Posts created by Valkara

posted in Christmas Adventure: Candy Storm on Jan 5, 14 7:38 PM
I don't think it's right that the demo stopped before the hour was up. I still had 21 minutes left.

Also, the game froze and I had to restart it.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 5, 14 7:08 PM
They're with the other dressers. You have to go up some levels before you come to the kid-specific stuff.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 5, 14 7:06 PM
Click the Design icon in the lower right-hand corner. You get a visual menu of what's available. Click on what you want to buy, click on the room you want to put it in, and click where it says Purchase. Then sit back and wait for it to be delivered. Sometimes it's immediate, and sometimes it takes hours. This game takes patience. And don't buy anything until the task list tells you to, because you don't get credit for what you think of on your own.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 4, 14 8:28 AM
An additional comment to what I wrote above: This game is ridiculous. As mentioned, I got a baby before building the baby's room. That baby has been crawling around the bathroom for a week now. And then I finally got the baby's bedroom built... and up popped another baby! At least this one crawls around the bedroom, but why do I have the extra one in the bathroom?

I just had to replace my brand-new crib with a 2-star one. I'm tempted to sell the shower and put the old crib in the bathroom so the extra little brat will have somewhere to sleep.

How did this game get past the beta-testing stage? It needs to be fixed.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 2, 14 7:39 PM
The painting on my dining room wall disappeared. Interesting that it was one I had to pay 4 coins for.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 2, 14 2:38 AM
SnowBunnyB16 wrote:I like the idea of the game but I do have several issues about the game.

1. You can't buy furniture to match. There aren't enough options to pick from.

2. If you add something to a room before it appears as a task, you don't get credit for it. You have to buy it again.

3. When you add wallpaper, it only appears on one wall.

4. You don't know how much you will get for an item until after you sell it.

5. You have to upgrade even though you are happy with what you just got only a day before. Ok to require upgrade to room but it should be our choice of what we want to add or change.

6. Gameplay is way too slow. Too much downtime waiting for something to happen

I agree with all of the above points. I was quite upset that I'd spent money on a nice shower for the bathroom, only to be told to spend more on a 2-star shower or tub. The tub I ended up getting is HUGE for that little bathroom, and covers part of the doorway! And who puts paintings in the bathroom?! Also, the game won't let me have a bathroom mirror anywhere that makes sense... like over the sink. Nooo, the mirror has to be over the bathtub, like anyone stands in the tub and looks at themself!

It would be nice to get rid of the extra people. Why do I have 3 adults wandering around, and only 1 bedroom for all of them to sleep in? (yes, I know they don't sleep; all the people in this house do nothing but pace endlessly, 24/7) At least the kid has his own room, and for some reason I got a baby before having a bedroom for said baby. Right now the baby is continuously crawling around the bathroom.

Most of the artwork is hideous, and there's not enough choice at the different levels. I've got some paintings in 3 separate rooms. And why can't I hang a painting over the living room fireplace? Or a mirror?

Some of the decor items cannot be placed on top of anything, or at least not in a way that makes sense. Finally I just left them on the floor.

Barn Yarn and the other games by that company are far better than this one. This game is flawed, for the above reasons and the fact that it doesn't recognize ordinary email providers as valid to fulfill the picture and invite a friend tasks. This game needs to have its bugs fixed, revamped with better items, better timeframes on everything (it takes 12-24 hours for some things to get done/delivered at higher levels), and so on.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 2, 14 2:16 AM
BermudaJ wrote:There don't seem to be that many quests that give you gold coins. Maybe for each quest, a gold coin should be awarded.

That's a really good idea. Some of the tasks are really expensive (in-game) and quite time-consuming.

As mentioned in other threads, a lot of people are having trouble taking pictures and sharing them, and inviting friends since the game insists they don't have email clients when they really do. This is a serious flaw in the game, as surely a player should be able to use whatever email service they want to.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 2, 14 2:12 AM
The more xps (experience points) you have, the greater your "level" is, and the more stuff you can buy. That is completely separate from the coins.

posted in Design This Home on Jan 2, 14 2:07 AM
A door can be added to either the back wall of the living room or the kitchen. I put mine in the farthest-right corner of the kitchen.

posted in Snark Busters: High Society on Sep 14, 13 5:06 PM
I loved the music. It was relaxing, and since I wasn't being timed, I could just enjoy it.

What I did not enjoy were:

1. Having to remember which exits to take out of scenes. A MAP would have been useful - what was that compass thing for, if not to be a map? It didn't serve any purpose at all!

2. The photo developing. I never could get that working right.

I add to the opinions that say there should be Collectors' Editions of these games.

posted in Aquascapes on May 8, 13 4:13 AM
After 25 Fishdom tanks, I'm happy to see some new ones! One thing that underwhelms me is the music. I love the Fishdom music, but the music in this game is... bland. And way too loud, even with the volume down.

I've played for less than 20 minutes, though, so hopefully things will improve.

posted in Gardenscapes 2 on Apr 18, 13 3:54 PM
I just love these games! Did you know that Austin even shows up in Fishdom 3 (Collector's Edition)?

BTW, if you want a laugh or just some cheering up, click on the gramophone and make Austin dance!

I wish I lived in that house. The office is awesome (and I don't use that word lightly).

posted in Gardenscapes 2 on Apr 18, 13 3:47 PM
I find it really annoying. But since the dog both barks and meows (nobody else it could be), I just assumed the dog (who I named "Snert" after the dog in the Hagar the Horrible comic strip) is bilingual.

posted in Fishdom 3 Collector's Edition on Apr 10, 13 11:39 PM
I wish we could - I'd love to incorporate some of the Spooky Splash stuff. In the meantime, get creative. My favorite tank has nothing but turtles in it. They're so adorable, especially when they're all asleep, or they do their surprise dance!

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths 3: Atlantis Adventures on Apr 26, 10 9:51 AM
I absolutely loved the first game in this series - it's really challenging, and the lively music makes me want to get up and dance!

The second game was also challenging, for different reasons.

This third game is godawful. I hate the music - it just grates on my nerves to the point that I had to shut it off. This alone guarantees that I will not be buying this game unless it comes up as a discount.

posted in Zenerchi on Oct 7, 09 2:27 PM
I'm stuck here, too. One time I nearly made it - just needed about 3 more seconds. It's a matter of moving very fast and making as many groups of 5 as you can. Try to do the red and light blue ones first so you can use the special ones later that eliminate the red and blue ones and increase the number of yellow, green, and purple ones.

posted in The Count of Monte Cristo on Jul 17, 09 11:24 AM
The block isn't like a building block. It's not a cube, it's part of a block and tackle. Think of something like a pulley or outdoor clothes line. In the game the block is roundish, and mostly beigey-brown in color.

I didn't know about the trumpet in the dressing room. But you can always go to the Island and find 10 diamonds to get another clue. You'll still be able to get back into the dressing room.

posted in Runes of Avalon on Jul 17, 09 11:15 AM
This one took me forever to figure out, too. The solution is that whatever color the large rune in the middle is, that's the color you need to surround it in a "plus sign" shape, two smaller stones in two rows on each side. Then the whole sign will glow and that's the answer. There are more levels like this, and they get a lot harder!

posted in Hidden Wonders of the Depths 2 on Jul 17, 09 11:06 AM
I enjoy the music. It makes me forget the timer because I want to dance.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator