Posts created by georgiarealist

posted in Cursed House 5 on Mar 30, 18 1:16 AM
Thank you, Cbarbatus! That worked.

posted in Caves And Castles: Underworld on Mar 13, 18 11:58 PM
JSD6 wrote:Am I suppose to be able purchase upgrades to repair the town/castle? I have played to level 38 and still have not been given the option to purchase any upgrades to repair the upperworld....I have over 180000 coins and over 1450 purple lightening bolts....

It sounds like you're not clicking the boxes at the bottom of the castle screen - they're challenges that you have to pay for. Each challenge will repair part of the castle. The purple things are essences, and you can either trade them for coins or use them to buy skills in the maze levels.

posted in Caves And Castles: Underworld on Mar 13, 18 11:54 PM
To me, this combines the cute graphics of arcade-style games (which my older reflexes can't keep up with) with Match 3 play. It's short and not hard, a relaxing little game I expect I will replay from time to time. The cons are the lack of clear explanations for the skills (but I tend to ignore those anyway) and the lack of personalization of upgrades - I prefer the games where you can at least choose from a set of upgrades. In this, you click the challenge button and the work is done while you wait. As far as the essence usage goes, since I don't use the skills unless absolutely necessary and there's no real reason to trade essence for coins in such a short game, I only found one level that required me to use essences to purchase the speed up skill/bonus. One of the later levels had a goal that required using the speed bonus 4 times, I believe, although I never saw a reason for it - but I had to use that 4 times before the last door unlocked.

posted in Caves And Castles: Underworld on Mar 13, 18 11:46 PM
pennmom36 wrote:

It's true, the explanations for the bonuses and skills are slim to none, but once you figure them out, it's a fun game. Basically you play several small Match 3 levels, with the goal of making matches next to the stone blocks to clear the path. The final M3 game in the level requires you to drop keys off the board to open the door to the next level.

The tiles you match will fill the Essence resources, and allows you to use Skill based bonuses, such as a Dragon that shoots flames at tiles to remove them, Swap skills to swap tiles, skills that remove an entire section etc. The coins earned behind some tiles and also collected in Treasure Chests or along some paths, are used to fulfil Quests above ground.

You can earn Bonuses on the board by making large matches or matching the same colored tiles back to back. The mirror bonus allows you to push it onto an adjacent tile to "mirror" that tile, which is really cool, because you can exchange the mirror for another bomb for example and get two bombs in return, or swap it for a tile that will set up a M3!

Also, there are some water obstacles that require you to clear aqua blocks under match 3 tiles. So you have 3 Match 3 variations - the regular ones to remove blocks, the water ones and the dropping the keys off the grid ones.

posted in Cursed House 5 on Mar 5, 18 10:42 AM
I am also having the problem of being stuck in windowed mode after switching out of full screen briefly. I even tried uninstalling the game and downloading it again, but it's still insisting that there's a problem with the driver of the video adapter. Since it ran fine in full screen before, and since my other games run fine, I don't believe it's an issue with my computer. I also am running Windows 10 with all the latest updates, including having checked for updates to all my programs and drivers. This seems to be an issue with this particular game.

posted in Delicious: Emily's Childhood Memories on Jan 21, 18 2:13 AM
As far as I can tell, you have to open a day and then click the menu button at the bottom, which will let you choose Main Menu. Once you get to the Main Menu, there's an exit button.

posted in Griddlers Legend Of The Pirates on Jan 20, 18 12:12 AM
Seems like we're going backwards with this one - single color, no autofill or space counting feature, and no clue as to what the "picture" is supposed to be. I saw a few that looked a little familiar, but many others didn't look like anything I ever saw before. The description of the game claims the pictures are pirate-themed, and I think I saw a hook in one, but it would be nice if we were told the name of the item or given a clearer picture after one is filled in. On the other hand, at least through the demo, this seemed to be more logic based than some of the recent ones with multiple colors (Zodiac Griddlers, etc.). I may use a coupon on this one sometime, just because I like the genre.

posted in Delicious: Emily's Miracle of Life Collector's Edition on Jan 18, 18 10:30 PM
Same problem here - Windows 10 laptop. Walkthrough on another site says to click and drag when prompted, but I don't get any prompt. The bees and butterflies are flying, the music is playing, but the characters are just standing there and no amount of clicking makes them do anything. I tried waiting to see if it would do something, but I gave up after a few minutes - it couldn't have that much delay. There's no green circle or arrow, so I can't do this "interactive" scene.

posted in Happy Wonderland Solitaire on Dec 22, 17 2:53 PM
There's a rolling bar/flicker effect, a little like the problem I have with the Sally's Salon: Beauty Secrets CE since the recent Windows 10 update. This is the whole screen, though, rather than just the upper portion. So far, these are the only 2 games affected, so I have to think it's a problem in the game code rather than something with my system. I won't be purchasing this game.

posted in Sally's Salon: Beauty Secrets Collector's Edition on Dec 18, 17 1:17 AM
As Mekhare says, this is the only game that's doing the jumping around at the top - others in the Delicious and spinoff series are fine. It started with the recent Windows 10 update, so I don't think it's the video card driver or other games would be affected.

posted in The Love Boat™ Collector's Edition on Dec 13, 17 2:00 AM
As I recall, the last was a pair of goggles that's right at the corner of the float.

posted in The Love Boat™ Collector's Edition on Dec 13, 17 1:58 AM
I will buy this with the sale, I guess. Like many of the other Emily spin-offs, I find this slightly less frantic and thus possible to play. Most of the Emily games are too fast-paced for my arthritic hands. The only thing I disliked about this game (based on the trial) is the laugh track, but I usually turn the sound way down anyway.

posted in Flowers Mosaics on Dec 8, 17 10:58 PM
Some of them really are hard to see. I finally have them all, and have made a list of where I found them. I hope I wrote all the levels down correctly! Here's what I have:

Level 1: 4,6,8,12,15
Level 2: 3,6,8,10,14
Level 3: 4,8,10,14
Level 4: 1,4,8,13
Level 5: 3,6,9,13
Level 6: 3,6,9,12
Level 7: 2,5,8,11

If I have the energy to go back through, I'll double check these, but if someone else finds an error please feel free to correct me!

posted in Sally's Salon: Beauty Secrets Collector's Edition on Dec 2, 17 3:59 PM
I was doing ok with this game until Windows 10 did a major update this morning (it must have been major because it took almost 2 hours!). Now I get the top third or so of the image flickering and jumping around. It's hard to focus on what needs to be done. Before the update, the only problem I had was the game crashed if I tried to set it to windowed mode.

posted in Lost Artifacts Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 17 11:25 AM
pennmom36 wrote:I actually like the graphics, but the only "CE" extras you get with this game is 5 Music Soundtracks, 11 Cartoon Concept Art pics and 23 Achievements, which all qualify for the "who cares" category.

Have to agree. I have no interest in soundtracks or concept art (or wallpapers, if anyone's paying attention), and the achievements are only marginally interesting to me. A CE should have bonus levels and a strategy guide, minimum, although I can't see a need for a guide for this kind of basic game. I like this kind of game, but I'll wait for a sale.

CE?
 posted in Lost Artifacts Collector's Edition on Jul 18, 17 11:20 AM
This one goes on my list to buy when there's a sale, unless there's a SE version that comes out first. Can't see any extras that would make this worth the CE price, but I do enjoy games like this.

posted in Bloom! A Bouquet for Everyone on Jul 18, 17 9:22 AM
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the first Bloom! game, but it still won't work for me. Not sure why. I know the trial version from another game site has the windowed option opening popup, but the one from BFG doesn't seem to and I don't know how to try it myself.

posted in Bloom! A Bouquet for Everyone on Jul 17, 17 11:18 AM
All 3 versions are very similar. This one I can open on my Windows 10 laptop by choosing the windowed mode and then changing it to full screen in the settings - the other 2 don't seem to open any more, perhaps because they didn't have that windowed mode option when they came out.

posted in Rescue Quest Gold Collector's Edition on Jul 4, 17 3:03 PM
No for me, too, but because it has no discernible way to disable the annoying tutorial/tips thing. I don't want a game to force me to do things. I'd also prefer an untimed or relaxed mode, especially since there are such large fields that have to be scrolled to examine. The game seems very slow to react to moves, so it got extremely frustrating - and I like the odd match 3 game to relax.

posted in Make it Big in Hollywood on Jun 29, 17 9:27 PM
OK, I have experimented with this game and it seems to be working for me - not sure if the same thing will work for others, but I thought I'd throw it out if you want to try. I downloaded the trial from another site (the one that's responsible for the Delicious games) and played the trial without any of the black screen problems, so I bought this game here during one of the sales. As long as I don't delete the trial version from the other site, the Big Fish one works fine. I did try removing the trial version and had to recover the files to make the BF one work right. This is obviously a problem with the version BF is selling, but it's not confined to BF - I tried a trial version from a 3rd site and had the same issues. I'm starting to wonder if game house is getting special versions of these games.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator