Posts created by TnTexas

posted in Crazy Heights on Aug 10, 17 10:00 AM
to go back to the first building and playing those first few levels over and over again for extra money so I can buy the maximum number of helpers in the higher levels. It's slow going; but so far, it's allowing me to creep along.

Fourth: Escape from Oz.

posted in Dark Parables: Queen of Sands Collector's Edition on Aug 29, 15 12:03 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority here. I'm enjoying the game and don't find it to be very different at all from the games where Blue Tea was in charge. I think Eipix is doing a good job with keeping the feel pretty consistent with the others.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Aug 20, 15 12:44 PM
Theorem wrote:Looks like FTP games were not so profitable on the long term, uh?!

I think FTP games work best in the mobile atmosphere (smartphones and maybe tablets). Have a little bit of time on your hands while you're waiting at an appointment? Open up the game and play a bit. Regular casual gamer playing on a PC/Mac and/or laptops? I think that group expect to be able to buy and complete a game - not keep adding bits and pieces to one.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 23, 15 5:17 PM
Too little, too late.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Feb 17, 15 12:24 PM
LifeforceOne wrote:Never before have I seen a slower or more painful death than the demise of Dark Manor...

Agreed.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 30, 15 11:16 AM
You could just stop playing for now and check back in once or a month or so to see if anything new has been added. That's pretty much what I'm doing.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 10, 15 11:08 AM
Unfortunately not.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 8, 15 10:00 AM
The only suggestion that has a possibility of helping is to play them as often and as long as you can. The more times you play, the more chances you have of winning one. I won the majority of mine at times when I played the slots while binge watching a show on Netflix.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Jan 8, 15 9:57 AM
No one knows if/when another is coming.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 29, 14 6:46 PM
seasun wrote:Thanks so much for the response bfgMurrumbidgee (what does that mean?!?!?!get the bfg part but for the rest I am clueless)

According to Wikipedia, Murrumbidgee is a river in New South Wales, Australia. At 994 miles, it's the second longest river in Australia. I think the formula for all of the moderators names are bfg + the name of a river somewhere in the world.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 26, 14 8:09 PM
tinydancer112 wrote:I guess I just don't understand why DM would want to lose faithful players.

Because faithful players cost them more in the long run in terms of development. Short term players don't cost nearly as much since you can keep recycling things and don't have to spend as much on new development. That's where the emphasis seems to be in mobile social media games, which is what DM started out as - short term players.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 24, 14 8:48 AM
I gather gifts from and send gifts to neighbors. I burn the energy I have by going back and filling all the vials I missed the first time through. Sometimes I check for new items and sometimes a move things around just a bit on my manor. Honestly though, I'm not nearly as invested in the game as I was.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 23, 14 12:28 PM
judi25 wrote:The gifts are the energy and silver. The other items are an opportunity to buy at a reduced price, not given to but sold to those who don't already have them.

Then don't mention it in the Advent Calendar pop-up as though it were a gift. It's as simple as that.

At least BF was trying to do something nice for the majority of their players.

Agreed, but good PR standards require you to remember minority groups of customers whenever possible as well. In this case, all it would have taken would have been to either up the maximum number of items allowed by 1 or simply not advertise those sales as being part of the Advent Calendar gifts.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 23, 14 12:23 PM
eli173 wrote: But I get really upset when such things happen all the time.

I think this is the source of a lot of the irritation. The few of us who have stuck with the game during the past year have seen things like this happen over and over and over and over and over ......... and over again. If this were a one time occurrence, we probably wouldn't be as frustrated. But it isn't. It's become an everyday occurrence practically. And we find that both frustrating and sad.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 23, 14 11:43 AM
judi25 wrote:Do you get upset when the grocery store offers porterhouse steak for 12.99 a pound and you still can't afford it? Do you get upset with the grocery store if they offer Crest half price and your family will only use Close Up? Do you get upset if Penney's offers a sale on jeans and you already have 15 pair and don't need any more? Do you get upset with Foot Locker if they offer a sale on one brand and you only wear another brand?

No, but I would get a bit miffed if a store appeared to offer a GIFT to everyone who came through the doors - only to find out once I was in the store that the gift that was supposedly being offered to everyone was really only being offered to those who didn't come through the door last year. If you did come through the door last year? Too bad for you.

As I said elsewhere, I don't have a problem with DM offering sales that I can't take advantage of because I've already maxed out on the sale item. I do think it's bad form, though, to advertise the item as a gift to everyone and then not allow all players to take advantage of it - especially since everything being offered so far is recycled from last year. That's only penalizing those who have been loyal enough to hang around for the last 12 months.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 22, 14 3:54 AM
As of 5:50 in the morning CST, I believe the paths were selling at 8 pieces for 45 gold still way too rich for my blood. I did buy a Capricorn statue even though it wasn't on sale. Butfor less than half the price of what the paths are selling for now, I at least got a large statue for my money instead of 8 small squares that aren't really enough to much of a path at all.

ETA: THE ABOVE IS WRONG!!!!!!! VERY, VERY WRONG!!!!!!!!!! That's what I get for only glancing at the item instead of really studying it. Sorry about that. The number eight that I saw was for the amount of juju the item gives you. So they expect you to pay 45 pieces of gold for 1 item that only gives you 8 juju. Talk about pricing yourself out of a market!

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 21, 14 12:33 PM
eli173 wrote:For those who have lots of silver and no space, the snow angels are the best source of juju per square (about 8,000!) and beat the gardens (only some 3,500/sq.). Unfortunately, those who have lots of silver usually don't need juju- sigh.

Thank you for mentioning this! I may have plenty of silver; but whenever a new chapter opens, I still seem to be lacking in juju. Probably because I don't have my grounds stuffed to the absolute brim. I have a ton of the gardens to help open up a new chapter (should we ever see another one) But I have to clear out space for them since they take up so much space. I shouldn't have to do that with the snow angels, though, since they can fit in around what I already have on the grounds. I wouldn't have thought of looking at it on a square by square basis, so I'm very glad you mentioned it. Thanks!

And for those who may wonder what I did when I first compared the two (because the advantage wasn't clear to me at first), the Garden of Lurve gives you more juju per item -- 13,000+ for one garden vs the 8,000+ you get from one snow angel. But it is a 2x2 item so it takes up 4 squares on your grounds. Whereas the snow angel is a 1x1 item and only takes up 1 square. So it takes 4 snow angels to cover the same space a garden covers, but you wind up with 32,000+ juju instead of 13,000+ - and you can split them and spread them out over your grounds instead of having to have 4 contiguous squares available. Definitely the better buy if you can afford it.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 19, 14 8:51 AM
LadyLavander wrote:I think they offered the 50 energy with Ruddie so those who had him already didn't miss out on a gift

I'm sure they did. But that doesn't change the fact that new players are able to take advantage of two gifts, while players who were around last Christmas and bought Rudolph then are only able to take advantage of one.

Had they simply run a sale on Rudolph and not tied it in with the Advent Calendar, it wouldn't have left such a bad taste in my mouth. I have no problem with them running sales on the attractions and walkers, even though I'm maxed out all of them and those sales don't help me at all. That's the just price one pays for sticking around as long as I have and being impulsive enough to buy them all when the opportunities arose.

But to offer your players a gift for playing that your most loyal players can't take advantage of? That's just bad form. Hey, Everyone! Thanks for playing! Here are a couple of gifts for you because we appreciate you so much. You long-term players who have stuck with us through a plethora of bugs and glitches? Sorry, but you only get one of these gifts if you already have a Rudolph.

posted in Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery on Dec 19, 14 7:02 AM
I have two - one on my desktop and one on a notebook (a laptop, only smaller). I only play the one on my desktop, though. The one on the notebook is just for giving gifts to myself. I don't have the patience to develop more than one.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator