Posts created by jellow10

posted in Glass Masquerade on Aug 1, 17 7:47 PM
I am thoroughly enjoying this game. I love everything about it: beautiful stained glass mosaics, ethereal background music and challenge. Initially, you might be tempted to think that each puzzle will be solved quickly, but as you progress through the countries, the challenge increases. Some of the puzzles rated as 5 are very challenging.

For me, the point of a game like this is not "completing" or "winning." The pleasure here is the joy of working out the puzzle and seeing the beautiful stained glass creation unfold before your eyes. Even at only 25 puzzles, I do not regret buying this game. I usually only play 1 or 2 at a time because I want to savor each one. I sure hope there will be a sequel to this game with more beautiful stained glass mosaics. And, please, if there is a sequel, DON'T do anything to the game to "jazz" it up; in my mind, it is perfect just the way it is!!

posted in Fantasy Mosaics 6: Into the Unknown on Feb 5, 15 6:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear from Andy the programmer about the problems in endless mode. That's one of my favorite aspects of the game. I have Fantasy Mosaics 4 & 5 and endless mode works perfectly in those two.

posted in Claws & Feathers on Sep 19, 14 3:03 PM
I can't figure out ANY move to get started. What am I missing?

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch on Mar 25, 13 6:55 AM
I'm always scared off by "large file" games. How large is large?
I have 2 ND games but neither is categorized as large file. Is this game considered to be large file?

posted in Yeti Quest: Crazy Penguins on Feb 25, 13 5:24 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Mushroom Age on Feb 4, 13 7:46 AM
Grab it! It's a hoot!! Well worth the price.

posted in Jigsaws Galore on Jan 22, 13 7:40 AM
This is an AWESOME game and a steal as a DD!! I've played many of the included puzzles but then decided to try incorporating my own pictures. It was a piece of cake. I found a website with scenic pictures and I make puzzles out of them. And I can customize as much as I want. If you like doing puzzles, please try this game. I don't see how you can resist it.

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Dec 13, 12 7:24 AM
This is a great game to pick up as a DD. I'm not sorry I got it at full price when it first came out. The scenes are very colorful and very "Old West" looking. Some of the objects are challenging to find, hidden in plain sight. Shooting the bandits is just silly fun. I've played it twice and seeing it appear as a DD makes me want to play it again. Well worth a trial at least.

posted in Mystery Legends: Sleepy Hollow on Dec 2, 12 12:10 PM
I don't know why I like this game but I do. I don't even look at straight HOGs anymore, but I'm really thinking about getting this one........again (because I think I have it on an older laptop from a different company and I'm not sure I could still play it). A DD and a double punch weekend--works for me.

ETA: It seems to me when I played this game before the only choice was timed and now you can choose relaxed. So I exited and went back to the game with a new profile to try it in the timed version and --guess what? -- most of the objects on the search list were new! So this game has a lot of replayability.....another point in its favor.

posted in Peggle Nights on Sep 25, 12 9:34 PM
I just had to jump in and comment even though I'm so late and for some fishies the DD has already expired. I usually don't go for this type of game but I decided to give it a try since it was such a small download.

What a blast!! I not only had fun playing but I found myself laughing out loud as the ball was bouncing and crazy things were happening. It really is addictive! I bought it as soon as my demo was over and I will keep it on my computer to play whenever I need a few laughs. So far I haven't been frustrated and I hope it stays that way, but even if I never finish the game I'm having fun with it.

posted in Caribbean Hideaway on Jul 27, 12 8:32 PM
Is it actually possible for game developers to go back to a game such as this one and add an untimed option? I just finished my demo hour and have to say I was having fun but I think I was only on the first level. At least I'd only built 3 buildings and bought a cannonball. I loved the sound effects, the music and the story. Squawky cracked me up! But I just barely finished my last level when the demo ended and I'm afraid to buy the game because I won't be able to get very far. I love playing M3 games, and what I like to do is play the game first in untimed mode and then go back and play timed (if I liked the game enough). I'd probably get this game if there were an untimed option.

posted in Old Clockmaker's Riddle on Jul 15, 12 9:25 AM
I don't think I'll be buying this game. I don't think I really understand what's going on. I get the basic M3 gameplay--getting rid of ice blocks, metal tiles, etc., but sometimes I'll finish a level and then get "Let's continue" and another board opens up. Other times I get to go back to the shop to buy power-ups. And what brings up the "madness" element? I can't see any connection between making 4 and 6 gem matches and earning lightning and bombs. Maybe I'm having a "senior day" instead of just a senior moment.

The thing is there are characteristics of this game I really like. The graphics really appeal to me, and I like the sinister villain lurking on the streets of the town. The music really fits the theme, too. The tiles on the boards are very easy to distinguish, but the sameness of the boards gets repetitive and boring. I think I made it through 5 buildings but nothing much changed during that time. Maybe I'll try this again on my old laptop and see if it clicks better on another day. I really do like a good M3.

posted in Howlville: The Dark Past on Jul 14, 12 9:09 PM
Wellllll.....I played the full demo and just got into the guest house. I didn't find this game fun at all. Way too many HOS, one right after another. And most of them I couldn't finish without at least one hint if not more. I don't mind a challenge, but I have to be having fun at the same time. Oh, well, different strokes for different folks. I can see I'm in the minority.

posted in Final Cut: Death on the Silver Screen on Jul 13, 12 8:03 PM
I just finished the game and feel compelled to say that it has to be one of my all-time favorite games. The map was brilliant and extremely helpful, as was the journal. The voice-overs were great. I thought some of the puzzles were a bit repetitive, but not enough that it would keep me from recommending this game. The periodic movie scenes added a lot to the story and enjoyment. And for me, this was a very long game. No regrets about getting this one.

posted in Fierce Tales: The Dog's Heart Collector's Edition on Jun 28, 12 6:36 AM
I beta'd this game but didn't even finish the trial because I disliked the subject matter so much. When the survey asked if I were likely to buy the game, I said definitely not. I KNOW it's only a game but I don't want to spend my time on dark and/or occult themes. I guess now that I'm in my "golden years" I want my games to be more golden.

posted in Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Journey on Jun 1, 12 7:22 AM
I own both Trial of the Gods games. This game is fun and follows the story started in the first one, but I like the first game even better than this one. I've replayed Ariadne's Fate more than once, but I only played Ariadne's Journey once. I love the way Theseus is drawn as this big muscle-bound hero, and it's funny to watch him bumble his way through the trials on his journey to rescue Ariadne. Maybe because the games changes their focus from Theseus to Ariadne is what makes the difference to me, but if you like M3 be sure you try both games.

posted in Mermaid Adventures: The Magic Pearl on May 21, 12 8:56 AM
I usually like M3 games but I found this game just to be confusing and frustrating. Chaining is not my favorite but I tried the game for 30 minutes and it won't be on my "to buy" list. I couldn't find any logic at all in how the tiles moved. In some M3 games you can plan your moves to create opportunities, but in the time I played I never was able to see any kind of pattern. Gold coins would fall to the ocean floor when I matched them but that didn't seem to gain anything for me either. Suddenly a bomb or lightning would be appear, but I don't know what I did to earn it. I played one hidden object game and thought that was a nice touch until I realized how impossibly difficult it was to find some of the items. I used the hint more in that one scene than I do in some entire HOGs. I guess I'll just be going back to Fishdom2 which never fails to entertain me.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on May 1, 12 11:02 AM
I just downloaded the game today, and the beginning started just fine. I was able to set the options, picked up the first item, solved the first puzzle (and I was using the tutorial), but then the tutorial said to click the arrow to move through the gates and the game froze. I closed it using task manager 3 times but the same thing happened. I am now going to uninstall it. I have lots of other games to play and don't want to be bothered with one that is so persnickety.

posted in Antique Mysteries: Secrets of Howard's Mansion on Apr 23, 12 9:41 AM
I think I'm going to buy this game. I stopped playing with 14 minutes left in the demo. After reading a number of negative comments, I had my doubts, but I'm glad I decided to forge ahead. Yes, there are some small objects to find, but many are just cleverly hidden without being a junk pile. Kudos to the devs for that. I also like the quirky nature of this game; it certainly isn't a cookie cutter like so many offerings. I've already had to refer to the walkthrough but I'm okay with that as long as it isn't constant. I don't mind trying to puzzle things out a bit; I just don't like to be totally frustrated. Then it's not fun. And there definitely are some different puzzles in this game. I loved the one where you had to connect the nodes with straight or diagonal lines. I didn't solve it but I enjoyed trying. I would have kept at it but I didn't want to use all my demo time. This game has a lot going for it and I'm going to support the devs by clicking the "buy it" button.

posted in Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ on Apr 21, 12 8:29 PM
I just finished the demo in 57 minutes, and after checking the walkthrough, I calculate I only have about 1 hour and 10 minutes left to play. If this game were a bit more challenging maybe I would consider buying it even with so little time remaining, but I found it to be extremely easy and quite repetitive......granted I was playing in regular mode. But I usually play games in the easiest mode and don't often find them to be quite this easy. I went back to check my purchase history because I thought I remembered Alice in Wonderland and, sure enough, I have played that game and don't remember it being this easy or this short. I know I enjoyed it. So, to make a long story short, I guess I won't be buying this one. But if they release another Fiction Fixer, I will definitely try it.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator