Posts created by bfgfan25

posted in Phantasmat: Mournful Loch Collector's Edition on Apr 14, 17 11:04 PM
Was there a spider? Please let me know.

Pretty early on in the game, a giant spider jumps out at you. It happens in a location you've already been to. I screamed so loudly it sounded like I was being assaulted. I haven't gone much further, so I don't know if it reappears.

posted in Cadenza: Havana Nights Collector's Edition on Mar 20, 16 4:25 PM
Way too linear for me. Too linear = boring.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 2, 15 9:06 AM
I played the game on the easiest mode and made the "safe" choices. I don't feel like replaying the whole game (although I loved it), but I'm wondering what happens if you make "wrong" choices.

posted in Maze: Subject 360 Collector's Edition on Aug 1, 15 5:39 AM
KBEAR2045, you can customize the difficulty level and make puzzles skippable.

In short, I LOVE this game!

posted in Beyond: Light Advent Collector's Edition on Jul 27, 15 6:12 PM
What I like about it is that it's a different and unique story that drew me in. What I don't like is that it's pretty linear, which makes the gameplay boring. Also, the "custom" setting included a mandatory misclick penalty. We should be able to customize that as well.

posted in Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville Collector's Edition on Jul 17, 15 3:39 PM
It looked real enough to give me a panic attack.

posted in Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville Collector's Edition on Jul 10, 15 6:03 PM
Thank you, majageorge.

posted in Phantasmat: The Dread of Oakville Collector's Edition on Jul 9, 15 10:35 PM
Spoiler:

At the very end of the main game, there's an enormous spider that you have to battle a few times (thankfully through skipable (puzzles). My arachnophobia is off the charts and it nearly made me pass out. I wish I'd been warned about it beforehand, so I'm warning my fellow arachnophobes. I'm afraid to play the bonus game in case I encounter that thing again...

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Dark Throne Collector's Edition on Jul 5, 15 1:31 PM
I also can't take the scepter in star valley. Please fix the problem or give us refunds.

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Dark Throne Collector's Edition on Jul 5, 15 1:29 PM
Same here. Frustrating.

posted in Witches' Legacy: The Dark Throne Collector's Edition on Jul 3, 15 7:44 PM
I don't always mind helpers, but the imp is by far my least favorite.

posted in Haunted Legends: The Dark Wishes Collector's Edition on May 7, 15 10:52 PM
I seem to have lower standards than many of the members here, but this was dreadfully boring even for me. Judging by the last few ERS games, it seems the devs are trying to cure insomnia. They might be onto something.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 15 1:41 PM
You also said "it will freeze your computer," which obviously wasn't true for everyone. I appreciate that you were trying to help, though.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 15 1:00 AM
Well said, Dark_Promise and troischats.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 25, 15 4:52 PM
steve_san, not all men dislike cats and bunnies.

I'm enjoying the game. There's nothing original about the storyline, but I like games where you can switch back and forth between worlds. Good graphics, all around fun.

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 24, 15 9:13 PM
I agree with Valdy. I haven't had any problems with it.

posted in Phantasmat: The Endless Night Collector's Edition on Jan 10, 15 9:35 PM
Overall, I really liked it. Even though it's the same basic story we've seen a million times, the details were unique enough to keep me interested. I was genuinely surprised by the ending. My only complaints are that the graphics weren't up to Eipix's usual standard, and one of the characters' last names (also my last name) was pronounced incorrectly. But that's just a tiny nitpick.

posted in Mysteries of the Mind: Coma Collector's Edition on Nov 4, 12 1:23 AM
Briefly coming back out of lurkdom to say I really like the storyline and am surprised to see such negative comments. Psychological drama/thriller is my favorite genre and I wish more games would follow in this vein rather than the supernatural. And yes, I have experienced loss and grief.

Aside from the storyline, the game itself isn't anything special. The graphics are just okay and the H0s are junkpile and sometimes small and hard to find, though the hint refills quickly in casual mode. There's no map, but if you click the hint button outside a H0 scene, you can jump directly to where you need to go. If the game were better quality, I'd get the CE. As it is, I'm waiting for the SE.

ETA: My post was also supposed to be after cbtx's.

I LOVE THIS GAME! I haven't finished it yet, but these are my thoughts so far:

Positives
It's done by my favorite developer
It's a psychological mystery, which is my favorite genre
The map lets you jump to locations
I'm not a detective for once

Negatives
There's a large mechanic spider on a door
The H0 scenes aren't interactive
I'd rather be delving into my own mind than someone else's

The negatives are just little nitpicks. Overall, I give this game an A.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator