Posts created by Margaret4

posted in Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™ on Dec 2, 07 11:52 AM
About the ending ... I wonder if the game software "knows" whether the computer it's running on also has Ravenhurst, and if it doesn't, do you get a different ending?

I've just completed my first game of Madame Fate; I loved the tie-in with Ravenhurst at the end.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Madame Fate™ on Dec 2, 07 11:49 AM
I was a "skeptic," too. I would play the games online, but didn't expect to buy any. But, like krissywillow, I decided to buy Ravenhurst when it went on sale for ninety-nine cents. I figured that was a good enough deal that I couldn't lose! I loved finding the hidden objects and solving the door puzzles ... and hated the jigsaw puzzles.

I still hesitated to buy more games, but then when Madame Fate was discounted, I bought it. I figured I'd probably like it at least as much as I liked Ravenhurst. Wow, was I surprised. This one is so good that I will buy the 2nd edition of Ravenhurst as soon as it comes out!

Big Fish, you guys are great!

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 24, 07 6:40 PM
I hope Kathi or someone else will respond.

I posted the original question, and I think I see a fairly indistinct padlook next to the foot of the man on the stein. However, so far I haven't had a chance to check it--the padlocks haven't appeared in my list of things to find so I can't be sure.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 18, 07 6:43 PM
Here are two tips.

First, on the right, click on "Get Hint." A circle of stars will appear around the area where you'll find the hidden item. If you're really down to just ONE hidden item in the list for the room, you'll get a hint for that item. If you have several items in the list, you could get a hint for any one of them--including something you might have easily found. So don't waste your hints. Wait till you're down to things you really need help with.

Next, you're never really "stuck" in the dining room or any other room. Look again on the right, and find "Map" in a blue circle near the bottom. Click "Map," and you'll get to select a different room. You don't have to find every item in every list in order to move on.

Hope this helps.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 14, 07 7:04 PM
Let's see ... first you have to help the little fisherman catch a fish. Once the fish is caught, it flies into the "grinder" on top of the little slot machine. You have to grind the fish up, next ... you'll see how to do that. You may want to click on a few random items in the background, too ... but after all this is done, just click on the tic tac toe game on the chalkboard, and your "X" will appear.

Good luck.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 14, 07 6:53 PM
Wow, you're good! I don't think I'd have ever seen that.

Thanks, Kathi

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 10, 07 7:19 PM
This isn't about a door puzzle--just an object I can't find, and I'd love some help. Sometimes, in the game room, I'm asked to find TWO PADLOCKS. One is sitting on a blue "statue" on the pool table. I can't find the other one. I've resorted to using Hints, and the "circle of stars" centers on top of the German beer stein on the table on the left. I've clicked all over and around that beer stein ... and can't find a padlock. Can anyone help me find it?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 10, 07 7:11 PM
Well ... from one granny to another, "35" IS the clue. You don't have to do anything to that meter except notice that it keeps going up to 35. Now find something else that you can set to 35.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 4, 07 2:21 PM
Hope you still have your computer.
Order doesn't matter. Sort the items out by day/night, then flip the switches. If you've done that, then ... something's wrong.
Good luck.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 4, 07 2:16 PM
I'm so new at this I probably shouldn't answer ... but since it looks like no one else has replied, I'll try it.
When I downloaded MCF Ravenhearst AND the Strategy Guide, I ended up with two icons on my desktop. There's one with a raven on it, that starts the game. There's another one with the "Big Fish" on it, that starts the Strategy Guide. Clicking "Strategy Guide" on the startup page of the game does exactly what you described--takes you online to Big Fish as though you hadn't already downloaded the guide.
I may be doing something wrong, but I have to "Quit" the game if I want to access the Strategy Guide. This is something of a big pain! I must say, though, in reading questions from other players, the guide is worth owning.
Hope this was helpful.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 4, 07 2:04 PM
Go back to the cellar. There's a door there that you have to open, using the keys.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator