Posts created by elvenstardragon

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside on Apr 27, 15 3:01 AM
I have no full screen either. No way of opening it up. Only close down button and minimise working. Had everything working on the Collectors Edition but decided just to go for Standard Edition. No facility in Options for full screen or wide screen.
I'm on Vista.

posted in House of 1000 Doors: Evil Inside on Apr 27, 15 2:56 AM
lynwil wrote:No full screen, desktop shows all around and hint button isn't lit so unable to use. Have uninstalled and reinstalled but no change. I'm on Windows 7 and have no problem with any other games. Help please.

posted in Animism: The Book of Emissaries on Apr 22, 15 3:27 AM
Thanks for that. Finally managed to move. Thing is, the game is so annoying and boring I'm not going any further. I give up.

posted in Animism: The Book of Emissaries on Apr 22, 15 3:23 AM
I had no text either. I also have trouble in options .It keeps changing dificulty. I set it at Easy and when I went back in it was on Normal when I went in again it had changed to Hard. This is a really annoying game. No hint button, putting things back on the desk with no explanation. I've given up.

posted in Animism: The Book of Emissaries on Apr 22, 15 1:22 AM
How are you supposed to get out of the drawer and back to the desk. There are no arrows and no hint button? I have clicked all over the screen but to no avail. It tells me I need to put things back on my desk but I can't get back out of the scene.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 14 4:13 AM
Well I've tried again to use the HAUNTED code and it still is'nt working. So BF you're losing out because I was wanting to order a few games and now I won't be ordering any. What a way to run a site and is no one from BF is monitoring this forum. Something has gone wrong with it today.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 14 2:30 AM
Thanks but already tried that 3 times. It did'nt work. Will try again later.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 14 1:35 AM
I'm having problems with todays promotion.
Why is the discount not working. I have put this game into my cart and then added other CE games and put in HAUNTED and its telling me it does'nt apply to anything in my cart. It is charging me full price for each CE additional game and SE price for this game.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Death Sentence Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 14 1:31 AM
Why is the discount not working. I have put this game into my cart and then added other CE games and put in HAUNTED and its telling me it does'nt apply to anything in my cart. It is charging me full price for each CE additional game and SE price for this game.

posted in Alice: Behind the Mirror on Aug 19, 14 3:20 PM
The options are a joke.Music On or Off, Sound On or Off and can't change the curser! My curser just wanders around so no buy for me not even with a CC.

posted in Hoyle Illusions Mahjongg on Aug 5, 14 3:40 AM
I have downloaded the 60 min. game and it's a HOG, but it's awful. It has no options, just sound, environment and system curser. It tells you what to do every time before you do something. You have to put up with instructions before you can do anything. It's very dark and if you click more than a couple of times in a HOG scene you're penalised. This is so bad, and all we get for TGT is a FTP game. I hate those games as they are not "free" at all. I would never ever play one.

Sorry BF no buy for me and if this keeps up there will be no more buys for me.

posted in Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir on Jul 29, 14 2:13 AM
Game downloaded fine but when I go to play the game only about a quarter of the game is visible on the right hand side. Because of this I have to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of game. Tried 3 or 4 times and it's the same each time, so no buy for me.

So many games with glitches, I can't be bothered anymore to jump through hoops to get it to work. You don't go to the shops and buy something and when you get it home expect to have to fix it!!!

posted in Witchcraft: The Lotus Elixir on Jul 29, 14 2:08 AM
Game downloaded fine but when I go to play the game only about a quarter of the game is visible on the right hand side. Because of this I have to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of game. Tried 3 or 4 times and it's the same each time, so no buy for me.

posted in The Other Side: Tower of Souls on Jul 16, 14 4:40 AM
Thankyou Pondprowler for starting this thread.
Great game and I bought it, but now my curser keeps disappearing. It's as if it goes behind something as I'm panning across the screen then it reappears again, but there's nothing to go behind. It is stopping me from putting my curser on some things. I'm using the system curser, and I'm using Vista on a PC. Everything is up to date.

posted in Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport on Jun 11, 14 5:25 AM
Tufty57 wrote:
elvenstardragon wrote:Yet another game with a glitch!

I had clicked the map and gone to the clairvoyants wagon when the hint button kept sending me to the same page in the journal, I could'nt understand why and then I got the skip button up but it did'nt work, then everything froze, except for the purple smoke and the watch (bottom left corner) which funnily enough are still moving?

I can't move anywhere or use anything in inventory, skip button is still up but not working. I had to Cont/Alt/Del to get out of the game.

Just a thought...

Did you give the Tarot Card to the Clairvoyant? I thought I was stuck at this point but that did the trick. Though you say you can't use inventory items...hmmm?

T57

I'm not stupid, I'm not stuck. The game is frozen. Can't use Menu, Hint , Inventory or Skip at top of screen. Nothing is working except Purple smoke and clock in lower left corner.
Have sent in report to BF.

This was posted in the Reviews:

Re lease post your REVIEWS for Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport here

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Jun 11, 14 5:04 AM
The game was OK as long as I was able to play it . . . Nice artwork, OK animation, passable voice acting, somewhat interesting collectables . . . I can't really comment on the plot, because I haven't finished the game . . . I can't finish the game, because like many here, it froze in the middle of game play . . . Given that, the game deserves three thumbs down . . .

posted in Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport on Jun 11, 14 2:10 AM
Yet another game with a glitch!

I bought this after 20min., but when I'd been playing for about 20min. the game froze. I had clicked the map and gone to the clairvoyants wagon when the hint button kept sending me to the same page in the journal, I could'nt understand why and then I got the skip button up but it did'nt work, then everything froze, except for the purple smoke and the watch (bottom left corner) which funnily enough are still moving?

I can't move anywhere or use anything in inventory, skip button is still up but not working. I had to Cont/Alt/Del to get out of the game.

I refreshed my screen and went back into the game but everything was just the same as I had left it. Nothing working. I had to Cont/Alt/Del to get out of the game again.

I'm running Vista on PC, and everything is up to date.

I'm getting really fed up of almost every game having something wrong with it. What happened to Quality Control? If I pay for a game I am entitled to, and expect a game that is playable without having to complain and then being expected to 'jump through hoops' to get it to work. That's not my job.

This site used to be such a reliable site but not now. I have lost four CC in the last couple of weeks because there were no games to use them on and when there is they're full of glitches.

posted in Haunted Hotel: Ancient Bane Collector's Edition on Jun 1, 14 3:40 AM
BereniceP wrote:My hint button just stopped working!

This has just happened to me too, but it can't just be those running Win.8 as I'm running Vista.
I'm so fed up with games not working. Almost every game this year (so far) that I've bought has had something wrong with it. This time I'm not going to moan about it, I'm asking for my money back because BF are just not listening.
I have a lot of Icons cluttering up my desktop that I'm waiting for updates for, that have been promised, (ie: where looking into it), but never come. I have lost 2 CC this week because there has not been any SE to use them on. The only ones were either SEs of CEs I had already bought or were so glitchy there was no point in buying them.
The annoying thing is I Beta tested this game and gave it a glowing report!!! How galling is that.

posted in Nancy Drew: Ghost of Thornton Hall on May 26, 14 1:45 AM
Robilyn wrote:Ugh no thanks. Why is this TGT? Nancy Drew is always a soft release. I am just putting this out there. Can you please release a quality HOG on Mondays. One that has not already been released as a CE. So that HOG lovers can also take advantage of the free punch. I looked back and in the past 3 months you have only released one HOG on Monday. And it didn't work. That was on a March 19, 2014. I am still waiting on a fix for that game. Thank you....

I agree. This game is at least a year old. If you go online you will see posts for walkthroughs from May 13th 2013. You can actually buy it for $9.99 on Amazon.com. So it's cheaper than here at BF. It is so old that it is no longer available on Amazon.co.uk. Why is it TGT. It should be Todays Game Tomorrow and tomorrow and 365 days tomorrow.
Things keep going from bad to worse at BF. They have broken all the conditions members signed up for. What's the point of paying to be a member just to get a game that is a year old as the TGT.
This holiday weekend has been a wash out as the only HOG was a game I have already got as a CE, and there was only a TMG on CE Thursday.
The only thing that's keeping me here these days is it's the only site that's (so far) safe to download from but I'll have to keep my fingers crossed on that one.
This time last year everything seemed to be great and now BF seems to be on a downward spiral. Everything seems to be going wrong. Rules changing, glitchy games and lack of new games.

posted in Hope Lake on May 21, 14 4:27 AM
Curser keeps disappearing or changing from system curser to plain curser. It disappeared completely in the first puzzle (animal figurines) and the fish just kept jumping around. Had to Ctrl/Alt/Del to get out of the game, and while I had the Task Manager up, and after I had pressed End Task two or three times, I was still getting sound? from the game, and the game was still on my Task Bar. I eventually got rid of it.

The game also takes a long while to change scene so moving through the game takes forever, and because it fades down and then up with each scene some instructions are lost as they have gone before the scene is light enough to see.

I'm afraid this is another glitchy game. I really can't be bothered anymore. There has'nt been a decent stand alone SE game to use my CCs on for ages. What's the point in collecting them if there are no games to use them on.

I'm fedup of binning them, and before someone tells me to give them to someone else, who deserves them more, (that happened last week on a Forum) I earned them so why should I give them away? I'm disabled. I don't smoke or drink and I only go out once a week to the shops. Playing games and reading are my only vices and I enjoy them.

posted in Black Rainbow on May 13, 14 12:52 AM
What year was this made? Or should I say what century (20th) maybe. Static pictures, basic graphics, no dialogue and movement limited. This is scraping the very bottom of the barrel. And yet another CC going to waste, very disapointed. Is'nt it supposed to be a 'new' game every day, so where did they find this.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator