Posts created by Ridnhi

posted in Lost Civilization on Nov 6, 14 6:09 PM
Well, I'm in the midst of playing this game and it is a pleasure to me since it is like the older games that were straightforward and cohesive. It is not "exciting" enough to keep your adrenaline flowing but it is a good game to spend an afternoon with.
More like an old dimly remembered movie but with interaction. Maybe we as "americans" expect everything to be "high tech" but for this old lady, it was/is a pleasure to just play along and figure things out and enjoy the story and scenery..

posted in Mayan Prophecies: Cursed Island on Oct 25, 14 4:20 PM
Bought the game today as DD...I started it this in late am and have been at it pretty solid with just a few breaks between for eating and interacting with family. This reminded me in a way of the first game I ever played: "Sarah Mirabeau." It is very logical and the colors are bright and the graphics clear. There are lots of HOS and quite a few puzzles. A story that made sense and was cohesive. All in all it is worth playing. I enjoyed it much more than so many of the HOPs they are coming out with lately. I seem to notice that some of the best stories come from these folks. Not sure where they're from but the names sound like maybe eastern Europe......Anyway. Thanks Guys. I appreciate your stuff. Thanks BFG!!

posted in Sharpe Investigations: Death on the Seine on Jul 18, 14 6:15 PM
I just finished the game. So refreshing to have a "normal" more up to date game. Nothing hard. Lots of HO's which were not too hard for my old eyes to find with an occasional pointer from the hint button. It kept me happily occupied for a good part of the afternoon and I am so glad I got it. For those who don't require witches, or the supernatural for entertainment but want a straightforward "murder mystery"; give this game a try. You may surprise yourself, as did I........... No fairies, no ghosties, no brews to mix up, no machines to fix.......just a good old "modern" HOG.
Good gaming fishies!!! Ridnhi...........

posted in Forgotten Books: The Enchanted Crown on Jun 9, 14 8:16 AM
ditto.......

posted in Nearwood on Mar 1, 14 12:35 PM
I too was looking for a punch to finish up my card and "just happened" to find this neat little game. I love the music and the opening and have just sat and played that part over and over. Felt much like being in a helicopter or an airboat riding fast downstream. Made me feel like leaning as you do on a motorcycle to get through those curves! I bought the game and am enjoying it. Its just a lovely, game without all the dark, occult, or decadent stuff of so many games. Thanks to the developers; and Thanks to "BigFish for making it available. Will definitely be watching for a sequel............!!!

posted in Special Enquiry Detail: Engaged to Kill on Apr 25, 13 5:42 PM
I think this is one of the most well thought out games we have had lately. I bought it with not a lot of expectation but it got me interested and kept me interested for four or five days (playing a couple hours each day).
I certainly feel I more than got my moneys worth and my time was very pleasantly occupied with thought provoking moves to be made. I am not a fan of murder mysteries but this was an exception. Thanks to this fella "Steve Ince" and to BFG for time well spent. Yes, some of the hos were TOO well hidden and I had to use the walkthrough more than once or twice. But everything made sense and it also kept you wondering all the way through. GOOD JOB!!!

posted in Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo on Apr 5, 13 7:13 PM
I agree with gemgoddess. I just finished the game. I really enjoyed it and am happy to have had a game that was logical but with interesting excursions to get the tools or gems or whatever you need to find to carry out the next task to accomplish the desired end result. It was much like a fairy tale without the fairies. And it has a happy ending. If you want a game that ends on a happy note and you don't want to go blind trying to see tiny or unseen things to search for......try this game. It was a very pleasant rest from all the misery in the world lately and in so many of the games that seem to dwell on the dark side....... Thanks BFG. And Thanks to the developers.............!!!

posted in Scarytales: All Hail King Mongo on Apr 5, 13 7:02 PM
Gemgoddess40 wrote:For me, this is a perfect game. It is straight forward, the story line intriguing, the reason to find items is integrated into the game itself. It is ideal for those days when the world itself is extremely complicated and a clear, straight forward "time out" game is ideal.

posted in Silent Nights: The Pianist Collector's Edition on Feb 25, 13 2:11 PM
I'm not finished with the game yet but I did buy the CE and I love the game. Maybe because I lived through some of the locations eg post war France. Seeing the bombed grungy buildings and even the inside of the church and the hotel......I felt right at home. The slowness of the game was a plus with me. I spent much time contemplating those times and places. Thanks a lot BFG for the "different" feel to this game. Although we are, once again, seeking a lost/kidnapped/?? loved one so much else in this game was different. Yes, the Europeans do have a different "take" on some of their games but "viva la differance" I've lived through the depression, WW2. Korea, Viet Nam, and have been involved either myself or family in all of it. It DOES give you a different outlook on life.
Thanks so much Big Fish!!! I love the difference!!!

posted in Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition on Feb 4, 13 12:07 PM
Just finished the game. What a super game!!! This game has it all! Lovely graphics, different and INTERESTING plot, the live actors were great and it had a satisfying ending. No witches, warlocks, vampires or evil spirits or dead people haunting the place. I give this 10 out of 10.
Can't imagine how this one can be topped!!! Thanks to BFG and the developers for doing a superb job and making this fishie very happy!!!

posted in Fear for Sale: Sunnyvale Story on Jan 5, 13 1:38 PM
I just finished the game. Enjoyed it very much. It has a coherent plot, very logical moves and clear graphics and hint system. It was a little shorter than some but I prefer short and clear to long and more confusing.
It did seem like an older HOPA. But its definitely worth the DD or a PCC.
There was a bit of going here and there but without that it would have been and even shorter game. I would have paid a credit for this one.

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Four Aces on Nov 24, 12 4:47 PM
Thanks bfgSeine i'll give it a try!!!

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Four Aces on Nov 24, 12 1:12 PM
I gave the three shots to the beast and now according the the hint I am to go to shopping street.........I have been all over town innumerable times and cannot find "shopping street." The walkthrough says also "go to shopping street". Can anyone please clue me in as how to get there.
Even the map does not show a shopping street. It shows a lair, a sewer, and a belfrey above the chapel..........Iv'e been to the hanger, the train station, the fire station, the postoffice and etc.............please help me find where it is so I can continue this interesting game. Thank you!!!

posted in Whispered Secrets: The Story of Tideville on Nov 11, 12 10:46 AM
Hey Elijah! I just got back here to try again and found your helpful note. I tried it and it worked!!! Thanks so much for your pointing me in the right direction. I took the words in the walkthrough too literally I guess. It said go to the street near the tower and I was directly outside the tower. I went all the way around the tower but could not find a way to be near and find the box with the boards. in and out a dozen or more times. I would still be at a standstill without your help. Thank you!!!

posted in Whispered Secrets: The Story of Tideville on Nov 6, 12 1:12 PM
Hey! I appreciate the tip. I have been using the walkthrough and have been into and out of the tower where it shows me but I don't SEE the box. I have clicked on the steps, the windows, and the frames for the steps and the boards over the windows but...........no box. I'll play other games until I decide to try it a few more times. Sometimes our brains work on problems while we are doing other things and the answer just might "magically" arise in my mind................. Until then........................??

posted in XIII - Lost Identity on Nov 6, 12 1:05 PM
I had that problem too. I just kept clicking on it until it worked. I tried quite a few times though, before it worked. The target had disappeared and I was moving all around trying to find blood other places in between. Hope this works for you too!!

posted in Whispered Secrets: The Story of Tideville on Nov 4, 12 5:34 PM
Hey Fishies. Any help will be appreciated" I am in the bell tower trying to find the box i need to hit with the hammer in order to add boards to what I got earlier somewhere else so I can fix the steps in order to go up into the bell tower. I have hammer, nails, and some boards previously acquired.
Anyone remember where I can find that box??? Thanks for any help.

posted in E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures on Oct 18, 12 6:14 PM
Changing my profile worked!!! I'm farther along but think this game requires too much thinking for my old mind. Its a slow go for me to think along with the plot line in this one. I need to go back to my plain old HOPA games. Even a walkthrough might help but evidently since this must be mainly an "adventure"? game you just need to suspend disbelief and go with the flow. This may take me a couple months but I WILL work it out..........eventually...........

posted in E.P.I.C: Wishmaster Adventures on Oct 18, 12 5:16 PM
I too am having trouble with a large rectangle in the center of my screen. It started when I pressed "hint" and covered the place I was supposed to place/throw the fruit into the crevasse. I deleted the game and hours later downloaded. The large rectangle is still in my way. I cann't proceed until I blowup the large stone................I will try using another profile and if it doesn't work............guess I will talk to CS about a credit for another game..............Too bad. It looks like a fun game. Well.....I will try once more. I hope it is working for most of you!!!

posted in Where Angels Cry on Oct 13, 12 6:19 PM
This is a really good game until the end. Don't know why so many things lately have to have demons and angels and "ghosties and goblins." I think we are being brainwashed!!! There was no reason for the game that seemed to be such an easy to play adventure puzzle with some hunting for tools or needed supplies along the way, had to turn into a paranormal murder in which the player is to do the last ugly act.............
Thanks those of you who protested!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree. The ending is beyond bazaar. (sp?). Its depraved.......!!!-

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator