Posts created by doofus09

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 15, 14 5:34 PM
And the irony of it is that I did not have this issue yesterday. After installing the latest update an hour ago, I now HAVE this display problem.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 13, 14 6:52 PM
Seriously, I think this game is already too big for the iPad. It can only play lower level manors.

The latest update has not addressed any of the loading issues. If it did, I am not experiencing it. It still takes ages to load. And it still crashes when returning to the manor from neighbours or after playing scenes.

It is also straining the pc. After playing a few scenes, there will be a noticeable lag, then I know it is time to exit. Otherwise I will be getting a white scene which is really difficult to play.

With this update (in which *more* features are added), I'm getting the white screen after only 3 plays!

I can't imagine what will happen when they expand the land some more and release even more content...

Don't get me wrong, I would love new content and a further extension of Dark Manor. But my concern is will our devices be able to handle it?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 13, 14 6:35 PM
Or you could get back to the manor and come back. It changes.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 12, 14 7:53 PM
Donna509 wrote:It has gone back to the old way. Maybe it was just a test. Hoping to see the change coming in the future.

It's a glitch - happens off and on.
But yes, it would be nice to see it become a permanent feature.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 12, 14 7:50 PM
I did that months ago, when they first introduced FB info into DM. Removed literally hundreds of non-active players, mostly at levels 1-4. I don't think any were ever added randomly, either.

I still have my very first neighbour at the bottom of my list. He stopped playing long ago, but I keep him there so I know where the list ends.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 7, 14 5:43 PM
My opinion would be to buy the first plot with silver. The second plot will cost more, so if you use gold, there's more savings there.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 30, 13 6:55 PM
Two requests:

1. Please insert the name of the scene in the scoreboard.

2. Please insert a tournament banner on the scene in question, similar to sales banners. Pop-ups don't always pop up. That way, we'll know that there is a tournament on, and there'll be no dispute as to whether it has started or ended. Also, pin a banner on the scoreboard so we can differentiate between a tournament score, and old scores.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 27, 13 2:59 AM
I don't recall any alphabetical bonuses for blitz. It is better to pick one category to start with.

If you pick animals, take your time to click on everything except animals. When there are only animals left in the list, or half the time is gone, click on all the animals and avoid other items. You will not get all the items, but if there's a long string of animals, the bonus score will be better than the the time bonus for getting everything.

As you try out this method, you can adjust your timing, and even try to overlap the bonus categories to increase your score. Trial and error is needed to find which items fit in which category.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 24, 13 10:47 PM
I play on both iPad2 and pc. Power cycling does not help. The game just gets heavier the higher you go.

I usually use the pc when gifting as it is so much faster. Even then, there is a difference between playing my main game and the lower-level resident game in the same pc. In the latter game I can just flip between the manor and inbox anytime. With my main game, there is a 12-second lag if I return to the manor from the social pages. It requires a neighbourly visit to reduce that lag.

The latest iOS update has increased loading time - maybe they are trying to improve game stability, I don't know. In any case, it has introduced freeze-time at the start of the game. It was never there before, nor was it a gradual increase. It's a new *feature* that came with the update.

Tap enter, then it takes at least a minute for the shutters to open. Everything will be frozen, though. It requires some babysitting here as the iPad will fall asleep twice before the game is ready to animate itself.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 23, 13 6:54 AM
Before adding anything, could you please REMOVE the FB related stuff from the iOS version? It takes nearly 10 (yes, ten!) full minutes of babysitting just to load the social pages properly.

With each update, it takes longer for the game to load, and crashes are now the norm. So much so that I no longer return to mansion from the social pages or after playing scenes. It's faster to just exit the app and restart.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 23, 13 6:33 AM
The cap is for visible gifts, (30 methinks). After accepting some, the gifts would repopulate the next time I went it. Also applies to premium gifts. It does not seem to be related to who is currently active as I had multiple premium gifts from one manor, and not all of them were present at the same time. More likely related to the age of the gift. Based on my paper list, all gifts are accounted for, so nothing went poof!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 17, 13 4:12 PM
It's an occasional glitch. It would be nice if it were a permanent feature, though.

Did you also notice that when this happens, your neighbours do not display their Facebook info? Only the manor names show, and there is no avatar, just the blank square. Hardly any loading time, and it's so easy to toggle between tabs.

The first time I saw this, I thought BF had finally done something about the social pages on iOS. Alas, it was just a glitch...

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 16, 13 4:22 PM
Well, they have heard and reduced the ticker frequency...

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 16, 13 3:57 PM
The gold was awarded for the vertigo one.

They were quite good with the first few tourneys, then got a bit lost. Seem to be back on track again, with winners' lists posted on FB.

But with Sterling's messy desk... I have yet to encounter a single scrambled mode!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 5, 13 4:40 PM
Possibly. The first special has lapsed on my game, and I am not seeing the second one.

ETA: and the second special has just appeared . . . after playing a scene. So there's no need to purchase the first special to get the second.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 5, 13 2:52 PM
Hmm... I was missing quite a number of gifts after the update. However, after accepting a few, the next time I went back to the inbox, a few lost ones showed up.

Maybe they are trying to limit the number of visible pending gifts to help with the loading. It's not helping, though. It has not reduced the loading times, nor prevented any crashing.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 4, 13 11:56 PM
Nice new scene and all, but I'm more interested in the "improvements and optimizations" part. Surely removing gifts and the severely curtailed high score list do not count as such!

I would hope that the next update will deal with the crashing and loading issues rather than adding more stuff.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 4, 13 11:35 PM
Same here. Only 4 names on the list.

And the clock does not move either. At 50 energy, the first game brings it down to 35, but the timer does not tick down. Replay and it's down to 20, with timer still at 0:00. Previously, we could play three games with spins, but now it's only two spins, with one energy left over.

ETA: The clock is moving again! The batteries must have needed time to warm up.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 4, 13 3:52 PM
I am undecided on whether to put the ticker or the lightning blitz at the bottom of the list. The only reason I dislike the ticker is the low scores it generates. Yet to hit 1M on this mode in any scene. Does anyone know which scene has the most number of items?

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 4, 13 3:41 PM
No mention of new stuff in the iPad update description. Just a new intro video and tinsel for a manor makeover.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator