Posts created by icemaidenq

posted in White Haven Mysteries Collector's Edition on Jan 8, 12 5:24 AM
I am unable to exit the Snow kitchen. There is no arrow to leave - only the eyeball - and the strategy guide is telling me I need to go to the wall panel by the holding cell to get the cleaner. I've tried to switch to custom cursor and then turn off. I tried closing and then restarting game. Maybe I'm missing something easy, but I don't think so....

posted in Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 11 3:41 AM
Yep - same here. I haven't had DL issues for a while now but I'm stuck at 37%. I guess it's ok - the one review out there said it was just an OK HOG game...maybe we are not missing anything!

posted in The Fall Trilogy Chapter 3: Revelation on Jun 24, 11 5:54 PM
Well this wasn't a favorite. Loved the first Fall Trilogy. This one was boring. The H0 scenes (if you could call them that) where you had to find 15, 20, 25 of one type of object was, IMHO, lame...especially because that's all there was! Scene after scene of find many of the same objects.

The guy (me ) started to really annoy me (can you annoy yourself? ). The first puzzle (piece together an object) was not my cup of tea for a puzzle - nothing fit very well and there was no rhyme or reason as to where the pieces fit...kind of boring. OTOH the graphics were good.

But, the game didn't grab me at all - stopped after 20 min. Obviously...no buy for me.

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 3:22 PM
OK - figures I'd get it after I posted.

You can't click the phone numbers fast - you need to have the sound up so you can hear the clicking/rotating of the dial...probably 2-3 seconds between each click of the numbers. THEN I got the ringing and the voice and now I can go left. Hope this helps some people!

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 3:18 PM
OK - figures I'd get it after I posted.

You can't click the phone numbers fast - you need to have the sound up so you can hear the clicking/rotating of the dial...probably 2-3 seconds between each click of the numbers. THEN I got the ringing and the voice and now I can go left. Hope this helps some people!

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 3:09 PM
I am re-posting this from the "parrot" thread:

I am also having difficulty with the parrot and the phone. I put him there, took the razor and then clicked the "speaker". I've tried and tried to click the numbers on the phone but they are showing red and making the "nope, don't click there cause it's wrong" noise.

Now, when I played the trial, I was able to click the phone numbers and make the phone dial. Now, I can't...So I'm stuck!

I've tried quitting and restarting the game to no avail. Gone all over to all the scenes again, nope. I did have to start the game over from the beginning after purchasing like everyone else.

What can I do? I'm going to re-post this in technical issues...Bummer.
LT

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 3:07 PM
I am also having difficulty with the parrot and the phone. I put him there, took the razor and then clicked the "speaker". I've tried and tried to click the numbers on the phone but they are showing red and making the "nope, don't click there cause it's wrong" noise.

Now, when I played the trial, I was able to click the phone numbers and make the phone dial. Now, I can't...So I'm stuck!

I've tried quitting and restarting the game to no avail. Gone all over to all the scenes again, nope. I did have to start the game over from the beginning after purchasing like everyone else.

What can I do? I'm going to re-post this in technical issues...Bummer.
LT

posted in Tearstone on May 30, 11 9:34 AM
Very interesting game - different! And that's not a bad thing. I love different. I'm a great fan of adventure, HOG, IHOG games and this is a combo of all. Was so engrossed with the game, that I was surprised my hour was so short. But it was a good thing because I was stuck - between the $%^& parrot and the gate that needed a card key and I had no coins left..boo...So, I popped off to purchase and wait for the walkthrough - surprise the walkthrough is already up! Cool!

I thought the graphics were very well done - lots of detail and very good drawing - kudos to the artist/s. The music blended into the background - didn't annoy. The puzzles were great - and I even found all the 10 differences in the "spot the diff" one! (although they were difficult to find) Usually I skip some puzzles during the trial period and I plugged through them all - fun!

I liked having to go from scene to scene to find stuff and not just to a junkpile screen to find many useless items only to get one usable one as in most HOG's - although I love those games also.

I needed the tutorial but it could have been shorter or maybe on a screen showing the icons and what they meant. That way people who don't like tutorials could just skip. Could have been a bit more story on the front end with the ability to click through (there was only the ability to skip all and I read faster than the story/dialogue changed-wanted to click to hurry it up).

The notebook could hold some more info - or maybe I just wanted a strategy guide built in!

Needless to say, I purchased.. Very nicely done, DragonsEye Studio. Keep em coming. The fishies will support you.

posted in The Tiny Bang Story on May 15, 11 7:42 AM
What a refreshing new type of game! I'm a lover of H0G/IH0G/adventure games. This was a unique combo of all these genres. You have to find objects to use, find all parts of objects to use and go from place to place to find them - plus puzzles galore! The graphics were very creative and nicely done - artwork was fabulous. You really had to use your brain matter for this one.

It took me the whole hour to get through a part of the second chapter, so I expect to be able to play for close to 5 hours (5 chapters).

The only things that they could have added was a little more instruction on what to do (took me a bit to figure out the arcade game with balloons), the ability to use the hints for the puzzles (skip ability) and to not have to collect so many fireflies to recharge (those little buggers were a PITA!),

All and all, great game! Let's hope there are more of these brought to BFG's.
LT

posted in Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Dynasty on Apr 17, 11 6:19 PM
OK - found the answer. There is a match right under the scale - very hard to see - along the shelf edge. You grab that and then put it on the incense.

posted in Amazing Adventures: The Forgotten Dynasty on Apr 17, 11 5:49 PM
I am stuck here also - I thought we had to drag the incense to the scale - but I can't click on anything. Frustrating! Anyone out there helpl?

posted in Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin on Apr 17, 11 10:24 AM
Played 5 min of the demo and deleted. The developers must think we don't have a lick of brains the way they showed EXACTLY what you needed to do and showed exactly the objects you needed (yes, I played in casual mode - didn't know it was actually brainless twit mode). I had no desire to try the expert mode as usually the difference is not a huge one.
Graphics were good, the scenes were very very deja vu - I know I've seen them in another game - can't pin point which one though. This game would be a good one for fishies new to the genre, but it is a definite no buy for me (not even with the sale going).
LT

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 26, 11 3:55 PM
Agreed. It was frustrating, but I like a challenge. Was determined not to skip! Now I'm stuck on the train....LMAO

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 26, 11 3:24 PM
OK, nevermind! I got it. Phew. Silly me was trying to only point the arrows up, down, left, right and not diagonally. the arrows should point to 4, 7, 11 and 1 (like on a clock).

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 26, 11 11:29 AM
For the life of me I can't open this puppy - and I have the clue with the Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venice with the arrows. Anyone able to help? The girl is starting to irritate me telling me it's wrong! Want to smack her (and her brother for that matter). LOL
Thanks in advance!

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 11 6:01 PM
Oh - this is what a Collector's Edition should be. Long intricate game. Beautiful graphics. Lots of interaction. Puzzles were not impossible and were very imaginative (thank god there were no sliders). I cannot wait for the next one. Definitely worth the Collector's Edition cost. Get this one - you won't be sorry!

posted in Reading the Dead on Feb 14, 11 2:39 PM
Well, I struggled through 15 min of this horrid game. Very small objects, terrible graphics - almost to the point of scribbles. Only good thing about it was the hint button recharged quickly - and I needed it a lot in the short time I played.

posted in Muse on Feb 7, 11 4:14 PM
I was VERY disappointed with this game. Not worth the download. Small items. Poor artwork. Seems as if it was developed by 6 year olds. I suggest you don't waste your time. Maybe tomorrow there will be a good game!

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jan 26, 11 6:35 PM
How IRRITATING! I really could have done without the incessant barraging from that guy.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Nov 6, 10 7:01 PM
I'm in the sandbox **** scene and I can't for the life of me find the mouse or the heart. I try the hint and it circles the bear - and I see nothing. I've clicked myself silly. Anyone able to post a pic of it or describe exactly where they are? I've tried searching for a walkthrough with pics of circled items but...no.. :-( Please help..I don't want to restart or not be able to finish game.

Nevermind! YouTube has walkthroughs and I found where the heart was...it was on the Bear, right by the left armpit...gawd. The mouse was on the ladder at the top center of screen.

Happy gaming!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator