Posts created by desktopgaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Dec 27, 16 7:52 AM
If cards are locked like that, you need to use an inventory item. Click on the inventory item and drag/drop it onto one of the locked cards.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Oct 26, 16 3:23 PM
Hello!

In challenge mode you're given a series of goals at the start of each level. The goals are:

* cash
* diamonds
* combos

You need to pass ALL of those goals to complete the level.

Thanks for your comments. Max Stone was based on a blend of Philip Marlowe and Frank Drebin. But I'll take the Frank Lovejoy reference.

Crime Solitaire 3: It's coming, but it's a distance off yet. I've sort of been sidetracked with other things. Hoping for early-to-mid 2017.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on May 16, 16 6:19 AM
Hello Glitteryfish person!

The other card sets serve no purpose other than to look different. They're kind of like the in-app purchases that normally plague "free" mobile games, only you don't have to spend any actual money of your own to get them.

The levels in Challenge Mode are meant to be borderline fiendish - even more so as you progress. You'll likely find that once you've completed a super-difficult level, the following one might actually be slightly easier to give your brain a break. The targets for each level were determined from the results of dozens of play-throughs by the testers, that were logged and sent to me during development.

Hopefully, getting $11,598 out of the needed $12,000 will make you say to yourself "just one more go, and I can have this!". But I guess you've said that about 98 times already....

As for five-peaks, your only aim there is to remove as many cards as possible, as quickly as possible whilst getting as high a score as possible. There are no power ups, no special cards, no money needed.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on May 12, 16 10:15 AM
Thanks for your comments.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Feb 18, 16 12:32 PM
Oh hi,

It's a bit late in the day to be updating Crime Solitaire 2 unless it's for a critical, show-stopping problem, but the Five Peaks Challenge will be returning in Crime Solitaire 3 so I'll add a 'restart' button to that.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Sep 23, 15 11:57 AM
Hello

Maybe you have an item in your inventory (bottom-right) that you can drag/drop onto the locked cards?

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Sep 1, 15 2:41 PM
Hi again,

When you drag the item from your inventory, make sure you put the mouse pointer over the red pin - not the bubble with the actual item in it.

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 21, 15 1:50 PM
Hello,

At that stage of the game, you're probably carrying more items than can be shown on screen at once, so try clicking on the arrows at either end of the inventory to scroll through and see if you have anything that might be of use.

HTH

Dave
DesktopGaming

posted in Crime Solitaire on May 31, 15 11:03 AM
Hi

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - missed your thread until just now. I don't check the forums as often as I should lately.

Just wondering - was it you that emailed me about this recently? Either way I'll re-post the solution below for anybody else that might find themselves with the same problem.

Disclaimer: Please follow instructions carefully, and don't make any changes or delete any files if you are less than 100% absolutely sure about what you're doing. The links below are correct at the time of posting, but may change in future or disappear completely. Anything you change on your PC is at your own risk.

It sounds like something is corrupted in the game's saved data - maybe there's been an earlier version of the game installed at some point (it was originally released 2011 and there's been a few updates since). So you can try to delete the game's saved data. In Windows XP you'll find the saved game data in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Desktop Gaming - find the "Crime Solitaire" folder in there, and just delete it.

If you don't see the Application Data folder (it's hidden by default) you will need to change a Windows setting. Instructions on doing that can be found here: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windowsxp/ht/showhiddenfiles.htm

After that, restart the game and you should be good to go.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on May 19, 15 1:11 PM
Ed (and Linda) did an awesome job with the voices. My favourite character I think is Hal Weaver (the newsreader guy). His lines were loads of fun to write and he's sort of a spin-off of the whole premise of the first Crime Solitaire.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Jan 19, 15 5:13 AM
Hi lilyr,

Make sure that your mouse pointer is over the red icon, NOT the object/bubble.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Sep 16, 14 12:45 PM
Hi gimmegames,

You may not be aware but there are a few shortcuts. If you're on the map screen and want to buy wildcards, click on the wildcard icon at the bottom of the screen. Likewise, if you want bullets, click on the ammo clip. Etc.

You'll be taken into the shop, and right to where you want to be.

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Sep 3, 14 1:02 PM
Hello nontechiegrannie,

First off, you've completed story mode. Which is why you can't go any further. There is an end-of-game sequence, but a bug meant that it didn't play if you got to the final level then quit out of the game and return to it later.

I did release an update to fix this (and several other changes) less than two weeks after the original release - but I know of a few people who apparently didn't get informed of the update via Big Fish Game Manager, which I gather is what usually happens (I don't have control over that side of things).

The update is detailed in a thread at the top of the Crime Solitaire 2 forum and was released over three weeks ago - I'm really sorry you didn't get informed of it thru Game Manager - hopefully someone from Big Fish will be along shortly to talk you through getting the update if Game Manager hasn't done it by itself. Or you could email support - they're really good and quick at this stuff.

Thanks for playing. Oh, and if you'd like to know what happened to the gang at the end of the game and don't want to play through it all again after getting the update to find out, drop me a private message and I'll fill in the blanks.

Dave
Desktop Gaming
(programmer, Crime Solitaire 2)

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 25, 14 2:51 AM
Use the left/right arrows at either side of your inventory to see your other items.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 23, 14 8:54 AM
Hello dancebear

Try clicking the small arrows at either end of your inventory - there may be more than one page of items available (the inventory can only show you six items at a time).

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 18, 14 3:03 PM
Hello EZTAYLOR13,

Highlight below for a lil hint about the flashlight.

You aren't doing anything wrong - you just didn't get to the point where you find the battery yet.

There are two locations (the houses) that you have to complete in semi-darkness, without the flashlight. Those two levels are there to emphasise the fact that a) you have a flashlight you can actually switch on and off, and b) you need to find a new battery for it.

Some levels later on are very dark, and you *will* find the battery before you really need it.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 12, 14 6:59 AM
Hi moggies,

Bright yellow pins are unplayed levels.
Pale yellow pins are levels which you've played, but not completed with 3 stars.
Green pins = completed; no need to play again unless you really want to.
Red pins = need an inventory item to unlock.

If you have tutorial mode enabled, it will explain the colors to you as they appear.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 12, 14 2:58 AM
Just to clarify, in story mode you will visit certain locations several times, Police HQ and the hospital, for example. While the location may be the same, the level you play at that location will always be unique.

You're playing to complete the story - not to visit every location on the map.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

[Edit] oh, in case you missed or skipped the tutorial, some info on map pin colors:

Yellow - unvisited location
Pale yellow - visited but incomplete
Green - completed with 3 stars
Red - locked. Inventory item needed.

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 11, 14 11:37 AM
Hi amy666,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this.

I don't want to give anything away to people who might not want to know, so highlight the area below for a hint about the flashlight/battery.

Without giving too much away, some locations are very dark. Some, such as the first two you've encountered, are only slightly dark, but not so dark that it prevents you playing them without the flashlight. These two levels are really just to draw your attention to the fact that you have a flashlight which you can actually switch on and off (and of course, that the battery is dead).

There are some extremely dark levels later on, and I promise you, you *will* find the flashlight battery before you REALLY need it. When you find it, just drag/drop the battery onto the flashlight, and you're good to go.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Desktop Gaming

posted in Crime Solitaire 2: The Smoking Gun on Aug 8, 14 6:38 AM
Hi Sherryah,

The skip button is at the top-right of the level results screen (so you must always make at least one attempt on a level).

The button is disabled until you've had three attempts. There's then a 15-second delay before the button enables to encourage "just one more try". After that, the skip feature is immediately available from the level results screen for all future attempts at that level.

You can also buy a Skip Token in the store, which allows you by-pass all of the above and skip the level immediately after your first [failed] attempt.

Dave
Desktop Gaming

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator