Posts created by PTSuusje

posted in City of Fools on Jun 10, 13 12:31 PM
I think this is a technical problem as I see that other people have had the same thing happen to them. I uninstalled and reinstalled, as suggested, but it hasn't helped. It's the last thing left on my list!

posted in City of Fools on Jun 10, 13 11:19 AM
I completed the photograph and I think I gave it to the ghost. It's vanished, anyway so I have got nothing to give to Schultzman for the transparency potion. What do I do now?

posted in Echo: Secret of the Lost Cavern on Apr 17, 12 6:56 AM
Me too. The stone on the extreme right makes no sound and I don't get the 'hotspot' animation either. I have found the extra two stones on the scaffold but it's the same story, stone nr 7 makes no sound. Also some of the stones do make a sound but do not make a leg move. Tried closing game, starting afresh, nothing helps, fed up with it. And I also did not get any wolves, so I wonder what else is going to go wrong.

posted in Fear For Sale: Mystery of McInroy Manor on Jan 24, 12 6:18 AM
It's not expensive at 2.99 I suppose but I'm not keen to buy it. Awful **** scenes, thought the typed list looked old-fashioned, can't skip the talking or ghost scenes, dark, dirty, dingy feel to the whole thing. And it's so small on my screen I thought I must have the windowed version by mistake but no, it was fullscreen and only just over half of my 15in laptop. Also that's the weirdest looking rat I've ever seen!

posted in 9: The Dark Side on Jan 17, 12 4:15 AM
2 minutes after sending got sudden brainwave and found it!

posted in 9: The Dark Side on Jan 17, 12 4:03 AM
I don't have a glowing 9 in the wall by the knights to put my lion statuette onto. I've even had to look at the walkthrough this time and I know I've done all the rest in the dungeon and I now need to get through the knights' door to proceed. The broken vase is now inaccessible.

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Oct 13, 11 10:06 AM
I thought it was a very good game, well worth the money. Good enough graphics, interesting scenes to work out, good HOGS just complicated enough, puzzles the same and very varied. Not too much traipsing around and a logical progress through it all. The stories and music of these games are pretty much standard so I don't pay too much attention to those. The eyes and tentacles were pretty creepy but didn't put me off. No technical problems whatsoever. I personally would recommend this game without hesitation.

posted in Margrave Manor 2: The Lost Ship on Sep 10, 11 9:08 AM
It's OK. We're used to so much better nowadays, I suppose. I like the English voices, they talk just like I do! But those endless Hogs - do the writers of these games pass on their programmes on to each other to save themselves the trouble of writing something new? - wrench (or pipe wrench), oil lamp, crowbar, hiking boots, pliers, hammers and on it goes - just a huge turnout of the parents' dusty garage with the addition of a few skulls and reptiles.

posted in Sacra Terra: Angelic Night on Sep 7, 11 11:33 AM
I am quite enjoying the game, good graphics and well thought out. Puzzles are too easy, you can get them straight away. Would prefer them to be a bit more challenging. Also too much handholding 'I need something to smash this down', lo and behold two screens later a sledgehammer appears, or you get a glasscutter and in the next room surprise surprise 'this window seems to be stuck maybe I can cut the glass' etc. You don't say... I would prefer the scenes to close up completely when I have finished with them. If they stay open you waste time wandering through them again on the off chance you have missed something. But it's certainly good value for money and keeping me busy for a long time.

posted in Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy on Aug 18, 11 8:06 AM
Just finished the game and quite enjoyed it. My first Nancy Drew large file game. It was slow starting, with an awful lot of listening to the characters talking and explaining things (characters are very well drawn, btw, took me right back to the backstabbing boarding school days!) but it picked up so be patient. I dipped into it over a few days. Graphics great, puzzles and games interesting. It's a good story with a few interesting twists at the end. You do really have to keep to the order of events fairly well; for instance, I opened the drawer in the library almost on my first visit but for ages there was nothing much inside it. I kept going back but it wasn't until after lots more puzzles and stages in the game that something relevant turned up. The same with the cutlery game, which incidentally was very fiddly and difficult to see. Also I got pretty fed up with going up and down stairs, round passages and corners, I must have lost kilo's..!! Didn't like the photo sessions, you have to do them all wrong once before finding out that there are strict parameters, seemed a pointless frustration to me. Loved the US states game, have often tried to memorise them (as a non-American) but this is a great help.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Aug 10, 11 3:00 PM
Just finished it, well worth 2.99. I don't play the music anyway so didn't notice there wasn't any. Enjoyed the text comments, quite humorous, specially if you clicked on the same thing twice unnecessarily. Interesting puzzles and loads of them. I had no technical problems at all. For me this is a really great game, one of your best, thanks for putting it on the DD.

posted in Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure on Aug 7, 11 3:13 PM
Bought the game for 2.99 and quite like it as it's simple and relaxing. I've played all the screens except for the very last gauntlet one, however, because the curtain won't open for me. Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Jul 22, 11 5:22 AM
Everything OK now, started as normal this time. Glad not to miss the story at the beginning, it all makes sense now!

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Jul 22, 11 4:53 AM
I've never played this game, not the demo either. I have played the other Drawn game so after reading the reviews I went and bought this one straight away. However when I went to start it this morning it asked me to set up a profile as usual and promptly started right at chapter three! I already had quite a few things in my inventory too. I seem to have downloaded someone else's game - very confusing! I'm going to make a new profile now and see what happens.

posted in The Fall Trilogy: Chapter 1 on Jul 9, 11 5:06 AM
Sorry, didn't much like this one. Awkward to get about with the up, down and round about directions, don't like the scenes so dark either. Main character a bit of a moaner, although the hints he gave were OK. But just as I was getting going and got out of the temple after a couple of hours the game finished! That's all there is, and I thought I was on the first level and about to progress. Very disappointing.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on Jul 4, 11 3:20 PM
Bonus stuff OK, but really more of the same. Found the puzzles too easy, specially the iron door ones, not much thought required. And the iron door was right the other side of the town, involving a lot of clicking and traipsing about. The sniper was a nice touch, though, had me stumped for a moment! In the game itself (but not in the bonus) I used the strategy guide a few times, I am in two minds about it. It's a bit TOO handy sometimes, like looking up crossword puzzle answers instead of thinking first. However, other games I sometimes have to quit completely to get to the walkthrough so it was good not to have to do that.

posted in Mystery Trackers: Raincliff Collector's Edition on Jul 4, 11 12:02 PM
I liked this game and can't really fault it but it's long and after a while it did get a bit samey and predictable. I read someone else's post that they needed 10 mins to download but mine took a whopping 14 hours and kept timing out - not BFG's fault I'm sure as I live halfway up a mountain with a tel wire strung from tree to tree from the nearest habitation. My connection is max 4mb although that's usually enough since there's nobody to share it with. The next morning, when I finally activated it and started to play, the **** scene where I had stopped in the demo froze instantly. The Help info suggested downloading again - no thanks! I just started again with a new profile and all was fine. It doesn't seem a game to play more than once, though. Once you know where everything is and what to do, that's it really. Going to try the bonus stuff now to see what that's like.

posted in Mystery Case Files: Return to Ravenhearst ™ on Jun 30, 11 9:25 AM
Just finished the game and liked it a lot. Only a couple of minor grouches that other people have also mentioned - hints took a long time to reload, and often searching for the same old objects in the scenes. Also the short films at some of the links didn't load properly and the screen froze, so I had to ctrl/alt/del to get out and open the game up again. But I liked nearly all of the puzzles, though I could have done with a nudge in the right direction sometimes. I needed the walkthrough twice as I didn't spot the gingerbread house at all.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Jun 24, 11 7:41 AM
It looks like those four asterisks in my text stood for a swear word but I actually wrote 'hidden object' in abbreviated form!

posted in Hidden Expedition: Amazon ™ on Jun 24, 11 7:39 AM
Played Devil's Triangle a few days ago and was annoyed at slow download, crashing pc, sticking tiles. But still in hope I tried the demo of Amazon and I could choose full screen in the options, but in the full version can't get full game on the screen whatever I do. And the download was just as slow as DT. I wouldn't have bought it if I had known, there are so many great games on Big Fish without any problems why bother with the annoying ones. Anyway, Amazon is OK but so far there's no story at all, just one **** screen after another, and the puzzles are nothing like as good as the ones in Devil's Triangle, which I enjoyed in spite of the glitches.
Why isn't there a thread with comments and reviews?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator