Posts created by BlueOctober

posted in Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 15 11:42 AM
It's still not working for me and I just bought the game yesterday (6/29).

posted in Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 15 8:14 AM
Never mind. Apparently there is a very particular spot on both the grill and the tea maker that you have to tap and then wait for Emily to fix it.

posted in Delicious: Emily's Home Sweet Home Collector's Edition on Jun 30, 15 8:05 AM
I completed this level (between 47 & 48) with more than enough for the gold star but it said I didn't complete it. Any hints?

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 12, 12 6:10 AM
You get it through one of the quests that the natives ask you to do...i don't recall which one, but if you work through your quests (at the bottom of the screen) eventually you'll get it.

posted in The Promised Land on Jul 12, 12 6:09 AM
You have to build a laboratory and then study until you have enough research points to buy it. I picked two people and then left them in the lab for the entire game. They eventually become 5 star scientists and really burn through the research points. Looking back, though...I wish I had put three there instead of just two.

posted in Antique Road Trip 2: Homecoming on Jun 23, 12 3:57 AM
Yeah, me too. I was a little disappointed that there weren't more upgrades and things to add to the shop. The game just ended....weird.

posted in Curse at Twilight: Thief of Souls on May 23, 12 9:37 AM
I just finished this game and really enjoyed it, but I did have a couple of complaints.

1) The hint function is almost worthless. Which was really frustrating for me because I kept hoping it would work better, but it didn't.

2) The controls were a bit clunky and took longer than normal to resume game play after a cut scene.

Other than that..I thoroughly enjoyed the game and I did appreciate the map where you could just jump to another scene without having to hit the down arrow a hundred times. I wish more games would incorporate that!

All in all...I'd say 3 1/2 - 4 stars!

posted in Twisted Lands: Shadow Town on Oct 27, 11 10:53 AM
I know I'm a little (ok..a lot) late to this party but I just played the game and wanted to throw my two cents into the mix.

The storyline was pretty interesting, and I don't find a lot of them interesting anymore. The graphics are ok....maybe 3.5 out of 5 for me.

I liked that the hidden objects weren't ridiculous to find...I think during the entire game I only needed the hint for two items, and I'm glad I used it because I NEVER would have found them.

I did, however, use the hint a LOT when trying to figure out where to go next. This was a lifesaver for me because there's already ENOUGH back and forth in this game without trying to guess at where to go next.

In fact, that was my main negative about this game....the whole "find one object, then go to the other scene to get another object, then go right back to where you were to use that object, but oh wait...you need one more thing in another scene" thing. That drives me nuts. I prefer a game to have more flow.

But, overall....this was a fun game to play and I'm glad I played it.

posted in Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker on May 3, 11 8:59 AM
I had this same problem! I ended up having to create a new account and start over. The first time I tried to play in Challenge Mode, the second time I played in Normal mode and it worked fine.

I'm not sure if that was the issue, but I was able to complete the game without another problem the second time around.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 11, 11 8:27 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed this game! It was a good long game - I probably spent 7 or 8 hours on it, over the course of a few days. I played in Expert mode because I like more of a challenge. I needed the hint button maybe 10 times through the entire game.

The storyline was interesting and the game was complex. Towards the end of the game I found myself becoming so impressed that there were MORE places to explore! The developers did not skimp on this game...except for the grammar in a few places, but I can look past that.

Fun, fun game! 9 out of 10 for me!

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 11, 11 8:20 AM
That was only one scene in the entire game. I just finished the game and I absolutely loved it! It's a great length and very fun!

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 11, 11 8:18 AM
At the bottom, middle of the dollhouse ship, you will see the footprints to leave it.

posted in The Treasures of Mystery Island: The Ghost Ship on Apr 11, 11 8:17 AM
Look at the puzzle that shows the three butterflies. Then, go to the wall where you placed the butterflies that you had collected, each one has a corresponding number. The butterfly that matches the one on the puzzle is the number you want.

posted in Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story on Mar 28, 11 2:50 PM
I definitely agree! That is one of my big pet peeves, too...so it was nice to see a game handle it properly!

I really enjoyed this game a lot!

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 21, 11 7:01 AM
If you like puzzle/**** games and vampires, you'll probably enjoy this one. The story line was based on the novels by Charlaine Harris. I found this to be a fun game. Not overly long.....I guess I spent about 4 or 5 hours on it, total. But, I only accessed the walk thru once or twice.

I know a lot of people were upset that it just stops and doesn't "finish" the story. But, if you know that going in it shouldn't be such a shock.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 21, 11 6:59 AM
I definitely enjoyed this game. I didn't have any loading issues, like others have mentioned. Except for the very last cut scene, which was super slow. The rest of the game behaved very well and I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Not too many **** scenes, which I appreciated. Those get annoying after awhile. Graphics were good. Storyline was great. I liked it! Looking forward to the next chapter.

posted in Aztec Tribe: New Land on Mar 18, 11 8:32 AM
Yep, you get awards in this game, too.

posted in Aztec Tribe: New Land on Mar 18, 11 8:31 AM
If I remember correctly, you have to build another altar and then upgrade it in order to get enough luck.

I hope that helps!

posted in Aztec Tribe: New Land on Mar 17, 11 10:13 AM
I have mixed reviews about this game. At first, I was frustrated because there wasn't much of a tutorial to speak of, so there was a lot of just figuring it out for myself, which wasn't too bad...I consider myself a pretty smart fishie.

Then, I started to enjoy myself. I'm playing in casual mode, so there's no timer, but I still had that sense of urgency to get everything completed.

Now, I'm on level 16 and I had to stop playing. My frustration level went through the roof and I was no longer enjoying it. You barely are able to get enough resources to fix a building, when three others break. WAY too irritating for me now.

This game isn't very much like Royal Envoy at all, which I truly loved.

I may go back and try to play this one again, but definitely not today.

posted in Jack of All Tribes on Mar 4, 11 3:26 PM
I really enjoyed this game a lot! It's not Royal Envoy (as others have stated), but it sure is close. It's easier, in my opinion, but still lots of fun.

I got more confused with this game as to what my objectives were each round, but with the exception of two or three levels, I was able to complete gold on the first or second go around.

Those of you who don't like timers, the timer is only if you want to reach gold. I'm not sure the benefits of reaching gold. I know on Royal Envoy, if you reach gold on all levels, you can play them all again on "expert" level. That isn't true with this game. So...not sure of the point. I was also a little put off by the ending but...I guess it opened the door for a sequel?

Nonetheless, it was a fun game. I spent a couple days on it (playing here and there) and am definitely glad I spent the money on it.

Looking forward to part 2!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator