Posts created by Anne3624

I love any game that has a beautiful house! I mean this one has triple crown molding! and armchair railings! I love walking through gorgeous houses like this. I want more games with luxurious homes. And homes in England are just the best!!! let me see those marble floors with crystal chandeliers! I love them!

posted in I Know a Tale on May 23, 15 2:28 PM
Great! another defect in the game, putting an item behind the crystal, very bad planning and programming.

posted in Danse Macabre: Deadly Deception on Apr 2, 15 5:51 PM
OMG! I have been waiting a long time for this type of adventure. I love the feel of the era portrayed. Maybe the 40's or 50's? the furniture! the rooms! Jazzy music in the background! I loved it. That bar is my all time favorite scene! Please make more programs like this. Yes, it was a bit short. 5 stars. Now to go find something like this one......

posted in Phantasmat: Crucible Peak Collector's Edition on Dec 25, 12 10:50 PM
OMG! I loved this game. I played it in Casual mode and simply enjoyed it.

I loved the story and short videos....it kept my interest.

I loved the voice overs! I wished I could talk like Greta!

It wasn't hard to figure out the next steps....never used the guide at all!

And last? I loved.....the butane tanks and how they emptied and clanged as if you threw it on the ground....at least 5? Hahahahaha!

I give it 5 stars!

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 25, 12 7:38 PM
I loved it......don't know why everyone else hated it. I loved the story, and I always....always love the video shorts of real people....AND! Lea Thompson was one of the real actors! How great is that? (For those too young to know? Lea Thompson played with Michael J. Fox in "Back to the Future") It kept my interest, and was easy to follow....I hate studying things for hours trying to figure out the next move. Mystery Case Files is my favorite game to play, because real people are implemented into the story and game. It makes it real to me. The only thing I didn't like? was putting those pieces of videos together. If you have to click and drag them together? Don't make it impossible to put them together. THE ONLY downfall. I had to skip them all....LOL

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 25, 12 7:33 PM
nope, not going to reply what I thought I was....instead! I will go post my own review....

posted in Mystery Case Files®: Shadow Lake Collector's Edition on Nov 25, 12 7:32 PM
Gabbyellen wrote:As you can see I am not a person who reviews many games...this is the exception. I am such a HUGE fan of all of the Mystery Case Files games until this one. This game is beyond bad! I was not a big fan of the "live" actors in any of the games but i tolerated them because the games were interesting enough to just ignore them. This game is boring,boring and plain old boring and your actions have to be done in such a precise order that it's like someone has to hold your hand and lead you through the actions. Where's the excitement? Where's the interesting story line? I don't know what happened to this series but this is a dramatic change and it's all for the worse. Needless to say, I won't be buying this game...and I'm really disappointed. Awful!!!

Oh, and Lea Thompson should be embarrassed to have anything to do with this mess! What happened to her career?

It doesn't matter which piece I touch to put in the pot, I get the message that I have done it wrong to reset. Does it matter which piece of broccoli is selected? I try to choose the 3rd piece first, but it moves the 4th piece instead. UUUgghh!

posted in Youda Mystery: The Stanwick Legacy on Feb 1, 12 8:28 PM
all I have is the music box, doll, flashlight, and one of three keys....what am I missing here? It seems everyone else is able to get further than me.

posted in Youda Mystery: The Stanwick Legacy on Feb 1, 12 8:24 PM
I can't go any further than the kitchen on the bottom floor, and there is a door ajar. But I can't go thru and there is no where else for me to go.....is this a glitch? or is there something I don't know?

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe on Jan 28, 12 5:36 PM
Alright, I solved it. Don't watch the raven fly off the screen, but instead watch for the glowing circle to appear and show you the item. Yeah!

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Haunted Houdini Deluxe on Jan 28, 12 5:12 PM
The throwing knife in a hidden object puzzle is off my screen, You know how I know? The hint raven flies right out of the scene and I can't go where it went. So, how is this solved?

posted in Otherworld: Spring of Shadows Collector's Edition on Jan 22, 12 9:47 PM
Nope, waving to all those that get the white screen!!!!!.....I have paid for many games here at Bigfish, and I have had two that just didn't play, This won is the second one, and I just get a white screen with music. Do not tell me its because I have Windows 7. I guess I just won't play this game....

calsmom2001 wrote:Another "child-in-peril" game from ERS? Following on Redemption Cemetery and Haunted Halls (and at least one chapter in Azada: In Libro) it seems that ERS is no longer an automatic buy. I have been very disappointed in their games since the first Shadow Wolf mysteries - I was so bored I could barely finish it. Since then there have been a number of games with frightened children (and bad voice-acting). It's all getting a little disturbing. I think Azada was the last straw for me: they took a series with its own distinct look and gameplay and made it just another ERS game. Honestly at this point seeing "ERS" makes me stay away. Just MHO

I love the graphics, the music, I love it all!......I don't know why you are bored with this?????? I love a game that just plays like a fantasy....movie.......and you get to be a part of it......awesome! hmmmmmm

posted in Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel on Dec 10, 11 10:18 PM
patyaris wrote:I cannot get pass the opening page just a white screen with dana written on it, I have deleted it and reinstalled and it is just the same, anybody else having this problem.

I am!......moving on to another game

OMG!....that is all I can say!....of all of the games I have played, Mystery Case Files - Dire Grove and Escape from Ravenhearst is the top games in my book!....I just love their use of video of real people. I might add the acting is great!...Beautiful scenes, dark music, great story. It took me several days to finish the game (I do work and go to college full-time) Loved it! AAAAAA++++++

Keep bringing it Mystery Case Files!

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 19, 11 4:53 PM
swissraven wrote:
Anne3624 wrote:However! I don't have a compatibility tab under properties when I right click on the game icon. Where do I go from here?

Anne, by default BF installs the icon that will open the game through game manager, you won't find the compatibility tab there.
Instead, delete the original icon, go the where your programs are installed (probably C>Program Files (x86) if running Win7. Inside the game's folder you will find an application file (.exe) bearing the game's icon. Send that file to desktop. On desktop, right click the icon, click properties, and at the top you should have a compatibility tab.

Alright, those directions got me where I could test the compatibility, however, it told me access error and terminated the program. I guess I just need to delete game and just move on. Thanks for your help. If there is something I can buy to change my windows version, can you tell me if I can? I bought laptop and it had Win 7 is all I know.

posted in Bluebeard's Castle on Nov 16, 11 7:49 PM
Dominick_Fontana wrote:I didn't have most of the problems people have mentioned here. One point to note though is that many programs, not just games, do not work properly with Win 7, 64-bit. I'm a high-tech person and I specifically did NOT buy Win 7, 64-bit precisely because it is not compatible with many programs. I have Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit and rarely have problems with the games.

If you are having problems under Win 7, then right-click on the game icon and select Properties. Then select the Compatability Tab. At the top, check the box that says, "Run this program in compatability mode for." Then click on the down arrow below it and select either a Vista or XP version of the OS. Then click OK. Try the game again and see if this helps.

I always check out the technical issues before I try a game and yes, sometimes a game is buggy, but they usually fix that in a few days and come out with an updated version. But many, many times, people have tons of issues and then I try the game, like it, buy it, finish it without any problems, and people are still complaining about tech issues that never materialized for me.

Good luck to everyone

I have been on this forum for days looking for help with this tech issue, you seem to be the only one with a sensible explanation. However! I don't have a compatibility tab under properties when I right click on the game icon. Where do I go from here?

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 11 2:20 AM
Yes! the "warning" was the first sign, then 15 minutes into the demo, saw the graphics and the music just made it dark. Right up my alley! Whoa, I am looking forward to this one! Well worth paying for. << putting on earphones and getting lost in this game>>

posted in The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition on Nov 13, 11 2:04 AM
just played 15 minutes of this game, and immediately bought. Just my style, music, watch the movement of the hotel concierge......high quality programming. I don't know why you people....um, fishies are complaining about fuzzy graphics.....this is one awesome game! And!!! I downloaded a new game, and it wouldn't play before I got this one. Very pleased......putting my earphones on to capture the environment with the music.....and ready to get lost in this game.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator