Posts created by MayPoleLeave

posted in Dark Parables: Requiem for the Forgotten Shadow on Jun 30, 17 9:17 AM
Thanks. Will do. Sometimes it's not so obvious with these. You were right it was 85% as had 93 to 100 on most but a couple 83s and when got those up over 85 I got the badge.

posted in Dark Parables: Requiem for the Forgotten Shadow on Jun 29, 17 8:49 AM
Sorry for the confusion. It is the "Rank Chaser" achievement I am missing. It says to Achieve Gold Medals in all the HOP scenes from the extras menu.

I am guessing one needs a low time or high %age in those to get the gold?? If so what is the bar for the Gold..80%?

Thanks in advance.

posted in Dark Parables: Requiem for the Forgotten Shadow on Jun 20, 17 7:14 AM
Has anyone completed the achievements? I have them all except for the "gold status" one whatever that is.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 on Jun 22, 16 4:15 AM
I have all the badges in 1,2 and 4 but in this one I cannot get the following :

1. Finish in under 3 hours
2. Finish the game
3. Perfect every level.

Now the 3 hours is debatable with the fence puzzle taking an hour but I do finish the game and in the other versions you get the badge. I also recently finished it without using any hints and when check the map it says I have all the trash and animals and shopping yet do not get the perfect every level badge.

Anyone have similar issue? Anyone figure it out?

Thanks in advance.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 3 on Jun 22, 16 4:10 AM
Under the blue sleeping bag on the right side of the screen there should be a brown bottle. I know that was the hardest one for me to find.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 4 on Apr 25, 16 11:07 AM
Great series and gets better every game especially when they show the recycling barrel filled so you know you have them all now. Every song is a winner for me.

Park Ranger 4 has trickier items which will challenge you but what I am struggling is the "Finish the game in less than 3 hours badge" in Ranger 3 and now "Replay a level" in Ranger 4. How does one get these badges? Oddly enough in 4 I have replayed many levels but can't get the badge.

In Ranger 3 does the three hour clock run when you stop the game or go back to main menu?

posted in Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide on Apr 18, 15 7:24 AM
The credits may have been the best part of the game other than the new puzzle where you have limited moves to make the grid one color which I didn't understand at first but found fun.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 on Apr 6, 15 9:16 AM
Good day. I am having trouble getting all the badges. I played the game and then realized some of the badges can't be done at the same time (eg. a scene without garbage or hinting all the scenes will need to be earned after you complete the game if you did the game perfect.)

My question is : How does one attain all the badges???? I thought the best way would be to finish the game in under 3 hours and perfect then go back to the first level and do the hinting and garbage however I did the game in 2.5 hours and perfect but only got the perfect badge.

Is there a way to play the whole game again with the same player??? I ask because you cannot get more than one badge at a time.

For example. If you hint all the objects and not pick up any garbage it will default to give you the garbage badge but not both. This is bad because if you finish the game perfect and under 3 hours they only give you the perfect badge.

posted in Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger 2 on Apr 6, 15 7:51 AM
Good day. I am having trouble getting all the badges. I played the game and then realized some of the badges can't be done at the same time (eg. a scene without garbage or hinting all the scenes will need to be earned after you complete the game if you did the game perfect.)

My question is : How does one attain all the badges???? I thought the best way would be to finish the game in under 3 hours and perfect then go back to the first level and do the hinting and garbage however I did the game in 2.5 hours and perfect but only got the perfect badge.

Is there a way to play the whole game again with the same player??? I ask because you cannot get more than one badge at a time.

For example. If you hint all the objects and not pick up any garbage it will default to give you the garbage badge but not both. This is bad because if you finish the game perfect and under 3 hours they only give you the perfect badge.

posted in Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek on Feb 13, 15 5:51 PM
I had the opposite problem. I couldn't figure out how to make the beds at first. I assume you have found the chute to the left of the bathroom (restroom) on the 2nd floor??? You click on it when you see a "red hand" and then go to your inventory, click on the bag and then put it over the chute and click to drop it in.

I am playing in Detective mode and trying to get the fast puzzle. I got the achievement where I least expected to get it.

I was picking the lock for Dereks house and It game me the achievement so that is the puzzle to do in less than a minute.

Love the snarky personality. As for sex I dunno. I don't think playing Mrs. Fletcher or Nancy Drew makes anyone a pansy and I love those characters. Master Detective is a guy I would think although sometimes you wonder in certain situations like not being able to break some twigs or stick his hand in a dark tree or get into a bag without a zipper ...those things seem female I guess but then other things like don't

Does this mean you got the rest of the achievements??? I too need the gifted hands but how to you get the "Play In Master Detective mode" one. When I played the game the first time I did it one level lower than the top. Had no needs.

When I go back and play it in casual mode I still do not get the achievement. I tried getting a new player to play it in detective mode but it fails.

If anyone has an answer please let me know.

As for the gifted hands if I find a scene that does it I will post.

I wouldn't say the story line is juvenille like some have suggested. I mean look at Samuel. His wife was a tart and his sons are "ambiguous" One son is with the enemy and another is signing his own death warrant. He loses his wife when the mistwalkers won't save her. You have a clash of clans started by a misunderstanding. Seems like very adult issues to me.

We played the original Dire Grove to be up to speed for this. I liked having the same scenery and like others I think the music and graphics were good. Many feel the game was short and maybe it was a little. Does it beat the original? Now. Does is beat Return to Ravenhearst, 13th Skulls and Prime Suspects? Definitely not. It is a game that is neither good nor bad. I felt the voice actors were good enough. The finding pairs was frustrating. I played no hints mode and found a couple puzzles difficult.

This game needed more HOG scenes and less puzzles I feel and yes we do expect more from MCF but overall I wouldn't give up on the series just because this game fell short of the 2010 Game of the year Dire Grove. It is hard to beat the best.

posted in Big City Adventure: Rio de Janeiro on Jul 14, 14 1:14 PM
Since I cut my teeth on big fish back in 2008 on Ravenhearst and other MCF games I enjoyed object games like this. While I consider the Mystery PI's to be the yardstick for
these types of games with Amazing Adventures a cut below and so on. The Big City Ones are fun for the whole family and educational. Puzzles are easy but the scenes are challenging enough. I liked London Story as well.

However this one is tough. While it is not totally unusual to struggle on the first level of a new game this one was painful. I forgot about quick finds till half way thru but still made over two million.

Objects are too hard to find (yellow background level for example with the yellow statue and then yellow objects all over it). Music was good and some very good historical tidbits but tough on the eyes.

posted in Nancy Drew - Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon on Jul 1, 14 9:20 PM
My mum and I are big mystery fans. Always wanted to try one of these and was disapointed that there was no free preview. Unlike the person who wanted the refund right away I gave it a shot. While it is a little bland at first it was fun execept only getting two lives (I pulled the emergency brake and then pressed the symbols incorrectly at the end). Since we play Murder She Wrote, Poirot and of course Return to Ravenhearst etc I think there are only two real problems with this game. 1. Is the navigation isn't so easy and 2. There is a lack of instructions. For example the first grate with the code drives you nuts. Another issue is the symbols in the mine. You are supposed to enter them in the order you see them but I obviously didn't see them in the order the person who made the game did.

I needed help with a couple things and there was a funny guy on you tube who had the answer in his walkthru.

The mine car is fun and again no instruction so but when you see the skull and crossbones you are able to mouse to the right to take another track.

These are older games so will not mark too harshly but would give it a 7/10.

I play the games with my mom or sister and although anything sexual I wouldn't discuss or show her I find nothing is offensive on big fish that I couldn't play with her except for Mystery Case Files Return To Ravenhearst where she had trouble with most of the game and I admit myself too as it was grosser than usual.

That being said she loves the dark parables games and isn't offended at all. I don't find the clothing offensive but I do find the girls to be too "cookie-cutter" for me. There should have been one who is 46F-30-44 or one who is 6' 5" or something. I beleive orphaned girls comes in all shapes and sizes. I will admit when you open the cell and you get those big breasts in your face that is a bit much.

I think the initial post here is offensive though as for all we know the person who designed them are girls or maybe a girl who's fantasy was to be like this. Remember it has to appeal to girls and girls like all this fancy gear.

posted in Princess Isabella: Return of the Curse on Aug 6, 12 6:07 AM
A good game like the first one but like the first one better. This is in the range of Briar Rose where the game is really really simple but then mensa in a few parts. Didn't use the strategy guide (honestly didn't know there was one but not sure if it would have helped as I find them usually not helpful). The toughest game where you have to get lucky is the box puzzle in the dwarf house as well as the colored square puzzle in the toy shop as there is really no instructions.

I had a problem with the game corrupting both trips to repunzle's house so after redoing game a 3rd time found saving my progress at the angry tree to help. I also read some people didn't like the ending. I wasn't sure if I had the ending. The way I saw it everyone died except the dragon who rescued the baby to the rabbits.

I am a big fan of Mystery PI and Mystery Case Files so these types are a good break from that. The object detail was very good in this game.

posted in Mystery P.I.: The Curious Case of Counterfeit Cove on Jan 30, 12 2:46 PM
Like most people I was elated to see another Mystery P.I. Game. Me mum and I enjoy them because of the clear graphics and the good balance of scenes and puzzles. In this version you did have more tasks in the scenes then normal but still did it in 4 hours which is normal for these games I think. Only gripe I could see is that they didn't mention the 25 cameras that needed to be found. We only stumbled upon this but found them all quickly. I recommend it to people of all ages.

posted in Mahjongg: Ancient Mayas on Jan 21, 12 9:08 AM
I hadn't tried a mahjong game in 15 years but got this one recently to try and I absolutely think it is a very good game. The sounds and music are great as well as the graphics. I like the strategy of it and trying to figure out which moves I should make first. I am on classic now and my times have varied from 2 minutes to as long as 21 minutes and I love timed games because I think it makes your brain a little sharper. I would recommend it to anyone because there are different skill levels where you are new at this or not.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator