Posts created by scippie

posted in Shrouded Tales: The Shadow Menace on Feb 26, 17 7:45 PM
Don't click on the levers, click where you want them to go.

posted in Lost Lands: The Golden Curse Collector's Edition on Jan 10, 16 11:13 PM
No, 2+ 2 x 2 does not equal 8. If you use standard order of operations, your equation is actually 2+(2x2), which equals 6.

posted in Save Halloween: City of Witches on Nov 4, 15 9:54 PM
Stars are based on points- the horizontal bar to the left of the game fills up as you make matches.
Wings are based on time- beat the best time to get wings.
Not completely sure about crowns, but I think you get a crown if you get 3 stars and wings on a level.

posted in Amulet of Dreams on Jul 29, 15 1:25 PM
solution:

line the bricks up in that column

posted in Lost Lands: The Four Horsemen Collector's Edition on Feb 12, 15 5:57 PM
ChocPeng: Sorry your explanation makes no sense to me. Suzanne is the name of the female character in the main game (you, the player). In the bonus game you play the dwarf, showing the events that happen before the dwarf and the female meet.

posted in Weird Park: The Final Show on Dec 9, 14 7:52 PM
As far as I can tell, only 1 person has claimed to have a different version of the game downloaded from this site. I think that person may be confused. Maybe they got a different version from a different site?

I got the standard game with bonus game but no candy canes or other extras. So did everyone else who has chimed in.

posted in Runaway Express Mystery on Sep 27, 14 6:19 PM
No beginning cut scenes for me.
I changed my profile name, did 3 different names, with different difficulty settings.

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition on May 26, 14 10:54 AM
something to do = gears

posted in Off the Record: The Italian Affair Collector's Edition on May 26, 14 10:53 AM
it's not the zoom filter that you need for this area. you need a different filter.

posted in Lost Souls: Timeless Fables Collector's Edition on May 25, 14 12:06 PM
I'm sure I'm much too late for the original poster who asked the question. Also, I just started the demo, so I don't know anything about the bonus game (Titanic book). However, the first person says that he's "running out of trial time", meaning he's obviously still in the first book and not in the bonus chapter.

[spoiler I guess, but not really because this is like the first 5 minutes of gameplay]

So all that being said, he's asking about the professor's papers and the safe at the very beginning of the game. These are actually 2 different things. The papers are on the shelf in the back corner- you have to move the things around to open the box to get the papers. The safe is a different thing-I forgot what was in it but it's not the papers. You get the code by getting the stencil from the wilted plant outside the door, and placing it on the numbers on the table.

But really, probably the most helpful answer is check the strategy guide. There's usually no need to ask these questions for a CE, unless the strategy guide is confusing or incomplete.

posted in The Secret Order: Masked Intent Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 13 11:35 PM
(continuation of prior post, with more review details)
So overall, I'm liking this game, though it's not my absolute favorite. I'll be honest- I would not have purchased it without the weekend sale, as I never buy full price CEs.

The game plays smoothly. There's no delay between screens. The graphics are in the "realistic" style, which is not my favorite, but they are clear and fit my widescreen without that horrible stretching artifact. The plot so far is ok- interesting enough that I'm actually following it and I want to keep playing to see what happens next. The H0s are ok- a few smaller items, a few dark areas in some scenes, but I didn't find myself having to guess wildly or click randomly to find the objects. There is a jump map which on easy mode shows you which areas still have things that can be done. I have not personally experienced any bugs, though I do see that there are already 2 pages in the technical problems thread. I think I've probably played 2 hours so far, so it's probably of decent length, though I can't say that for sure until I actually finish.

posted in The Secret Order: Masked Intent Collector's Edition on Mar 17, 13 11:02 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Feb 24, 13 6:02 PM
I played the game through just once, including the bonus game, and I was able to complete all three philanthropy screens, with a few flowers left over. Not sure exactly how many extra- more than 1 but less than 5.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator