Posts created by FragmentFour

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 10, 18 9:01 AM
Have to agree with the post above - the storyline is the BEST part of this game by far! That - and the current gruesome graphics in my game - make the whole round robin click and click worth the irritation of repeating.

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 8, 18 10:06 PM
Nope, not bored any more! Couldn't care less about the Castle Challenge thingy but I'm enjoying the change in scenery and the twisty millennial storyline. Hope the Spring update and functional Spring Rooms works the way the Christmas one did - that helped my game a lot!

posted in Midnight Castle on Feb 8, 18 1:45 PM

Oh, good heavens!

Okay, so I now know who the Mystery Maniac is... and the programmers gave me quite a jolt with the graphics that go into this! Great graphics was the main reason I started this game but they've outdone themselves this time - congrats and knock it off, please! Looking at crumbling floors doesn't bother me all that much but the poor bear... ooohhhhh, he looks like he's got to be in great pain!

Honestly, the progressive deterioration is a fantastic touch - and it sure is pushing me to put an end to it!

Nice plot twist, too. These folks are as dysfunctional as the rest of us! Sheesh!

And... weren't we supposed to be the heirs of the castle since the prior Duke took his family and ran away? Or did I misunderstand that in the opening?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 29, 18 2:45 AM
We've been missing the murder-bent city sibblings for a while. I think it's possible that they are connected to this Ghostly Messenger somehow. And then there's the Knight's father who has been suspiciously quiet...

OH - and since we know who the vampire's father is, I believe it's time to discover something about her mother.

Not to mention what sort of payback the witch is still going to have to face for that "with child" fiction piece.

Can't say I credit the developer's claim that we'll advance ANY farther if we're due for a Spring Event. The game claimed "next update" before we got the Christmas one. Fibs. All fibs.

But the whole thing is lots of fun.

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 29, 18 2:27 AM
Is there any sort of projected date for the start of the 2018 Spring Event?

And is anyone taking bets on whether the promised "next update" availability to continue the Messenger interview will come off when the Spring Event arrives?

posted in Midnight Castle on Jan 28, 18 1:11 AM
Anyone else out of content? I've been gathering Destiny keys for what seems like ages - have nearly a thousand. The Christmas Season brought a much-needed chance to load up on gold, and I made the most of it. But I'm ready for a conversation with that Messenger now and would like to move on. Anyone else feel the same?

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 24, 17 3:06 AM
I need new friends - my code is 457243 and I am Level 82 I believe.

posted in Midnight Castle on Dec 22, 17 5:53 PM
Okay, I'm currently stalled waiting for new content, so it's time to ask. What on earth are these Destiny Keys good for? I see where we can use them to open the chest/box, but to what end? There's no storyline quest I can ever remember calling for opening it more than once. However, I keep collecting them....

That's okay - I'll collect them. I just would lile to know what they're good for - if anything.

FragmentFour

OWL
 posted in Beyond the Legend: Mysteries of Olympus on Nov 27, 15 7:24 AM
I gave the owl his eyes. Then he sent out a series of colored symbols which mean absolutely nothing to me and go too fast to write down. Now... he sits there and so do I.

Not liking this situation at all!

posted in Midnight Castle on Mar 19, 15 4:22 PM
When using the airship, if I click on it when an Amber amphor (sorry, can't spell it) is one of the ingredients, my graphics and game lock. A restart of the game is needed to clear the problem. I do not have - and have never seen - this amphor - and can't find it in the list of items either. I am playing on a PC and this is the only technical glitch I've run across in 35 levels of gameplay.

Suggestion?

posted in Myths of Orion: Light from the North on Dec 12, 14 4:26 AM
I, too, would appreciate a walkthrough. There is - so far - one spot where the game hangs and no hint is available or inventory object usable. I can't get past this spot and have quit playing altogether. A walkthrough would at least let me know what - if anything - I need to have in inventory up to that point.

Yep, walkthroughs are good things to have. Always.

posted in Mysteries of Neverville: The Runestone of Light on Nov 26, 14 7:09 PM
Amen - and had I known that the gnome which is supposedly near the scarecrow is invisible, I wouldn't have bothered with it either.

posted in Relic Rescue on Aug 30, 14 7:46 PM
I'd vent about this maintenance disaster except it's a free game and worth about what it costs.

The graphics are jumbled, the instructions (which probably do not change) are garbled and fractured, and the whole thing is a waste of time. It was fun for a little bit. Half an hour or so. Then... pfffttt....

Getting rid of it.

posted in The Agency of Anomalies: Mystic Hospital on Aug 1, 12 5:23 PM
Okay, I give up. As far as I know I read all the walkthrough *(in the game) and can NOT locate the medal for the fire monster/victim. I've scoured all the scene, gone over everything... and come up empty.

Where on earth IS it?

posted in Mystery Case Files ®: 13th Skull ™ on Jul 6, 12 6:24 AM
This is becoming a very long game - in part because of all the HO scenes and in part because so many of those HO scenes are just plain gross. I do one, and get enough of that buzzing fly real quick. Time to switch games until I can put up with some more of same.

Love the story line - good, strong, and continual. The cajun references are trite but appropriate under the circumstances. But so much of the game is just... dirty. Mary's been working in that house for how long? And all those rooms are still being portrayed as covered in dust?

The little girl is VERY well done. But somebody needs to shoot that dog.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Family Secrets on Jul 4, 12 9:19 AM
Instead of simply placing the flowers on the mantle top, put them (in order) on the grill work just below the top.

That's what worked for me, anyway.

posted in Amerzone: Part 1 on Apr 16, 12 9:07 PM
This is actually the first segment of a legitimate adventure game - not a HOG in disguise. Clues are things the player unearths, and there is no hint button to give direction. It's a try-and-see affair start to finish, with no allowance for skip buttons. You either keep at it until you figure it out... or you don't figure it out. Simple, cut and dried.

That said, breaking the game up into three sections and trying to market them as chapters is not only a cheap shot, it's shortchange for the game quality. In one continuous piece, the game is good. Divided like a grapefruit half, it's just pointless.

There have been some great marketing ideas in the casual game business. This divide and serve times three is not one of them.

posted in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus on Oct 7, 11 10:48 PM
Sad... another good game with an available walk through and Big Fish blocks open access while not providing one of its own to its players.

Ah well... off to find the other site and buy the game there. Pffttt.....

posted in The Chronicles of Shakespeare: Romeo & Juliet on Oct 6, 11 6:10 PM
I'm a huge fan of click and proceed adventure games. Hidden object games, not so much. The artwork is great and I didn't have any technical problems with things not showing up or disappearing when I found them. But I did not appreciate the "can't take this yet" limitation at all. If the lady's name was changed slightly to prevent legal problems, I can understand it - somebody probably does have copyright on the Bard's works. If the alteration was an oversight, I'll gladly administer a beating to the culprit.

And since somebody early on mentioned the idea of having some enterprising game developer working up a McBeth... yeah! But it better be good - REALLY good. And if I click on something - it's MINE. None of this wait and come back messaging.

One MAJOR odd point in the game - why on earth is this first house (and probably all the others) falling apart and losing objects I have to hunt for??? THAT'S a big flaw - it simply makes no sense unless it's an excuse to drive playing - which is less than good game making. A lot less.

Eh - As of now, 15 minutes into the demo, I am not favorably impressed by the planning.

posted in In Search of the Lost Temple on Oct 6, 11 4:23 PM
Agreed. Too small and what's worse, the searching for objects gets in the way of the storyline instead of enhancing it. Not sure why game makers think they have to build **** games backwards with the story an excuse to hunt for junk - particularly when the hunted junk has no connection with the story. In order to get this girl off after a cure for her grandfather she has to spy out a bow in his bedroom? Please... nope, not good.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator