Posts created by KatzHome

We can't figure out which tree to send the ermine up... I only see the NOTE in the tree on the left hand side of the screen ~ where is the needle and thread?

I'm blind right along with you... I can't find it either, I came here hoping someone could tell me where it is...

Happy New Year, by the way

posted in Adore Puzzle on Dec 30, 12 12:50 AM
P.S. I apologize for my extremely harsh review of the game... I know the game designers worked very hard making it and the game did play through flawlessly.

I bought the game because I like having a few games on my computer to relax with ~ this one started out with soothing music, square swapping to make beautiful pictures. A lovely game.

Unfortunately, after playing two of the "challenge" screens I wound up with a terrible headache, so bad that I actually felt sick ~ and I was really, really angry that a game could have this much of a harmful effect on me. I've been playing computer games for about 30 years and nothing like this has ever happened before.

I understand the game designers wanting to add a challenge to their game, I guess they thought it was too easy... But I don't think people buy this type of game to be challenged, I think this type of game is played to just relax. The biggest challenge should have been simply a greater number of squares and more intricate pictures.

So please, I'm asking the game designers to seriously consider revising the "Puzzle" half of the game for the last three Country Pictures to be similar to the "Puzzles" before this "Challenge Level." Please do something else to make this level more difficult because a game should not make anyone physically ill.

Thank you.

posted in Witch Hunters: Stolen Beauty on Dec 29, 12 9:11 PM
This is a very helpful thread, both for me and for you guys, BigFish!

I downloaded and just finished playing the hour demo SE ~ and REALLY enjoyed this hour! I wanted to check the reviews before I bought the game, even if it is on sale for $4.99 ~ and after reading the first page, I decided to buy the Collectors Edition instead, even though it's not on sale... I want to play the last chapter ~ it sounds cool like it's really good!

One thing ~ in the hour that I played, I haven't found any "Special Abilities" and did see little circles by my pointer that I wondered what they were... learned about them on the first page of this thread...

So, I'm going to download and replay the game, hoping to find those Special Abilities... The game thus far has been so enjoyable that I don't mind playing what I've already played all over again!

I so very much highly recommend this game ~ it's not too easy, it's not too hard ~ for me, it's just right!

posted in Adore Puzzle on Dec 28, 12 5:19 PM
Forgot to mention that, while in the game you can't switch from full screen to windowed play ~ it was like torture that you couldn't leave, because if you quit the game, you had to start the country all over again ~ and from Greece on, PLAYING WAS TORTURE ~ I quit with a head ache and won't be finishing the game.

posted in Adore Puzzle on Dec 28, 12 5:16 PM
I wound up buying this game anyway ~ and boy, was that ever a big mistake!

posted in Adore Puzzle on Dec 28, 12 5:14 PM
I took photos of what was offered as a puzzle to put together ~ I took a photo of what I was supposed to be putting together, and what I had to put together ~ and the picture didn't look like a beautiful photo until I plugged through an hour of piecing together a piece of garbage.

I don't know of a way of posting photos on this board, and I forget the code... so you'll have to take my word for it ~ it's worth the hour FREE PLAY but NOT WORTH BUYING ~ NOT EVEN FOR A FREE COUPON, NOT EVEN FOR .50¢

posted in Adore Puzzle on Dec 28, 12 5:06 PM
THIS IS THE ***WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED***

I didn't play the slider puzzles ~ I played the other ~ nice and relaxing, pretty pictures, but after Greece that all changed to junky, ***ZERO*** logic pictures that had to be placed piece by tedious piece into each and every moveable spot until you just happened to pick the correct box.

GARBAGE GAME ~ I'm seriously considering getting my money back after the weekend.

posted in Adore Puzzle on Dec 28, 12 5:00 PM
WARNING: Last 3 'Challenge Level' Puzzles SENSELESSLY HARD

I started out liking this game, because I like putting puzzles together, but from Greece on, this is the **WORST GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED** bar none.

You do have a choice of playing a straight up "switch the pieces to make a picture" or a slider puzzle. I chose the former because I don't like slider puzzles.

The game was nice and relaxing from the beginning, but from Greece on, the picture you had to put together was no longer a scene from the country, but a miss-mash of nothing ~ some black, some white, the few blocks that had pictures on them, that didn't matter, because pieces of the picture didn't necessarily fit together,for example, a clock face ~ half the clock in the right upper corner of the screen and the other half on the bottom left. The finished picture was just as scrambled looking as the scrambled puzzle pieces. You could barely make out the edges of the picture for help, but the rest, there was no logic to where the squares belonged, so you were reduced to MOVING EACH BOX, ONE BY ONE, ROW BY ROW, UNTIL BY CHANCE YOU HIT THE PLACE THE PIECE BELONGED.

And you could only pause the game, you couldn't quit and come back because then the game would reset and start over from the very beginning.

I AM BEGGING THE GAME DESIGNERS TO CHANGE THE "CHALLENGE LEVELS" OF THE LAST 3 "PUZZLE" SCREENS

AND I DO NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE PLAYING MORE THAN ONE OF THESE LEVELS AT A TIME ~ PLAYING TWO AND THE BEGINNING OF THE THIRD GAVE ME A TERRIBLE HEAD ACHE THAT MADE ME QUITE ILL.

posted in Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition on Dec 22, 12 3:38 AM
GREAT Game ~ love the graphics, voice-overs are fantastic! Sound and music in he game go with the story...

And the story makes sense! Puzzle to puzzle, you know where to go next... No map is needed ~ you want to ride the Gondola ~ your tasks lead you to being able to do that...

I'm really glad that I bought this game ~ I'm really enjoying it!

posted in Adore Puzzle on Dec 10, 12 10:58 AM
Oh geez ~ that's not many puzzles... I'm really, really enjoying these puzzles ~ but I'd like more like 136 of them to play... I got 6 puzzles done in a half an hour.... that only leaves me with 2 and a half hours more game play... and I hate slider puzzles ~ always hated them, even when I was a kid and we had those little plastic, hand held, slider puzzles to play....

posted in Farmscapes on Dec 9, 12 7:57 AM
What a delightful game! Grandpa and the little boy are so cute ~ and they say such funny things... I like the routine when they're trying to get ya to push the START button...

I like the little Hidden Object game in the shed... I'm looking for another one... hopefully there will be one in the house ~ I'd like to take a look around inside.... I like fixing the place up ~ so far I bought garden plots, a new spring and was talking with Grandpa about a new fence when a neighbor came in to ask for our help ~ all of her crops were ruined...

Would have gone back to the 'Market' anyway because, so far on my first two purchases, I picked the most expensive item from the list of three ~ so I do have to sell a lot of crops... and the customer's comments are cute too...

I'm glad you can play this game without a timer ~ that way I can play the MATCH 3 part of the game as long, or as little, as I want...

The whole game is very relaxing ~ I like it ~ I just got home from doing a show, that went great, last night at around 11:30 and needed to wind down... when things go well it takes a while, you're so 'on' and 'up' from performing... it took a few hours, but this game helped me get to sleep last night ~ it's so relaxing...

I've only played the one hour so far ~ As soon as I'm done writing this I'm heading off to buy it...

Thanks guys for the cute little game!

BTW ~ when this game is done, I'm gonna see if Gardenscapes plays on this computer... never played it... was always more into the Hidden Object/Puzzle/Save Someone from Evil Story type games... but I'm beginning to appreciate sweet simplicity.

posted in Christmas Wonderland 2 on Dec 7, 12 5:37 AM
kdubs wrote:I bought the original last year. That game and this one are both just nice straight HOGs, nothing interactive, just pure Hidden Object fun.

I think the graphics are excellent and items IMO are fairly sized, nothing tiny. But the scenes are very very busy. Hints are gathered by finding the Candy Canes in each scenes and there are usually at least 2 in each scene. Also find the Santa in each scene.

The goal is to collect items to complete a Nativity Scene. The items are listed in some HOG scenes, so no stress trying to spot what those items might be in amongst all the objects scattered about in each scene. You can see how that's progressing in the dropdown bar.

The music is upbeat, traditional Christmas music but with a bouncy flair. The music in Scene 7 really had me smiling.

There are mini-games after every HOscene, with skip buttons if you don't care for the game. They are easy inbetweeners -- so far I've seen a jigsaw, memory matching, rotate pieces to complete a picture, Spot the Difference, and put the reindeers in their correct spots.

One thing in options that might appeal to some, you can choose whether to turn off the string of flashing Christmas lights around the border of each HOG scene. I personally enjoy those little blinking lights, but what a great option to offer. I tested one scene without those lights and it seemed to make it a little less busy, but I missed them, so back on they went.

I'm going to add this cheerful little game to my seasonal game collection.

Which one is scene 7?

posted in Christmas Wonderland 2 on Dec 7, 12 5:33 AM
NEVERMIND.... I feel like a jerk... put the toys in the circles under the pictures ~ that how you match them up... I was kinda falling asleep when playing... I posted this question at around 5 o'clock in the morning... and had only slept a couple of hours... now I'm going to play a bit more ~ and it looks like I'm going to spend the day sleeping... which is good ~ I'm in a Christmas Show tonight and will be up late again...
Merry Christmas everyone!

How do I match the toys in Santa's sack to the Wish List Drawings at the top of the page?

I found the toys, I could move them... I tried putting the toys on top of the drawings and they just went back into the sack...

And they had to be the right toys... there is a drawing of a horse and a horse in the sack... I don't think I was wrong in the toys I picked out...

What do I have to do to make a match?

posted in Christmas Wonderland 2 on Dec 7, 12 4:31 AM
This game is delightful! The one hour trial was gone in a twinkle of an eye... so I bought it!

I that there are Nativity Scene items to find in this game ~ Jesus' wonderful birth is truly the Reason for the Season ~ and it's done so well ~ mixed in with finding Santa Claus dolls (Saint Nicholas, whose Feast Day we celebrated yesterday, December 6th) and Candy Canes, which I love now, but was never really was a big fan of, until I saw this sweet little poem:

Look at the Candy Cane
What do you see?
Stripes that are red
Like the blood shed for me
White is for my Savior
Who’s sinless and pure!
“J” is for Jesus My Lord, that’s for sure!
Turn it around
And a staff you will see
Jesus my shepherd
Was born for Me!

I am just so very much enjoying the pure sweet simplicity of this Christmas Game ~ it is really so nice to come away from a game with lightness in your heart and a smile on your face ~ my thanks to the developers!

My suggestion to folks playing this game ~ search for the Santa Dolls and Candy Canes first ~ then work on finding the hidden objects from the list. I've only played an hour, but I think/hope all the Nativity Scene items will be in the Hidden Object List.

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Dec 3, 12 10:41 PM
Yeah, I was kinda taken aback by the ending too...

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Dec 3, 12 10:38 PM
This is a *spoiler* I think, so I'm gonna write what I saw was the ending in a color that is hard to be seen... I don't quite understand the ending...

It looked to me as if the good doctor was arrested at the end ~ and I don't know what happened to the 'evil' twin, who did all that bad stuff ~ to revenge his little sister's death...

Like I said ~ I don't quite *get* the ending...

Only once the game froze up on me ~ couldn't go anywhere, the hint button didn't work... so I quit the game, came back in, and the game worked right from there on... oh yeah, in another place, in one of the puzzles, the skip button didn't work ~ I just didn't feel like playing that puzzle ~ I don't remember if I tried the skip button again ~ but I got through that part by looking at the walkthrough and saw what the correct order to push the buttons was, did it ~ and continued on with the game.

posted in Mountain Crime: Requital on Dec 3, 12 1:32 PM
I wound up buying this instantly ~ I don't even think I tried the demo version first...

Game's working great for me!

And I'm really loving the fairly new type of HOGs in the game ~ I've been getting really tired of the regular HOGs... I'm really enjoying the "find the items in the circle" that's in this game!

I like the way it goes full screen ~ and I'm playing on a Mac OS 10.8 with a retina screen... and glad that I don't have to play a 'windowed' game.

posted in Christmas Stories: Nutcracker Collector's Edition on Dec 1, 12 4:17 PM
I'm running Mac OS 10.8 ~ I bought the game because I'm feeling a lot like Christmas... and I figured if it didn't work that I'd just get my two game credits back... so far, so good ~ I quit the game and went back into it ~ and it took me right back to where I was ~ I hope I can play it through to the end... at first glitch I'm going to ask for the two credits back though because I see that so many people have been having technical issues with this game.

It's a cute story...

posted in Dark Arcana: The Carnival on Dec 1, 12 5:01 AM
Thanks for this great thread ~ I'm going to try the other games by this developer ~

anyone care to post favorites....

are the other games as good as this one?

And I'm getting a big tug on the "retake a "Director" class" once again after playing this game... I think a lot of games are made in Director... I think it's time to hit the "green envelope" and ask...

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator