Posts created by Pooh_Bah

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Nov 12, 17 3:54 PM
I'm not sure what the developers are thinking, but for me the joy is gone. I enjoy a challenge and don't mind an occasional "impossible" level, but dammit, EVERY level is now next to impossible, and it takes more coins and resources to complete a level than you can earn back, resulting in a downhill slide until you are out of both, with no way to earn more. I've been here since the beginning and have enjoyed many challenging hours, but I'm not a masochist. I feel like I'm being punished. So I'm done.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Nov 8, 17 9:58 AM
I'm very patient, too, and have spent enjoyable hours/days just accumulating coins and boosts to continue on. But the law of diminishing returns eventually destroys even the most patient of us. And when it ceases to be enjoyable, it's time to quit.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Nov 6, 17 1:24 PM
Have played for a number of years and it used to be fun. But the recent worlds have become long, slow, boring slogs, the boards often so constipated that it takes days to finish a single level. No strategy possible, just mindless blocks to nearly every move. So that does it, I'm outa here. I made it to the 12th world, but I've lost interest.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jun 28, 17 11:44 AM
Yeah, it's become a slog and slogs ain't fun. I've been here since the beginning and am now about done with it.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jun 10, 17 7:41 AM
You may have finished, but I'm no longer finding this game any fun. Too many of the matches are impossible to finish without buying multiple boosts, and too often this must be done three times on a level in order to get a necessary piece to a key. Or whatever they're called. I've enjoyed playing so far, but am about ready to hang it up. I like being able to finesse a level, not bash it to death with bombs and hammers.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Mar 28, 17 10:19 AM
Is the Haunted Carnival the final world of this game?

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Dec 10, 16 1:14 PM
It seems for the past couple of weeks playing in the Arena more combinations are turning up making it possible to create lightning and bombs, with a better chance of defeating the monster. Is it just me, or has this been the case?

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Dec 10, 16 1:07 PM
OK, I completed the "New Event" and got the reward of two hours of infinite life. But there was nothing to use it on and the timer kept on going even though I exited the game, hoping to use it in the arena the next morning. So, this morning there were no infinite lives left. Total waste of time and resources.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Sep 23, 16 2:33 PM
This damn game is addictive. I collect as many coins and boosts as I can while waiting for the next level. I refuse to spend any in the finished level. I have tens of thousands of useless fireflies. Oh, well, it's harmless fun.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 16, 16 11:30 AM
Thanks. I hadn't realized you could smash the bottles.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 15, 16 9:53 PM
OK, I give up. The blue bottle does not fill up, no matter how many blue fireflies I match. The four isolated corner tiles seem to be broken only by filling the bottles. So, what is the trick with the blue bottle?

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 4, 16 2:09 PM
My high score is over 700,000. Who is willing to top that?

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 4, 16 2:06 PM
Still building up my war chest, but any time now would be great.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 4, 16 2:03 PM
My philosophy , , , play until I use up all my lives, then take a break. Meanwhile go back to level 2 and collect more coins, sell extra resources for coins, and play Arena for coins, so that I can then buy powerups I need to beat difficult levels.

posted in Free the Witch on Jul 31, 16 2:11 PM
Oh, dear. Makes me reluctant to keep playing.

posted in Free the Witch on Jul 31, 16 2:07 PM
What are the jade tickets good for.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 22, 16 11:20 AM
Is there any way to see the highest points earned for a level and the total points earned so far in the game or any of the three islands? There are all those points, but no seeming purpose to them once you've earned enough to complete a specific level.

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Apr 22, 16 10:58 AM
I would have no problem having to purchase the later updates of this game. After the Troll's Castle, I was thoroughly hooked.

posted in League of Light: Dark Omens Collector's Edition on Jul 26, 13 11:00 AM
I played through to the end with no problems, but when playing a second time ran into a problem in Ch3, The Griffin, p. 17/68 in the walk thru, first HOP. I have placed the horn on the skull, but it will not release the tile. I'm using Windows 8. Any suggestions. Is there any way to start the HOP over from the beginning?

posted in Tearstone on Jun 7, 11 10:47 AM
This was a different type of HOG for me. The items were scattered throughout several scenes and often tricky to find. Some had to be made from other items. In several scenes I had no idea what I was trying to accomplish and had to go to the walkthrough for a hint. The hint button was virtually worthless (or maybe I've just gotten lazy and let myself rely too much on the hint button). But for the most part it was a thoroughly enjoyable few hours. I don't regret buying the game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator