Posts created by TooOld2Play

There is a small game bug or glitch. It is nothing major but occasionally one piece of wood, food or gold nugget will hang around on the screen. It cannot be picked up so it is a bit of a distraction. Might want to give a heads up to developer to fix.

SOLUTION. I figured it out. As soon as you upgrade mine to 2 and get enough wood to do the bridge (stock pile 20) then you can destroy the sawmill and add a workers tent. The additional worker bonus needs to be used too to make it 5. The guide stinks for this level. No mention of tent. No mention which building needs to be destroyed. Trial and error!

The guide does not mention adding a workers tent which is important to getting the ice block. What do I destroy to build it or am I missing something?

I really wish people would only write reviews for the games that they have purchased. I was almost NOT going to buy this installment because of the negative reviews. I love it. I am having a great time playing it and yes, it is a challenge.
It is obvious that most of the reviews are based on the trial version which really doesn't do the game justice. They miss the origami/paper/plastic background to the concept. Glad I took a chance. I still think the first game was the best tho.

posted in Viking Brothers 3 on Jan 27, 18 3:51 PM
Like the Viking Brothers games before this one, I forgot (after playing so many other time management games) how hard it is to get 3 stars in this game.
Viking Brothers III is no different!

The last MCF game produced internally by Big Fish Games Studio was back in 2011. In 2013 here were staff reductions and the closing of Vancouver studio and Cork (Ireland) offices. Goodbye internal studio work and hello to the farming out to Eipix of further MCF Games.
On November 12, 2014, the company was acquired by Churchill Downs Incorporated for $885 million. It is primarily involved in the gambling business, and is the owner of several major horse racing tracks, including its namesake Churchill Down. Hence their lack of interest in computer/iphone/Android gaming.
The acquisition I am sure was difficult, especially for those who started with the company and saw the masterfully crafted MCF franchise gain a following.
That's the story.
So enjoy your classically wonderful Ravenhurst games and face that the studio isn't coming back.
Tears.
Sob.

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 17 5:29 PM
Finally got this level. I focused on fishing and the bakery. I also collected a little ore, just enough to dig for treasure and then REPLACED foundry with an upgraded farm.
Forget the oil press guy (you'll have enough mana for orb from ghost whacking),
Forget the second bakery as well and
after awhile forget about the sawmill. You don't need any of them.
Use HunaHuna (@) to slow down fast red ghosts. I also did not open the chest on the left past the ruined bakery.
I am old and I am slow and I managed to do it.

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Sep 15, 17 5:04 PM
I am stuck on this level as well. The strategy guide is useless and it;s been days since pitzymitzy above posted asking for help. No replies? Wow.

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Sep 5, 17 2:39 PM
Thanks to some help on this level I discovered something that will save time. You do not have to clear rebuild oil press or build the big altar. Only uncover the leaf pile to the right of the hut and the leaf pile in lower center. Those are critical, you can skip the others until the end.
Free the workers first. Make lots of food. AND RUN WITH THE SANDALS!

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Aug 27, 17 1:13 PM
Agree about the strategy guide. It is awful. nwl43 is right. AND it is by far the most difficult game I have played of the series...If I remember correctly you have to play the entire game to get all the trinkets to help in your backpack and then replay levels for gold. This is brutal. Not for beginners or the faint of heart.

posted in Moai V: New Generation Collector's Edition on Aug 26, 17 5:29 PM
Level tells me to repair buildings. I followed the guide and it still says 1 to build. Am I missing something?

Nevermind. As soon as I finished the Fire Gate that was the final building. Dang this game is so much harder than the last ones! Sorry guys.

The strategy worked for me (after doing the level 8 times!!) Thanks so much! WOLFANGELS!

Can someone tell me ONE of the "morphing objects"? I can't seem to find anything morphing. Any level so at least I know what I'm looking for.

posted in Elven Legend 4: The Incredible Journey on Apr 3, 17 4:05 PM
Checking online (videos) I found that even experts haven't been able to get 3 gold stars on this level. I feel like a dunce. I really wish I bought the CE for the guide. You are not alone on this level. There are a few super tough ones.

You probably know this already because you asked on March 24th but you need to first get the ore from the cave top right and then build a smithy. Once you have the ore you can make the scissors at the smithy.

posted in Weather Lord: Royal Holidays Collector's Edition on Oct 27, 16 2:12 PM
They said there is an update to solve the inability to delete buildings issue and something else glitchy. But when in Big Fish game manager it does not show an update to the game. Unfortunately I think you would have to uninstall the game and re-download/install.
I'm in the bonus levels so that would mean I'd have to start from scratch, so I'll wait.

posted in Incredible Dracula II: The Last Call on Oct 8, 16 2:26 PM
So hard to get 3 stars on most levels, even with video walkthrough. I find myself content, as with the last Incredible Dracula, to getting 2 stars. I realize sometimes you have to keep on doing the level until the combination works. But it is still an awesome game. Worth it for replay value alone. I do wish I had gotten the CE if only for the statues, presents, etc. Not so much the extra levels. But still happy!

posted in Elven Legend 3: The New Menace on Sep 2, 16 8:28 AM
One of the easiest levels. Just use timer as bonus for entire game.
I can't do most of these levels at 3 stars & I'm not expert but I thought I'd share ONE help on one level at least. LOL.

posted in Moai 3: Trade Mission Collector's Edition on Jun 15, 16 5:22 AM
Would have posted on main game forum page but it looks like it has been hijacked by 'dillos strange promotional posts.

Forum moderators should delete advertisements! Why are they allowed to post so often & in new discussion area?

Any way, **** has released Moai IV some time ago. It would be really great if BF offered it SOON!!!

posted in Rooms: The Unsolvable Puzzle on Feb 25, 16 9:38 AM
Cute graphics. Nice that it's in PC format as it came out a while ago as an app for Android and was totally unplayable. The only question is, how is it different than the game that came out years before...another version of Rooms? I'd like to use my free game code for it but am afraid it's exactly like the first Rooms, though better graphics. Any ideas?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator