Posts created by Pearly11

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince on Mar 27, 11 6:05 AM
Kelvarda wrote:I have just upgraded my SE game of 'Curse of Briar Rose' to the CE as I so enjoyed playing The Exiled Prince.

I'm already itching to play the next one and I'm glad that they chose Fairytales for their Dark Parables, as there are so many. I'm sincerely hoping for years of fun as I became a complete Dark Parables fan

posted in Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince on Mar 27, 11 3:05 AM
gailgo wrote:This is a great game and worth the extra if you got charged for it

I agree with gailgo. This game is absolutely great, but I have to add that it's prequel 'The Curse of Briar Rose' is equally great and therefore both are definately worth to pay the extra money for the CE versions.

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 26, 11 5:30 AM
I've changed my mind. In a post prior to this one I have said I wouldn't buy it as a Ce. Well...I did and I must say it was well worth it. It was so scary I got really freaked a few times, especially due to something that happened in the bonus level .

posted in Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 on Mar 25, 11 4:06 AM
Ah I figured it out Right mouse click

posted in Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 on Mar 25, 11 4:00 AM
I'm stuck with the stamps. It says that if I stick them on in the correct order the mailbox would open. But no matter what I try they don't stick. Somehow I managed to send off two letters, though. Any ideas anyone, please?

posted in Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 on Mar 25, 11 3:39 AM
I like it. The graphics are very clear, especially in the **** scenes, and the swaying in some rooms is ok, it doesn't make me feel . I like the story and found myself completely ingulfed in playing detective. Quite a lot of puzzles, which I like. It's a buy for me.

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker Collector's Edition on Mar 25, 11 2:20 AM
Very creepy, but I liked it. Just finished the one hour trial. The music is great, goes well with the game, the graphics are a bit depressing, but that has to be like that due to the theme, so that's ok. Is is worth paying the CE price for? For me not, no. I will wait for the SE version. Happy gaming

posted in The Revenge on Mar 25, 11 12:28 AM
I'm wondering...BFG always boasts with how thoroughly they test the games before they offer them on their side. Why then are they so many problems with this one?

posted in The Revenge on Mar 25, 11 12:26 AM
I'm wondering...BFG always boasts with how thoroughly they test the games before they offer them on their side. Why then are they so many problems with this one?

posted in The Revenge on Mar 24, 11 12:26 PM
I got really exited when I saw this and now I am so disappointed. The game has absolutely zero sound and by the looks of things I'm not the only one having this problem. I still tried to enter the first **** scene, but the Queen took forever to get there and when she finally arrived, I went into the kitchen to make a cup of coffee and when I came back the scene still hadn't opened, even though the game hadn't frozen. I like long games, but not that long . I hope the devs take this back to the drawing board.

posted in The Revenge on Mar 24, 11 12:21 PM
Downloaded the trial and wanted to test it, don't have any sound, not even the faintest bit.

posted in Busy Bea's Halftime Hustle on Mar 22, 11 6:13 PM
It's a cute game, but I found somewhat 'crude'. The theme is ok and so is game play but some things I found a bit confusing. Like this Arcade thing. Didn't find it useful at all.
Played for the full trial hour, but it's a 'no' from me. I'm sure though, that it will be perfect for a lot of people and I can imagine that will become a classic.

posted in Aladin and the Wonderful Lamp: The 1001 Nights on Mar 22, 11 12:38 PM
I already got annoyed when I read the title. The name is Aladdin and not Aladin and what is a 'wonderful lamp'? Even though, I decided to give it a shot. What a pain to even get into the game, took me a couple of minutes to figure that out. When I finally got there, I found out that Aladdin lived in the Far East. Nope, he didn't...Middle East...Baghdad to be precise. Far East are places like China, Japan, etc.
I played it for a few minutes. The music is dire, I just really hated the game play with and I sincerely hope that this is not some new generation of HOG's. Because if it is, then I will quit playing them. I usually make up my mind pretty quick whether it's a buy or not for me, but I usually always play the full free hour. In this case, however, I stopped half way through the second scene (the market).
@ Eisteepfirsich: I just looked it up. I have two books with the 1001 Stories. Aladdin is spelled in both of them with two d's. So it's not the German way of spelling, it's just plainly the wrong way of spelling.
I second doctorgood as I also had diseases I enjoyed more.

posted in Shades of Death: Royal Blood on Mar 20, 11 2:11 AM
I played the full hour in advanced mode and it's a no-buy for me. The graphics are ok, but not fabulous. The items were pretty easy to find. The puzzles were far too easy for my liking. The storyline...well...nothing we didn't have yet, really. What really got on my nerves, but that seems to be a trait of this developer, is the way the scenes change. It kind of 'sucks you up' into the next scene, just like in Elixir of Immortality, which is from the same dev, if I'm not mistaken. I find that difficult to deal with that, if I want to feel as if I'm in free fall, then I go parachuting. Don't fancy that effect when I play a game.
The way the characters communicate is something that needs improving. Personally, I prefer to hear them talking. However, in this case I guess I rather wouldn't have. Father was waffeling some overswollen garbage, I just couldn't believe what I was reading. I don't even go into the even more waffle of the evil guy. If you want the characters to talk as if they lived in medieval times, then please make the effort and research that better. Though you may find that nobody would understand them today . Anyway, I'm hugely disappointed. It looks as if the game has been knocked together by some leftovers. This is my opinion and goes to the developer. To BFG I'd like to say:
"Give me a Dark Parable any day, but please protect me from something this diabolical"

posted in Unwell Mel™ on Mar 19, 11 5:50 PM
Hi and welcome to the pond ginnyvickie. That is one of the games I always wanted to try, but couldn't because it wouldn't work on my old PC. So thanks to you I remembered

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Mar 18, 11 5:32 PM
I've done the trial earlier on and I find it the most disgusting game ever. It's not even creepy, it just wanted me to . Too many eyeballs, can't stand that.

Hi and welcome to the pond, ritarosemay, I pllayed this one a while ago so I don't remember very well. I didn't have any problems with picking anything up. So you may a technical problem or you just missed something. I honestly can't say. It may be worth checking in the specific games forum:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/forums/show/2096.page

If you have no look there, then contact tech support.

Hope this helps.

posted in Matches and Matrimony: A Pride and Prejudice Tale on Mar 17, 11 11:11 AM
nancydrewgirl3 wrote:I ended up marring Mr.Collins! I aparently needed more willpower. I have to try again for Darcy!

Keep trying and yes...you will need a lot of willpower to fight off Mr Collins. It actually helps to watch the movie

posted in Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek on Mar 16, 11 6:12 PM
(Even thought it's a bit late in the day for that )

WOW! What an awsome game

I took me a couple of days to finish it and I enjoyed every minute of it . I love the graphics, the scenery (both are so good they make you shiver when outside) and the interaction with the characters. You can play it in two modes (easy and advanced) If you decide for 'easy' then you get extra help, like e.g. you can tick off what you have done in a task list. Helps a great deal to stay focussed.
There's a lot of walking about involved, but I was quite amazed that I didn't get lost walking to places, they posted signs very well . Nancy is equipped with an alarm clock which can be set to any time you want her to wake up at and also at time and as often as you wish. This speeds up your game, otherwise you'll be waiting a long time for a new day to start. There are lots of puzzles to solve (from logical to testing your motoring skills), some are repetitive, but I didn't find them tedious. Obviously you have to gather lots of information, so talk to a lot of people and interact with them and lots of things to discover.
If you get stuck, then there are a few really good walkthroughs avavailable, I found one in form of video-clips really helpful, but only used it towards the end when I totally ran out of ideas on what to do. A game well worth the money

posted in Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek on Mar 16, 11 5:35 PM
I figured it out

SPOILER ALERT!!!

Well, when I got Isis to hold the rope tight in the tunnel leading to the right, I went back to the tunnel leading left. That's where the door to the Needle is. There I could insert the wolf-coin, but no other one, because it's not possible to get Isis to let go of the rope. (A command 'Let Go!' would've have been nice here). All attempts failing, I decided to go back to the lodge and have a sleep. Set the alarm and got up at 07:00 a.m. Then I went back to the hut and there was Isis . Went down the tunnels and gave the following commands to lift the other coin-slots at the door:

Moose: forward, left, left, paw, go
Pig: forward, forward, forward, jump, paw, go
Raccoon: forward, right, forward, jump, left, paw, go

Went back to the tunnel where the door leading to the needle (the left one) is, inserted the coins and pushed the door open

Really that simple

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator