Posts created by Sergeij

posted in Diamon Jones: Amulet of the World on Apr 6, 13 4:17 PM
HoneyVegas wrote:has anyone attempted the Temple maze puzzle yet, where the dragon needs to be reassembled, the walkthrough isn't explicit and I am well and truly stuck, any hints found any where else - all help much apreciated :-)

Response: [I've spent two hours on that %&^$# dragon puzzle and can't get past it either! Some of the puzzles in this game WENT TOO FAR!]

posted in Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse on Dec 31, 12 10:01 AM
I'm having the very same problem. I have done EVERYTHING, including getting the egg in the steel box, and have checked off everything except "getting proof for Karl that the monster exists," but to no avail. I CANNOT get back of the big tree or click on the large root. What's going on? A glitch? I hope not. I have successfully played 22 other Nancy Drew games and never ran into this kind of frustration before. I have also exhausted all conversation with everyone in the castle, and RELLY DON'T want to start the game all over again.

Any help out there?

THANX!
Fran

posted in Nancy Drew: Secret of Shadow Ranch on Dec 16, 12 5:29 AM
I have done EVERYTHING in this game, BUT, I CANNOT get Dave to give me the ring so that I can play the "easy game" on the slot machine in Cappy's Bar. I cannot, therefore, move the stone on the front of the bank to get message. EVERYTHING is checked off on my list except the info about the "Ballerina Box," which I also have (I did the puzzle). I have made all phone calls and got hints about the allerina Box from Bess and the Hardys. I have thoroughly checked the Web for all info throughout the game.

Is this the end for me?

Fran
franz_liszt@comcast.net

posted in AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo on Sep 28, 12 11:06 AM
crazy8club wrote:what gets me is the save button. it didn't save where I got back to room to do darkroom. i checked and it did not save. I told the bfg that I wanted my money back as I was NOT going to restart this game over for the what would be the 9th time. Sucks marbles considering game crashed yesterday. only thing in inventory is painters room key. everything else disappeared when I tried to save game.

YOU MUST CLICK ON "SAVE," THEN, CHOOSE ONE OF THE "SAVE BLOCKS" that are shown. If one is empty, fine. Just click on it, and your game is saved. IF IT IS FULL, HOWEVER, YOU CAN STILL CLICK ON IT, AND A MESSAGE WILL APPEAR: "Do you wish to overwite the current game? If you do, it will be lost, etc," CLICK ON "I AGREE" and your game will again be saved.

posted in AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo on Sep 28, 12 10:57 AM
judimh wrote:Anybody know what the code for the music box is yet? Can't find anything else available to do, and I'm at a loss. Hope I'm not sorry for purchasing this game!

There are three codes, actually, in three, separate sections of the game. The first code, I believe, is: 1889 MAR 30 SAT.

Use a walkthrough. There are two good ones available, including one from BIG FISH GAMES.

Go to your search window (BING -- GOOGLE -- etc.) and type in: "Agon: The Lost Sword of Toledo Walkthrough," and take your pick.

posted in AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo on Sep 28, 12 10:52 AM
Martila wrote:
wjb123 wrote:...can not find the wooden rack that they are supposed to be put in to take out into the sun!

The WT says the rack should be on the chair in the darkroom but it is not there or anywhere else in the darkroom.

Check your inventory. In some cases it might be there already.

THE RACK IS LOCATED NEXT TO (AT THE RIGHT OF) THE SINKS, AND TO THE LEFT OF THE BIG WATER CONTAINER>

posted in AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo on Sep 28, 12 10:45 AM
Martila wrote:
wjb123 wrote:...can not find the wooden rack that they are supposed to be put in to take out into the sun!

The WT says the rack should be on the chair in the darkroom but it is not there or anywhere else in the darkroom.

The rack is located just to the right of the sinks, and left of the big water container.

posted in AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo on Sep 28, 12 10:43 AM
Martila wrote:

Check the TABLE over near the lantern where you got the camera. It's probablt there. One thing to remember, it IS in that darkroom somewhere. Check, also, near the sinks where the drying racks are.

posted in AGON: The Lost Sword of Toledo on Sep 28, 12 10:40 AM
crazy8club wrote:okay, how do you get the desk draweer to open? I'll bite.

This game has a very unwieldy way of navigating, SO, you have to aim at the wall near the desk, then, turn around and TRY to aim at the drawer. If you get an arrow aiming at the drawer, click on it and zoom in. Then, JUST OPEN IT! Or, you may have to aim to the left or to the right of the drawer until you can zoom in on it. Trial and error. Hope this helps.

posted in Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel on Sep 5, 12 8:42 AM
After I tried to play the broken machine at the arcade, I went to Ingrid's office to discuss "Midway Repairs," as was suggested by the walkthrough, but there was NO INGRID! How do I find her?

posted in Nancy Drew - Danger by Design on Aug 2, 12 1:08 PM
friskies21 wrote:i'm having a really difficult time getting the cookies right. i've been really careful not to mix up the salt and baking soda, i got the conversion book to make the brown sugar, and i tried making the cookies with mint from the restaurant and mint from the flea market and nothing has worked. any tips or tricks? i'm going a little crazy.

Do ALL OF THE INGREDIENTS AS SHOWN, BUT, ADD AN EXTRA HALF CUP OF WHITE SUGAR. That would be ONE and a half cups, and not just a half cup.

posted in Egypt III: The Fate of Ramses on Jun 25, 12 9:24 AM
I, too, wrestled a long time with this last puzzle, which is the most difficult of all.

I found, through trial and error, that you CANNOT let the snake corner you. Rather, you must cast as many "blue spells" as you can, as you work your way past the snake's head to its backside. Try to ALWAYS STAY BEHIND THE SNAKE. Continue to build blue over red (this means clicking twice) as you advance towards the snake's tail. That way, if the head suddenly turns on you, you have a solid base of blue to run to. Keep clipping away at the snake's tail, and pause occasionally and look around. You may have to creep up behind the snake and build more blue blocks. Finally, by staying out of the way of the front of the snake, you can finally finish cutting its tail 4 times, and that's it! You've won! Don't worry! It took me two days to do it!

posted in Egypt III: The Fate of Ramses on Jun 25, 12 9:13 AM
Correction! The rope is way over on the right, as the Nileometer is seen on the left. Sorry about that!

posted in Egypt III: The Fate of Ramses on Jun 25, 12 9:12 AM
The rope is found way over on the left. As I recall, the Nileometer is seen on the right. That means that you have to go WAY OVER to the left side of the island and you'll see the rope.

posted in Egypt III: The Fate of Ramses on Jun 25, 12 9:08 AM
ALWAYS get the "****" walkthrough, preferably by MagiTro, although she uses a lot of poor English and is not always clear or to the point, she's the best we have. **** is good, too, if you can find a walkthrough by that outfit. This time around, MagiTro, or whatever her name is, is the very first walkthrough listed, and I believe, this time, it's either under a URL that uses the word "cheats" or "ULB."

posted in Egypt III: The Fate of Ramses on Jun 25, 12 8:59 AM
You also need to take the large jug at right of Tuya's door and then break it with the dolerite ball you have in inventory. Then, take one of the broken pieces (in the middle).

posted in The Last Express on Apr 19, 12 10:49 AM
This is not at all what I expected. Just when you're getting under way, you have to restart the game.

Whatever happened to the great ones: Syberia, Syberia II, the Nicole Bonnet Murder series, the Sylvie Laroux series, e.g., the Tree of Life, and the Scorpio Ritual. And the Drew "Phantom of Venice," Such games are rare. NOT LIKE THIS ONE!

posted in Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades on Apr 16, 12 8:19 AM
I mistakenly placed part of the broken oar on the oar opening on the closer side. I then placed the top of the oar on the seat and then trird to tie the two broken pieces together with the belt, all to no avail. I cannot retrieve the oar part that I inserted in the oar opening, no matter what I try.

Does this mean that I have to start this entire puzzle sll over again? Please advise me.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships on Mar 19, 12 12:27 PM
I have played that coconut game over and over again and have beat the monkey many times, but NO COMPASS, just fruit! I tried to get johnny to suggest that i get the compass, but he only talks about getting a sail for his ship, which I obtained! WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO? This is , by far, the most frustrating NANCY DREW game I have ever played, and YES, I dug up the pirate book and decoded it and I got the pirate egg, too.

Suggestions, pleaase!

Sergeij

posted in Nancy Drew - Curse of Blackmoor Manor on Jan 13, 12 6:05 AM
I am towards the end of the Nancy Drew: Curse of Blackmoor Manor game but am at my wit's end trying to finish the rather impressionistic puzzle in just five minutes. I'm usually pretty good at puzzles but this one has me ready to quit and say: "Nancy Drew? Never again!"

Any tips?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator