it. (Might of been just me....) I can only remember a couple mini games in the demo that weren't too bad, but you had a fairly quick skip button if they were tough for you. I would rate this game a 7 out of 10.

posted in Film Fatale: Lights, Camera, Madness! on Feb 16, 12 2:39 AM
I enjoyed this game . It was a bit challenging, but that's what made it fun. I got stuck in one spot, but kept going back to find out what I missed and once I did, I was back on track. So even with no walkthrough or extra help , the extra challenge makes it more intriguing. The graphics are okay, at least they are very good in the HOS and minigames . The minigames were a little challenging , but you had a skip button that eventually popped up if you needed it. I don't know if it was my computer, but it seemed like the audio was muffled. (sounded like something was stuffed in a speaker) Was it me or was that the way the game was supposed to be like? It didn't actually bother me while I was playing though. So I would rate this a 8 out of 10.

posted in Amulet of Time: Shadow of la Rochelle on Feb 15, 12 2:38 AM
I enjoyed this game. It was kind of a relaxing game to play . It was great, if you like HOS's. There were plenty of them. The graphics were very good and the gameplay was fairly easy to follow along with. The mini games , which there weren't too many of in the demo, were fairly challenging . The music was done fairly well. It was just fun to play. I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

posted in Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition on Feb 14, 12 9:42 AM
This game was okay - just okay. The storyline was alright, but the gameplay,although it was fairly easy enough to follow, (like others had mentioned) there was a lot of coming and going all over the place from one end to the other. The graphics were fuzzy and darkish. The HOS were junkpiles (as others had noted) and some things were hard to make out because of the graphic quality. The mini games were fairly easy but took way too much time to finish if you wanted to, so thankfully there was a quick skip button that popped up. The music was fine . I liked the cat sounds myself - that was different. All in all, by the end of the demo hour I had a lot of objects in my inventory that I didn't get to use yet and a lot of objects that were still left to be found - keys, pieces to open doors, etc. I would rate this a 7 out of 10 .

posted in Sea Legends: Phantasmal Light on Feb 12, 12 2:32 AM
A pretty good game. I remember playing the CE Version, but somehow the CE version seemed a little bit more exciting, I don't know why. The SE version seemed a little more on the slower side. I don't know if there were any differences or not. But when I played the CE demo , I noted down to buy the SE version when it came out. Now I will have to think about it.
The graphics were pretty good and the music . I really don't remember much about the storyline. If you like HOS , there were plenty. Only a couple of minigames in the demo hour , if that. The gameplay was fairly easy enough to follow along with, but it seemed like I got nowhere in an hour. That was the only issue I had , I guess. Well, I guess I would have to rate this a 7 out of 10.

I enjoyed this game. There was a lot of running here and there , but the the rest of the game held your attention enough that it didn't really matter. The graphics were good. I had the sound down low not to wake up anyone (it's early here.) The gameplay was fairly easy enough to follow . The HOS were a little challenging as well as the mini games, but you had the hint and the skip buttons if you needed them. I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

posted in Time Dreamer: Temporal Betrayal on Feb 8, 12 6:14 AM
I agree with a couple of people who said this was an "odd" one.Definitely fits that description. It was a strange storyline and I found the the gameplay to be quite a bit of running around . The HOS (which there weren't too many of in the demo) weren't too bad and the same for the mini games. There was a lot of talking back and forth scenes but no voiceovers. I just found it a storyline that followed with some strange gameplay . I would rate this a 5 out of 10.

posted in Big City Adventure: London Story on Feb 7, 12 6:28 AM
It was different from what I first expected too from the other Big City Adventure Games. Still a little on the youngish side, but more of an adventure game not just an HOS. In fact, there weren't too many HOS as I would have expected. They also had a map where you could jump from scene to scene and walk thru built right in that would show you the next couple of steps. The graphics were good and the voiceovers and music were also very good. I would have to rate this an 8 out of 10.

posted in Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams on Feb 6, 12 2:36 AM
Not impressed by this game at all. The gameplay was easy enough. But I found the game boring after awhile. Then I got to the end of one section and it froze up on me . I got out and went back in to continue and it started all over from the beginning. The graphics were kind of cartoonish and the HOS were like junkpiles. The music was okay. I would rate this a 4 out of 10 .

posted in Bedtime Stories: The Lost Dreams on Feb 6, 12 2:29 AM
Same here . I finished the first chapter (I think it was anyway - it was after the show and she was sleeping ) and the game froze. I got out and went back in and it wouldn't let me continue. It wanted me to start from the beginning . Even when I clicked on continue. That's alright. Didn't like the game too much anyways!

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls on Feb 4, 12 2:24 AM
I remember playing the CE demo version of this game and really liking it noting it down as a good game to remember when it came out as a SE. (I'm getting old and have to write things down to remember , you see...lol)
Anyway, the SE demo didn't disappoint. The graphics were excellent and so was the gameplay. You had to make sure you found all the hidden coins in each room so you could put it on a self-made map which you could use to jump back and forth from scene to scene. The rest of the gameplay was fairly easy enough to follow . If you need a push in the right direction , you could always use the hint button. The HOS were fairly easy. The minigames a bit more challenging, but there was a quick skip button. I would have to rate it a definite 9 out of 10.

posted in Grim Tales: The Legacy on Feb 3, 12 8:30 AM
Loved the CE demo, so I was eagerly awaiting for the SE version to come out. Played the SE demo and was reminded again about what a great game this was. I didn't even realized there was a map until I read the posts here in the forum!!! I wish I had known, but I still didn't really miss it without knowing about it! lol
The graphics were excellent . The gameplay was easy enough to follow. There were several HOS that were fairly easy and the mini games weren't that bad either, although the minigames had quick skip buttons that you could use. There was a lot of running back and forth . (I don't know if the map was useful for that , but if you could move back and forth on the map, that would've helped big time!) I would rate this game a 9 out of 10 and plan on buying it as soon as I can.

This game was pretty good . I enjoyed playing the demo. The graphics were exquisite, I would have to say that. The HOS were a bit challenging and the minigames as well, but you had the quick skip button for the minigames. There was a map where you could use to jump from scene to scene , so that was helpful. Also, I got stuck on what to do a couple of times in the gameplay, but the hint button was useful for that. I would have to rate this a 9 out of 10. It's a CE, so I will have to wait for the SE to come out before buying, but I would recommend it.

posted in The Cross Formula on Feb 1, 12 2:38 AM
It is a different kind of game from what we are used to play here. It's like an "oldie but goodie" type, like an old fashioned type of game. But I really enjoyed playing the demo. I was disappointed when it came to an end. The gameplay was easy enough to follow . There were no HOS, just items here and there. The minigames were a little challenging , but there was a fairly quick skip button. The graphics were cartoons , but they were good enough. There were no voice overs. Just voice bubbles conversing here and there. It was an intriguing game. I would rate it an 8 out of 10.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator