Posts created by Linda_in_Aussie

posted in Dream Day Wedding Bella Italia on Jul 27, 14 6:55 PM
I loaded this game to my new computer to replay. Have played this game many times. When I got to the Almond orchard, I have put all the grapes into the barrel and cleared everything else but the game seems to have stalled. When I double-click the spigot to fill the jug nothing happens. Confirmed with the walkthrough to double check that this was the next step.
So has anyone idea please why I can't continue by pressing the spigot on the barrel as instructed? Has this happened to anyone else?

posted in Matchmaker: Curse of Deserted Bride on Apr 1, 14 9:53 AM
I missed that too and clicked for ages around the canape plate on the table. Then I noticed the canape sticks in the items bar but they were very feint. Hardly look like they are there unless you know what you're looking for. Once you've selected the sticks and take them to the table - the game continues.

posted in Escape the Museum 2 on Jun 15, 13 7:15 AM
I just discovered this game this week. I've been stuck at Level 10 Crown Apartments Fire Escape.

Spent so long trying to attach the wire to the pulleys. Checked the Walkthough and read almost every post on this forum relating to others who had same problem. Still frustration and almost tears I even uninstalled and re-installed the game!

Out of sheer desperation - I googled and found a solution from another website. (Don't be offended BFG but I really needed to move on in the game.)

This solution was saying to place the pulleys on the very left and very right of the top and bottom and then attach the wire and then attach the elephant to a noose that appeared on the left of the wires once attached. This was in contradiction to the walkthough and even what the "Old Man" said.

However HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY It worked instantly - meaning I could attach the wire straightaway and then the elephant and I could move on!!

Very very strange!

Hope this is helpful to others to have had same problem.

posted in The Scruffs: Return of the Duke on Mar 2, 12 10:37 PM
Uninstalling and then reinstalling the new version worked fine for me.

Took me back to the beginning of Chapter 9 that I had to replay but breezed through it - and with trepidation played the polished silver part - with success and finished the game easily.

Even replayed it to make sure everything worked although had a small problem with feeding the dog - had to fill the bowl 2 times before that worked. Hmm.

posted in Azada® : In Libro Collector's Edition on Nov 18, 11 3:41 PM
I'm really disappointed with this version of Azada.

I love puzzle games like the first 2 Azada games. I have credits so was really excited to use them for this CE version. After playing this one, it's nothing like the first 2. Major disappointment. So far only 1 puzzle - the chain link.

Spent most of the time moseying about collecting this, collecting that and then collecting MORE items for the inventory. Meanwhile I'm becoming a little confused ...so I go to the strategy guide to give me the clues I need where to navigate to next... and hoping to get my "puzzle fix".

So it's obviously an Adventure genre ... not a Puzzle Game as the first two that were so unique and fun!

For Adventure Game lovers for me who loves Puzzle Games

Does it get any better as the game goes on??

posted in Amanda Rose: The Game of Time on May 1, 11 12:47 AM
KATE60 wrote:too much faffing about for me in this game. dialog and captions boring pretty tedious game maybe ok for some but not me .

A new phrase I haven't heard before but like it - "faffing about" lol ... but that just about sums up the lame cartoony dialogue between the chapters.

But apart from that I like the game. On the fence at this time - good value as a DD or an event weekend discount or something.

The graphics are fantastic and the puzzles are unique.

It's just one of those games that's not an immediate buy but no reason not to buy it either.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Apr 16, 11 10:17 PM
Yeah, I replayed it again when I first got it because it was the first ... what I call a more "sophisticated" game ... I'd tried when I graduated to this kind of game after only playing straight HOGs. But haven't replayed it since. Don't really replay games much. Except of course puzzle type games like Hexalot or Gemsweeeper.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 16, 11 9:08 PM
After downloading this game 3 times which took so long, I'm biting the bullet and buying the CE version.

The built-in strategy guide will be useful too!

posted in Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse on Apr 16, 11 12:17 AM
I think I downloaded it as a DD & didn't find a chance to try it out but picked it up yesterday during the Spring Fever sale. Wouldn't have even minded if I'd paid full price for it!

Excellent easy going cute & fun game. Sure there was a lot of "hand-holding" but challenging enough though. I even got to like the fairy (even though initially I wanted to smash her with her own rock!) Fairies are supposed to be cute.

I liked the way the game flowed from room to room and not alot of going back and forth from one side of the castle to another - the essential objects were condensed to one part of the area.

The title puts it into the dark & eerie genre but it's far from that.

Yeah, I loved it!

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town on Apr 14, 11 9:24 PM
I've downloaded and played with minimal amount of glitches and I only have 12 or so minutes left.

Now I've just seen that the new update is still "glitchy". If I do reinstall it - do I get to play for another hour to make sure it works ok before I buy? I really want to buy the game but am reluctant at this stage only going by everyone's comments.

posted in Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 on Apr 10, 11 1:01 AM
I agree that this is the most frustrating puzzle I've ever tried (without the "skip" option that is).

One extra little hint is that once the line starts - it doesn't matter if you're not immediately behind it - keep following the line and if the "Oops..." message hasn't popped up - keep following the line until it finishes in the centre and you'll know that you're successful when the sauce appears on the pizza.

Continue to follow the yellow line 2 more times ... become easier I think.

posted in Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 on Apr 9, 11 10:50 AM
They're 5 of the Zodiac signs - match the animals with the relevant Zodiac symbol.

You need to find a number of valves randomly through the game.

posted in Insider Tales: The Stolen Venus 2 on Apr 9, 11 9:23 AM
i really liked this game. Took a while to really get into it but I perservered because I'm a fan of CI type games. Found it relatively easy to follow with a little help from the Walkthrough & the forums but everything falls into place as the game progresses on.

The graphics were clear, not too much useless dialogue and just enough hidden objects to find and puzzles to break it up.

With the current glut of HOGs around at the moment which seem to be nothing but searching through haunted houses, etc - I found it a refreshing change.

Not the best CI game I've played but enjoyable.

4/5 from me...

posted in Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua on Mar 29, 11 11:45 PM
This is is a fabulous game. Had it on my must buy list for ages & forgot all about it until I recently read about it in another forum. Why did I wait so long?

Refreshing game from HOGS which I'm almost over.

Storyline is cute and so are the graphics and the dialogue isn't all that annoying.

Hope there is a sequel too.

For those puzzle & strategy lovers like me... Love it !

posted in Hexalot on Mar 28, 11 4:32 AM
LogieBaby wrote:to froggie jones..................only one way to go on 21. left + up thru green....up thru yellow........down right thru yellow.......down left thru yellow......up left thru red..................up right thru red...................down thru red....................up left to the castle. U se your multis carefully as they are the keys. start with a multi on the
2 greens then use any color. the 2 purple colors are useless as are the blues unless you combine them properly with multis. this pattern is tough the first time out but it's not that hard.

Yep... that worked for me too ... finally... after countless times of trying!! .

Thanks for the tip

posted in The Serpent of Isis: Your Journey Continues on Mar 16, 11 6:15 AM
This game really gives me grief. I can't get into it, the storyline doesn't make any sense and I'm forever having to go back and check the blog walkthrough. I usually do this with most games but not as often as I've had to with this one. Basically, I find it an irritating game to play and can't explain why.

Don't like it either that hints run out instead of recharging. One of the few games I've bought after playing the download and then not enjoyed and don't want to finish it. Bad choice for me this time.

Regretful buy (which happens)

Off to play Queen of Spades... that's a better game.

posted in Gotcha: Celebrity Secrets on Feb 27, 11 7:03 PM
I think it's a really cute game and a refreshing light hearted break... not to be taken seriously or compared to IHOGS or sophisticated adventure games.

Seems to have no tech issues

It's a great value DD buy for sure!!

[ Reminds me alot of the Sunset Studios series which I'm surprised that BFG have never picked up. These were one of the first games I came across 18 months ago that led me to search for more games online and eventually finding BFG. ]

posted in Eternal Night: Realm of Souls on Feb 18, 11 3:13 PM
Another game with issues that I believe need to be repaired by the developers.

After only minutes of play the curser froze and had to reset my laptop 2 times until it was back to normal.

Straight into my "no buy" list with the note "dodgy" next to it!

posted in World Mosaics 4 on Feb 13, 11 7:42 PM
Good game but a little too easy for me especially after playing Gemsweeper - which is one of my favourite puzzle type games.

That's my personal opinion as I haven't played other versions of World Mosiacs.

On the positive - it's great that there don't seem to be any technical issues.

Recommended for all puzzle lovers but a no buy for me.

posted in Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus on Feb 12, 11 10:48 AM
This is an excellent unique game. At first I found it bewildering & stopped playing just because I was stuck and didn't know where to go or what to do.

After going back to it I discovered the concept of the map.

Interesting story line and different kind of game. The puzzles aren't all easy but challenging.

Some of the objects are small and not well defined but the good old hint button charges quickly. But the background scenes are great.

One of the better games I've played for quite a while.

Great value.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator