Posts created by GamingGrampa

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 2, 17 12:29 PM
Hi Mrsl, to drop the souvenir you need to make a vertical line crush under the center where the souvenir is, it will take out the stickies and drop the souvenir.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 2, 17 11:09 AM
Hello Wbear, I'm going to try to help you out, I finished New York some months ago so I went back to check it out, your board probably has some sand makers and a group of paper litter with lighting bolts at the bottom, if you make a line crush or bomb right at first then take out the litter with a bolt the rest is just making bombs and line crushes to put with the bolts.
If you don't see a line crush or bomb setup on your first move, hit the green button with the 3 stripes and then the red X to back out and then restart the level, as long as you don't make a move you won't lose a life.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Aug 1, 17 10:09 AM
Morning everyone, looks like major problems with Everest today, got through it and no rewards, lots of folks screaming bloody murder and the thread locked before I could add mine! Oh well, back to finishing New Orleans.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 31, 17 11:42 AM
Hey snowman, I was born and raised in Rhode Island and mom was from Boston, so my reply to your crack about Red Sox fans (bleep) LOL!! By the way last night I was reading the first 10 pages of this thread and I found that trav3lbird is the one from New Zealand, remembered that from a couple pages back, hard to believe that its been over a year and a half since you started this.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 31, 17 9:24 AM
And we now bid a fond farewell to Route 66, for me it was quite enjoyable and also had the honor of being my first event city to be 100% completed. I wish to thank all the players whose help made it possible but especially Ooo_jules_Ooo, all your tips have improved my gameplay tremendously.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 29, 17 10:47 PM
My hat's off to you famvir, Gummy Drop should give you a medal! As for me, just making it to Amsterdam in one piece is my goal.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 29, 17 5:51 PM
I'm a little curious, based on the numbers jules stated 10,000 intern levels would be worth 100,000 coins, another 300,000 for architect and 600,000 for master! We're talking a million coins here, I haven't heard anyone claiming to have anything near that. Something doesn't add up. Except when I look at where I'm at and what I spent to get here it makes a bit more sense. And jules I agree they should return to Australia and Melbourne would get my vote.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 28, 17 2:01 PM
Hey globetrotter, this is a first for me, I was trying to reply to glitter and got booted off! It looks like you were commenting at the same time as I was, I'll have to redo mine in a bit. Anyway on Paris and Rome I can't see paying 800 and 1,000 coins for one card, but like you said to each his own.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 27, 17 10:31 PM
Hi glitter, I have 100% completed Tokyo, San Francisco and New York and if I remember correctly the rewards were 1,250-1300 coins and a whole bunch of boosts. Even though most of them are more costly than the reward, they did come in handy for me, I just kept making small payments over time, Sydney, Paris and Rome aren't worth the effort and I'm not sure about London yet, I might give Berlin a shot as I had to use a lot of the helping hands to get through. I'm in New Orleans and it's definitely tough but I think it had some bad glitches way back when and got a bad reputation.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 27, 17 6:21 PM
Judyree you still have a few more days on Route 66 and if you get stuck there are players who are happy to help you. If you haven't reached level 57 yet check out the post from carolinagirl2011 on page one of this thread, it was by far the easiest way to get through it. Happy gaming!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 27, 17 6:05 PM
I totally agree jules! Hey GD design team here's a quote for you "IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT"!!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 27, 17 9:48 AM
Congratulations Marie, I finished Route 66 a couple days ago and my last 4 levels were the timed ones, two I finished with an extra time boost the other two (27 &37) I had to use eternal freeze, considering the rewards for master builder and 100% I wasn't upset.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 27, 17 9:40 AM
Jules, on my iPad the big green dot with the lines has always been in the lower left corner, I just didn't know about the X out till we chatted about it recently, now they go and shrink it and try to hide it up in the left top.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 27, 17 9:17 AM
Hi all_done, I also use an iPad and yesterday afternoon
I noticed the new design in the game boards, I went to the back of my passport and Boston was already there, I guess it updated on it's own, you can check it.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 26, 17 12:44 PM
Hello everyone, just wondering if any of you have seen the new update for Boston? Spotted a few threads on the forum home page and they appear pretty negative. Haven't gotten the update for my iPad yet, so I'm going to watch for it.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 25, 17 9:02 PM
Whoopee!! Just finished the master levels and 100% complete! Between now and 9am PDT on Monday I'll sell off as much of my leftover resources as possible and then dump what's left for green emeralds! Game on folks!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 24, 17 10:01 PM
Thanks again jules, after we discussed this the other day (restarting the timed levels) I have played 5 and won 4, that's a heck of an improvement for me. Plus now I have that batch of extra time from Route 66.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 24, 17 2:52 PM
Thanks globetrotter, I've been playing PC games since the old ms-dos days, started with "Sid Meier's Civilization" and a bunch after that. I paid on average $30. - $40 each for those and now they collect dust in my closet so making a one time investment in this hasn't bothered me, of course I wouldn't mind if they would run a bogo special on the freezes!

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 24, 17 11:08 AM
I was going through some of the comments from back in June around the time when midsummer meadows was starting, there seems to be a lot of debate about real money, so I have a little confession, I started playing GD back in late fall of 2015 hit a wall around the end of Sydney and then made the decision that if I wanted to stick with this for the long haul I was gonna need some coins, in early 2016 they did a half off deal on the 6100 coins plus I caught the discount for the two extra lives. I now call that 6100 my bank and I'm now in New Orleans with over 18,000. Also because of my handicap I have to buy the 9 block of eternal freeze, so I would probably have a lot more coins, but I haven't regretted that purchase.

posted in Gummy Drop! on Jul 24, 17 10:03 AM
Hi "weatherup", don't give up, like you I'm an old man and I've played computer games for years and this is the only one I play now, I'm on an iPad and actually behind you in New Orleans, I've gotten some really helpful information from some of the veteran players on the "seniors" thread. The most helpful one was finding out that you can back out of the board without losing a life, that allows you to study the setup then cycle through the boards to get the best one. I've made a lot of coins thanks to that!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator