Posts created by puglette404

posted in Amanda's Magic Book on Mar 7, 18 2:34 PM
I tried to run this game but had a message before startup that if using Windows 10, you should run in windowed mode. I first chose to run normally and the game stalled. I rebooted the game and chose windowed mode, the game started but the window was only 4" X 6". Too small for me on my 13 inch screen.

I am using Windows 10 on a HP Spectre 360.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Hello,
I am having a problem with game progression but it is not due to my computers hardware and software. The game has a glitch in the Thicket, Cave and Tree Hollow. I have no active puzzle icons on the map and these three locations are the only places on the map. There are several mini games / puzzles that I cannot complete.

In Tree Hollow there is a puzzle that requires you to make a path for paint to fill in the proper color, I didn't care for that puzzle and chose to skip it. I thought everything was fine, but the puzzle still has a magnifying glass and opens like it is ready to go again. But one of the syringes with paint is gone, the purple one, and I cannot return to the place I got the syringe to see if I can get it again.

I am using a 2 year old laptop, Windows 10. Would you please check for the glitch? Also please see another thread regarding the Hand Drill.

Thank you!

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Oct 21, 17 4:24 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Oct 21, 17 4:23 PM
[Removed by Moderator]

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Jul 13, 17 11:55 AM
I have been experiencing a lot of mis-fires when starting the game. I get the black background and I can't see my cursor or the program just stops. I am having this problem regularly since the recent update on 7/10. I am playing on a PC with Win. 10. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

posted in Sir Match-a-Lot on Aug 10, 16 12:16 PM
John Tonkin, I have been having the same problem. I have been collecting gold from Witchworld and I got the Restart message as well. I am looking forward to an update!

posted in 1001 Jigsaw Earth Chronicles 4 on May 4, 16 7:51 PM
I have purchased two 1001 Jigsaw puzzle games and have had display resolution errors in each game. I read the FAQ's regarding Windows 10 and display issues. I followed some of the steps and tried playing the game using a small resolution. The game finally opened and I could play but the required resolution was so small I could barely see the icons on my desktop!

I am using Windows 10 on a new HP Spectre 360. I have to say that I am fairly disappointed that the resolution is such an issue. This is a pretty simple jigsaw puzzle game, it should easily install and work with the resolutions that are now becoming standard on todays newer laptops.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue without having to change all of my settings just to play a simple jigsaw puzzle?

Thank you for your help, I have been a BFG member since the early days!

posted in Ghost Towns: The Cats Of Ulthar Collector's Edition on Feb 13, 12 12:14 AM
I noticed that this game was pulled as the Tomorrow's Game Today and replace with the SE of Phantasmal Light. Maybe it wasn't quite finished or polished enough. I don't think I have ever seen BFG pull a game before. Interesting.

ETA: This game is not on the list of new releases anymore. Again, interesting.

That is all ;o)

posted in Patricia's Quest for Sun on Oct 11, 11 2:27 PM
I like the puzzles well enough to use a game club credit. I like a casual puzzler to play while taking a break from an adventure HOG.

I noticed people commenting about the lack of a hint at what the completed puzzle looked like. I played the first puzzle without really looking at the story book, but then for the second puzzle I really slowed down and noticed that the book shows
the completed scene in every chapter! Much easier to at least have something to go back to as an aide in finishing the puzzle.

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai: The Regal Scepter on Oct 8, 11 1:35 PM
Potential Spoiler Alert!!

the rope ladder does not attach to the gears, try the elephant temple. ;o)

posted in Emma and the Inventor on May 21, 11 3:11 PM
just keep looking, they are all there. :o)

posted in Emma and the Inventor on May 21, 11 3:11 PM
just keep looking, they are all there. :o)

Hello!
Thank you very much for a very well done game The graphics are beautiful. As others have said, I often stopped to really look at all of the details.

I did feel the game play was a bit simple, going from one "puzzle" to another with a hidden object scene in between was fine. However the puzzles were very simple and somewhat repetitive. Being that the puzzles consisted of matching circles from the scene, flipping blocks on a painting and collecting items to piece together, I felt like I was speeding through the game. They just did not take that much time or thought. I do think the entire game was lovely and great fun as a whole, just a few nit picky spots for me. Oh...and I am one of the people that happen to love puppy dog eyes on all of the animals. They were all very cute!

I also noticed a small typo. In the hidden object scene in Pandora's lair, there was a red vile, it should have been a red vial. It made me chuckle a bit to wonder what was so bad about that red bottle that it was called vile!!

Thank you so much for all of your hard work and efforts in producing this fantastic game. I have been looking forward to this game for a while. It met and exceeded all of my expectations!
:o)

posted in The Curse of the Thirty Denarii on Mar 29, 11 12:06 AM
Another game from HdO! That is all I have to say, no buy.

posted in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo on Mar 28, 11 12:15 AM
Yuck! Another horrible HdO game. I will not even attempt to play this game since the gameplay in all of their games is the same. And it is horrible. Please, game buyers...stop buying games from HdO, no one likes them.

posted in Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights on Mar 22, 11 10:42 AM
This is another HdO game and another "no buy" for me. HdO is a French developer from what I have read elsewhere. All of the games seem to have the same gameplay and controls. The artwork is fine, but I truly hate the HdO controls. It is so difficult to play the puzzles and minigames. I will not buy another HdO game again. I have tried them several times and the format is always the same.

Please, Big Fish game buyers- Do not buy these games ever again! At least until the developers at HdO learn some new tricks.
Thank you,
Puglette

posted in Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde: The Strange Case on Mar 6, 11 12:39 AM
I have not had much luck with any of the HdO Adventure games. They are cumbersome and difficult to control. The hints do not regenerate, you get a certain amount, usually three, and tat's it for the section. The hidden object lists are in large type at the bottom of the screen, so you only get to see three or four at a time. They may be good stories, but I will never know as I avoid these games. Too difficult to play, and not because the game is complex, but because the controls are difficult to use and figure out. A total pass for me.
Thank you BFG, maybe the next one!
:o)

posted in The Timebuilders: Pyramid Rising on Mar 4, 11 2:20 AM
i am having fun with this game. it is very similar in game play to royal envoy, which i love. the graphics are not as clean and sharp as royal envoy, but the fun is there!

i will be enjoying this game!
have fun!

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Feb 26, 11 2:22 AM
I totally agree! This is is a very frustrating way to alphabetize items. The proper way to alphabetize is to drop the article (the) and use the first word after the article. If desired, the article can be shown at the end of the title. This is also appropriate for titles beginning with A or An. I know some fishies complain about the poor spelling or grammar in the games, I can forgive some of that as many of today's games are created in non-english speaking countries. However, when you are creating a searchable data base, the rules of alphabetization should be followed.

posted in A Magnetic Adventure on Nov 10, 10 7:35 PM
I really enjoyed this little game. it is very deceiving, looks simple but a lot of fun! gothic1, i hope you give it another try, the flashlight puzzle was not too hard and it is the only one. certainly not enough to give the whole game a thumbs down based on one small portion of the whole.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator