Posts created by allibee4d

posted in Botanica: Earthbound on Feb 8, 14 4:14 PM
Just finished playing the two Botanica games, and this one is slightly different from the first in actionable games. At first, I thought it wasn't as good as the first (which I highly rate), but realised that the Boomzap gamemakers - kudos to you folks - had just added an alternative dimension to the puzzling parts.

Again, I played this in hard game mode, although at times I wished I hadn't, it was generally quite an easy game. I LOVE HOGs, which is why I look at what type of game it is before I play - so guys, if you're not interested in HOGs, pick a different type of game! It's quite simple: it does what it says on the tin. I also like the fact that there are many interactive HOGs within both games - great stuff in my opinion

The storyline was really good, although there were some curious leaps of logic at times - but then this is a fantasy game, so what should I expect!? I also enjoy having some sort of pet/creature friend to help, but kept forgetting about them and they are key for some of the puzzles.

I spent 5 hours on this game, but as with the other Botanica game, I took long breaks in between. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would even like MORE HOGs! The map was very helpful, and the only clue you get if you're playing the hard version of the game.

Another fab little game from BFG and Boomzap - I do love you guys!

posted in Botanica: Into the Unknown on Feb 5, 14 6:21 PM
I loved this game! Bought the SE version when I had some credit and there was a sale on, and in that way, I rarely mind paying for the games I order here.
So, Botanica: Into the Unknown... beautiful artwork (not quite up to the really great games, but very good), and easy to listen to music - didn't jar my ears at all. Above all, what a great storyline! I was gripped and genuinely didn't want to put the game down. It did take me 5 hours, but I had several lengthy breaks and I got a bit tangled in some of the tasks. I played the hard core game for a change and was, in some instances, really stumped for quite a while. There is a lot of pleasure in cracking those issues, even the ones where you slap yourself in the head for being such a dimwit to not understand how to do it MUCH sooner! There are some real "Doh!" moments I love HOGs, and this one had the kind of interactive version, which I also found enjoyable. I really recommend other games by these game-makers too.
So glad I also bought Botanica: Earthbound - I hope it's the sequel!

posted in Shadow Shelter on Jan 22, 14 4:11 PM
Thanks folks for the well rounded reviews - always a good idea to come here first if a game has a mediocre star rating. I tried it anyway - I love HOGs and investigative type games. I'm heartily fed up of occult and ghostly material though. However, as they're the ones that seem to keep popping up, I give them a go.

However, this one started badly for me - and to be fair to the game makers, I must have clicked too quickly to begin this game because I was simply plonked at the front door of the old creepy house. So dark! I appreciate that this IS an old, creepy house, but crikey! For some reason, a click on the frozen lady's pocket produced a useful item, but that was just a random click, as was obtaining the mug from the middle of the table! Couldn't actually see it because there was a frozen man sat in front of it.

Made me stop playing. Such tiny items, bizarrely concealed, plinky-plonky music - again, to be fair, it's thematic - and a very dark adventure. Due to the HOGs generally in many of the games I play on here, my eyesight is deteriorating! Please game makers, do help a lady by making items to collect at least the teeniest bit visible?!

Still love playing all the games though - thank you for all who contribute, you're all life-savers - especially for those of us who are chronically ill. Bless you! x

posted in Rooms of Memory on Sep 30, 13 7:17 PM
Hi, tried to add a couple of folks on here and it said I had entered the wrong code Well, here's mine, what use it will be I dunno! lol

a3dSQb

posted in Farm Up on Jul 2, 13 4:00 PM
For any of you who are concerned that you will have to use real money, please rest assured that this is not the case. I've reached level 31, just by playing the game the best i could. Hope that helps Enjoy this wonderful little game, absolutely gratis!

posted in Trapped: The Abduction on Jun 11, 13 4:17 PM
I was saving up credits for this one, and I'm glad I did. Really enjoyed it, if that doesn't sound too weird (it is a dark, scary tale!). Had to squint - like with many of the HOGs - to find some of the items, but it was what would be in book terms, a real page turner. So clearly going for a sequel, SPOILER ALERT: so annoyed that we learn zilch about anything!

posted in Farm Up on May 26, 13 5:54 PM
We were all thinking it about bus stop man! lol I love the mole too, good idea about selling the mole ejecter Do they really squeak like that? It sounds like it's been slapped I've got all my mills and factories built behind/in front (crap at directions) but I've only got wood, brick, textile and cannery. I'm level 18/19 now, so really glad that there's so much more to look forward to I'm loving this little game - a bit addicted actually, my little dog keeps having to cross her legs! What interests me is if the husband gets a certificate, we all have to celebrate, whereas the wife can have a whole list of jobs to get on with all over the farm and there's no great fanfare. If you ask the husband or Grandpa for an extra job, it shouts "he's busy!" I love the little fireflies (small butterflies), even though they're slippery suckers. My goddaughter came home singing a song about Mark the Shark (so that's stuck) - you can youtube the song And sometimes the people who put in the request for items, eg, the mittens, STEAL them and don't give you any money, the bandits Oh ok, gone on a bit but really enjoying this great, free game! Keep making me laugh forumites!

posted in Eternal Journey: New Atlantis on Aug 30, 12 7:18 AM
FABULOUS game! Loved the graphics and the art work (although the design of one side character was a bit odd). The storyline was gripping, inventive and had been worked out really well. The main character is female, so that was really good to see too. Very unusual story, and for once the commentary doesn't diminish the game. Like other Fish, I didn't skip any of the extra commentaries - they definitely add to the game SPOILER ALERT: (except the one from the big ball).

Stayed up late to do the game - I must be a bit slower than the hard core Fish, because these games do take me several hours! Well worth buying - definitely get your money's worth. I got the SE version (free with my game credits).

posted in Surface: The Noise She Couldn't Make on Aug 30, 12 7:08 AM
LOVED this game! And like the other fish, I'd really enjoyed the first Surface game too, which helped make an easy decision to try then purchase this one. I bought the SE game (with my game credits), and was so not disappointed. It was excellent. It did keep me guessing, which is unusual for me, because I'm such a plot spotter - not so with this one. I did have to use the hint button, which I hate using (but I do have flu), and sometimes had to use items that I hadn't found and thought I'd searched EVERYwhere, but evidently not. Worth checking several times to make sure you've not missed an item to pick up, but that made it a challenge. Love the interplay between real life characters and the stunning graphics. Marvellous game play, beautiful scenes, very clear pictures, and great art work - well done, Elephant Games!

posted in Kingdom of Seven Seals on Aug 3, 12 6:12 AM
Rubbish game. Can't find the turtle grandson, it's very slow changing screen and I've got better things to do with my time. Not impressed. Love HOGs, but there have been a lot of pfft! ones lately. Seem to have picked up this week though, which is great because I love BFG!

Hey, I said hidden object game in initials! All the asterisks look like I was swearing!! Cheeky forum thing. lol

Absolutely right! This was the best **** game I've played to date - fantastic! Well done

posted in The Return of Monte Cristo on Nov 12, 11 4:59 PM
Had high hopes for this one, and I'm sure if I'd played it on a 33" laptop it would have been great. As it was, I found it really difficult to see objects and made wild stabs in the dark, with some success admittedly. Please would game producers make their images a little larger I've got fairly good vision normally, so it's not even that I'm blind as a bat! Really wanted to like this one a lot, but that was quite a big negative.

posted in Vault Cracker on Nov 6, 11 3:44 PM
Love, love, loved this game! It's different, and I loved playing dress-up lol Great storyline, cool action, and great gaming. This is why I love playing hidden object games. Thank you GOGII and Big Fish

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Jun 13, 11 10:01 AM
So whole-heartedly agree. LOVED this game - absolutely brilliant! You really get your money's worth with this one, it just keeps going and going and going. You know how some games seem to finish abruptly, or shorter than expected? This one exceeds expectactions, provides real hidden object enjoyment and stretches your investigative like none that I've played in a long while. Excellent! A must play More please! Well done BigFishGames

posted in Echoes of the Past: The Castle of Shadows on Aug 17, 10 5:49 AM
Hello, I'm really enjoying this game but I've done things in the wrong order to the walkthrough. Maybe that's the reason why I can't get into the cupboard in the factory with the knife. It just won't let me! So I've not been able to collect the antler, nor turn on the electricity, although I have done all the games to do with the control panel and kitted out the watchman. Help!
Alli

Hi folks, I'm new here, but I'm loving the opportunity to try your games I was a bit startled though when I tried this game... I must admit, I got spooked by the music and the vaguely Blair Witch Project feel to some of it... I'm not good with horror's, so it did put me off. I'm sure it's way less threatening than that, but I'm chicken, and I'm not afraid to say it! lol Anyway, enjoying it - on the whole! Thank you.
Allibee

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator