Posts created by heatherceana

posted in 10 Days Under The Sea on Mar 17, 18 6:08 AM
Why would you put out a game without checking your English? It's an object, not a subject. A china hutch is not a cupboard. A razor is not a shaver or shavor, or however you had spelled the word. I was afraid to see what you felt a carriage is. Using the proper words is very important in seek-and-find games (hidden objects). Frankly, how someone can make a "hidden object" game and then call them subjects is beyond me.

I frankly didn't get any further. No one expects perfect English, but an English dictionary would tell you the meaning of a word you are about to use. Subject and object are only synonymous regarding the nominative case. My sentence subject is indeed an object, but neither the direct nor indirect object.

I found the story to be okay, but it's frankly unspeakably evil to steal a girl's soul because you want pieces of a compass back. It's just the excuse to play though. :-)

posted in Beauty Factory on Mar 4, 18 5:46 AM
I bought this game a long time ago. After playing it once, it for whatever reason no longer worked on my old laptop, which has newer architecture than this one, as this one is the old laptop from my kids. I switched due to graphic card issues. This game works fine on this laptop. I spend the last couple of days trying to play this on here. You cannot turn a large enough profit per day to make winning the challenges feasible. Obviously, if your price is too high, your sales will drop. If your price is too low, you will not reap the profit that you could. Advertising doesn't work very often, as is perhaps the case in real life, frankly.

I don't regret buying the game, as I've got 25 unused credits now. I do wish that the dev team would bring out a newer version, with the algorithms tweaked, so that you're not getting slammed with negative factors, or tweaking the production costs.

Also, I found the cost to upgrade my production out of proportion with what I gain from Level 1 to Level 2. I was disappointed that you cannot upgrade from Level 2 to Level 3, but let's face it, when would you ever have $600,000 anyway? $6000 for Level 0 to Level 1 was fine. $60,000 to gain an extra 20 pieces per product was a bit steep.

Again, it's not really even the prices of new products and upgrades, so much as the profit margin. You need lower production costs, frankly, because the cost of the cosmetics is already quite high for the customer.

So, lovely game, but discouraging.

posted in Farm Mania 2 on Oct 14, 14 12:42 PM
I started a new game, and it worked this time. This needs more testing. Something we are doing - or not doing - is causing this issue. It has nothing to do with selling or buying chickens. I bought 2 hens this time, instead of one. I sold one, as it insisted I should.

posted in Farm Mania 2 on Oct 14, 14 8:30 AM
Bigfish support wrote:

"Recently you asked us a question. Below is a summary of your question and our response.

Please respond if you need further assistance with your question.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you."

So, the chickens WILL NOT MATE, but that is a graphic problem???

There is no chick resulting, because they do not mate. IF I were not seeing them mate, there would still be a chick. This is a GAME BUG.

posted in Farm Mania 2 on Oct 12, 14 11:52 AM
I'm running the diagnostic tool, but it is not a matter of not "recognizing" the chick is born. The chickens will not pair. I have sold everything except the he and she of the geese, sheep and chickens and tried. Someone suggested that I might have sold and bought chickens, which you cannot do, except when you initially buy the chickens. I went back and checked. I cannot sell or buy any chickens, but the two I have are apparently not attracted, and thus will not mate.

posted in Farm Mania 2 on Oct 12, 14 11:42 AM
I went to the market and ranch and looked. It is not possible to sell any chickens of any kind at level 19, nor is it possible to buy any - after then initial male and female you first bought.

Even selling all the geese except one male and one female, the chickens will not breed. I do not know what the problem is, as I have bought all possible items as well. I am having problems finding the critters in the woods.

posted in Farm Mania 2 on Oct 12, 14 11:08 AM
I have neither bought nor sold extras, but my chickens refuse to mate in casual mode as well.

posted in Farm Mania on Oct 12, 14 8:36 AM
Hi Y'all,

I bought this outright, because I really liked the one in Egypt and such. Sadly, when I try to go in, there seems to be a customer cursor, but you've forgotten to allow people to disable it. The result is that the mouse cursor is not visible. If you wiggle it around, you can see where it highlights things, but that's useless.

Please provide a fix for this. I'm using Win 8, so it's not a problem that my computer is ancient or anything.
Intel Core i5-3210 2.5gig, 8gig RAM, 64 bit with NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M vid adt

Since the others complaining of this have not posted any stats, I cannot see if this is a compatibility issue with the 64bit systems, or the GeForces, which have had a number of video issues with past models.

Thanks for making a great game concept!

Heather Ceana

posted in Fashion Forward on Aug 31, 14 8:28 AM
I was doing the trial for this. First, there was no cursor, so I managed to fool-around until I got lucky enough to get in and turn off the custom cursor. Then, the game lagged dreadfully! I turned off the sounds and the 3-D and full-window. That improved performance some. It still lagged so hard that the game is not playable. If that were fixed, I'd be willing to buy the game. It's fun enough.

Win 8 with an i5-3210M CPU @2.5GHz and 8GB RAM on 64bit.

posted in Haunted Domains on Aug 31, 14 8:14 AM
I'm having the same cat glitch. It happened on my first one, so I thought I was just doof. I waited for it to sit down, then tried clicking EVERYWHERE on its body. Nothing would queue it up. :-( I'm not going to buy this until someone does fix that. It's frustrating, and I anticipate I will lose the witch.

posted in Tourist Trap: Build the Nation's Greatest Vacations on Aug 19, 14 7:09 AM
Hi All,

This is a cute game with a funny concept. There is a tutorial to it, so I'm not sure what happened to the person who says they couldn't figure out what to do after the first building. You have the chance to build different kinds of buildings to attract various populations (truckers, families, college students, senior citizens, etc.).

The problem with the algorithm begins with the introduction of the firehouse. All the sudden, you are wasting at least $1000 per turn, because EVERY turn something burns and something needs repair, plus what you just extinguished will also need to be repaired. You are investing so much time with damage control, that you do not have time to focus on other matters.

The land expansion is a good idea, but you cannot keep an eye on all buildings and expand. You hear that something is burning or in need of repair, but have to scroll back and forth to figure out where it is. It might be helpful to add a button that will zoom to the property in need of your attention.

The graphics are fine for me. This isn't a game that you've paid $80 for.

Please fix this problem to significantly improve game play.

Without this problem, this game is easily probably 4 to 4.5 stars. With this problem, it drags the game down to 2.5 to 3 stars, tops.

Thanks for a great game! Hope you can address this issue.

Heather Ceana

posted in 7 Grand Steps on Jul 24, 14 8:30 AM
Greetings.

This is a very intricate and beautiful game. You will spend hours upon hours trying out different things. I have had the difficulty that even if I treat my children exactly the same through-out a single life-time, the VERY first difference can result in an animosity that totally disrupts the next generation. There should be set values there, rather than random generation for the animosity level.

Also, when you climb the social ladder, be prepared for a VERY hard climbing up! You have almost no chance to generate the tokens you need to educate your children, let alone to move on that level.

A question I have would be how do I change occupations in the last track?

Thanks so much for this great game!

Heather Ceana

posted in Antique Shop on Jun 10, 10 9:17 AM
LaiKaNaro wrote:If you want play from your save do not reinstall it. Try install new version above old.
If this not help try delete Antique Shop game folder manual, and then install new version without uninstall older.

Does this mean that you shouldn't uninstall the game before reinstalling if you do not wish to lose your progress??? Prepositions are always difficult from one language to another, but they make ALL THE WORLD of difference in understanding what is meant. :-(

posted in Faded Reality on Jun 3, 10 9:09 AM
I decided to buy this one. I'm not sorry for it.

I LOVE the no timer!!! The last thing I want after a stressful day is to come home and have to play on the edge of my seat. If I want to be timed though, that should be an option. Most of the timed games are insanely limited in time. It really kills my leisure time. I suppose if I had nothing to do with myself all day long, I would enjoy being jack-hammered with insanely limited timers.

A couple of comments to the obviously foreign-speaker who designed this though:

Ladybirds are female basketball players who play for the Univ. of Louisville. You tagged a ladybug as a ladybird.

Beside means next to, not under.

A Badger-dog??? Where did you get your Lexicon? That thing is a Dashhound or Dachshund. Either one is acceptable.

"after the dark" is 'after dark' or 'after it gets dark'.

There are more. If you want help proofing your English, feel free to contact me. The English is pretty good. I usually know what's meant. Sometimes though, I just want to scream, because the designer seems to have just made-up words that never have existed in this language.

Cheers!

Heather Ceana

(Lost the first time. Hope it doesn't post twice.)

posted in Egypt III: The Fate of Ramses on Apr 20, 10 11:53 PM
I'd recommend making sure it'll even work on your system before you bother getting tips. It doesn't even work on mine.

posted in Egypt III: The Fate of Ramses on Apr 20, 10 11:52 PM
I have Windows XP. With my old graphic card, the screen flickered and hung, so I couldn't play it. My graphic card was just upgraded, now I'm having the same problems as the fellow above. It flickers, then dies and asks if I want to play again. I don't even have Windows 7!

I recommend STRONGLY against buying this one! There seem to be some serious compatibility issues.

posted in Be Richer on Apr 17, 10 5:25 AM
One person says buy the dinosaur last and it works, another says get the money together last to make it work.

I remember doing that level, but I didn't have any problems with it. I also did the one in the sandbox mode, but no problems there, because it's not part of your goals.

I usually finish everything except the money first, but sometimes I've jacked my rentals up so high, that I get my money before finishing all of my other goals. I would say, since there are two differing opinions on this one, try each way. It sounds like you might want to collect the money while the museum is building, then buy the dinosaur last.

I finished this entire game with expert on every single mission, so it is possible.

Perhaps the people having problems have something in common with their system specs?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator