Posts created by ccostly

posted in 100% Hidden Objects on Dec 12, 16 5:30 PM
I find them relaxing...

posted in Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 11 7:02 PM
Fun and exciting! We loved the demo. Will eagerly await the SE (hint hint Big Fish )!

This will be a definite buy for a SE...Very cool graphics, chilling and creepy scenes. Music okay, was doing a constant loop though which got kinda annoying. We liked the symbolism, even though it was a bit Hollywood, not really staying to a folklore so far from what we could tell. Especially when the gates closed and you hear a Mwah hahahahaha! -- that part was cheesy.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 20, 11 9:00 PM
We loved this just as much as the others. We are going to wait until we can purchase it when it's a non-collector's edition. So far, haven't found the collector's editions that much better than a regular games...we can't wait until this one comes out though! Love the creepiness and the challenge of the puppet show games!

posted in Phantasmat on Mar 19, 11 7:46 AM
We Loved this game! It had great graphics and was oh-so CREEPY!! I was afraid to go into most buildings because they looked so awful and scary....The storyline was great! I was totally entranced the whole time by the characters and the pending doom/zenith of the story! I knew something was coming by the way the characters kept giving you these subtle warnings...

The only complaint I had was about the "blackouts"...if you haven't played the game, you'll find out what I mean...

The ending was a little strange, but we liked it. I liked the closure to everything...
Challenging game, fun twists, good graphics and storyline, 5 stars from us!!!

posted in The Dark Hills of Cherai on Mar 6, 11 8:18 PM
We were split on this one. He enjoyed, I did not. I thought it was boring and drawn out. Not a buy for me. He, on the other hand, found it interesting, liked the story, but didn't like how it was spread out into so many parts. I felt the same way because it seemed like you were getting somewhere, then had to start all the way at the beginning again to play another character...

posted in Haunted Hotel on Mar 6, 11 8:00 PM
I can see now why this was a $2.99 game. I just read some of the reviews and agreed with many! I am a sucker for games that have haunted or ghost or vampire in the title so I decided to try this one. I haven't finished it yet and I started it months ago. It is very, very repetitive. The same rooms over and over and long story lines to read in between levels. So many spelling mistakes, I cringed over and over. There are no voice overs for the narrative, just pencil looking drawings with a lot of misspellings in long drawn out paragraphs. The story is interesting, if you don't notice all the errors, like I did. I think I just bought it for the great price, but even with the price, the game isn't worth it. Not this time, anyways.

posted in Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 11 7:52 PM
We ended up buying this game. The beginning sucked us in and we hardly buy any collector's editions and we have been with Big Fish for almost a year now...The story was definitely strange. The ending was very good - I won't give anything away, but the ending that I thought was going to be the ending was not good at all, but there is a true ending that was a great surprise. It made us a bit sad, but it was overall very satisfying because it wrapped the whole storyline up completely from start to finish.

posted in Maestro: Music of Death Collector's Edition on Mar 6, 11 7:45 PM
We enjoyed this game. It's too bad that there wasn't a version where it was a non-collector's edition since we didn't want to pay the full price...Good graphics, creepy atmosphere, good storyline, good sound effects, good music. We liked how the clues were around where you needed to use them, instead of tromping from screen to screen back and forth route. Fun puzzles. But, unfortunately not enough for a full collectors' edition buy.

posted in Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight on Mar 6, 11 7:36 PM
This game started off well. Interesting storyline and point of view. However, we were not expecting this to be as short as it was. And, there is no sequel on the Big Fish website so far. So, we were stuck at a cliffhanger ending.

The graphics were fair, good artwork, funny dialogue, some creepiness, good sound effects.

Overall, a B- due to the ending. If we had known it was the first half of a two part series, we probably would not have purchased.

posted in Miss Teri Tale: Vote 4 Me on Mar 6, 11 7:31 PM
We played this game together and while we found it cute and amusing at times, there was a lot of repetition: same scenes, same items to be found. There were a lot of grammatical and spelling errors throughout that made me cringe. It was a cute idea, but we would not vote for someone who was breaking and entering and snooping through our houses to see who we were voting for. Also, it never revealed who the mysterious person was at the end. Hopefully, it will reveal them in the sequel...?

All in all, it was an enjoyable game. Some of the objects were quite difficult to find since some of them did not look like what you would expect them to. Used some hints at times, but made the time limit in every scene, so less than moderate difficulty in general.

Cute game, but I would not recommend paying full price. We got this as a daily deal for $2.99...

posted in Enchanted Fairy Friends: Secret of the Fairy Queen on Jan 23, 11 3:48 PM
This was a pretty good game. The scenes are repetitive, but pretty. The music is also repetitive which can get annoying, so I turned it down low. The objects varied to easy to find, to difficult. I admit I used some hints. The puzzles were easy, but took time to put together since there are so many pieces. Some of the objects were very small and you had to be pretty precise on clicking exactly on them. I liked that you could choose the level of difficulty and whether to have a timer or not. Graphics weren't blurry, but some junk piles. It reminded me of the Magic Eye pictures. When you found some objects, they would jump out at you from nowhere and there was no mistaking what they were once you spot them. Overall, not a buy for me, but I enjoyed the trial. It's a game to play when you are bored and are procrastinating cleaning the house which is exactly what I was doing .

posted in Animal Agents on Jan 1, 11 1:51 PM
Was it just me or could anyone get the Full Screen mode? The full screen for me was the same size as if it was minimized...I liked the game, even if it was some junk piles...but I cannot do HOGs without the full size screens...stopped playing this after about 5 minutes because of it.

posted in Dream Day True Love on Dec 4, 10 12:17 PM
That was fun...A nice change from regular HOGs. Loved the true life stories with real letters from the couple. What a cute story. I liked the freedom of walking around the house with various tasks to do. I don't know if it was enough for a purchase, though. It wasn't a storyline that was that interesting to keep me going or wondering what would happen next. But that's just my opinion and preferences. I like murder mysteries and crimes solving and spooky stories much better. Someone who enjoys romance and fun tasks that aren't difficult will really enjoy this one. Quite a relaxing game for a low key afternoon.

posted in Fiction Fixers: The Curse of OZ on Nov 25, 10 6:50 PM
We rather enjoyed this game. Thought it was fun, dialogue was good, not too much backtracking, music was okay, not annoying, clear scenes and HOs. Overall a thumbs up. Liked how the map told you where to go to find things and after you were done with a screen, it would give you an "area complete" message so you didn't have to waste time looking for things that weren't there. We enjoyed this better than Alice in Wonderland because this was a different spin on the Wizard of Oz story.Artwork was great. Wish the demo lasted the full hour, though.

posted in Veronica Rivers: Portals to the Unknown ™ on Nov 15, 10 1:59 PM
I had my name already saved when I dl'd the trial! So I guess if you play one Veronica Rivers, you are already saved in the BF system! What a surprise to see my name!

Anyways, this game was decent overall. The scenes were a bit "blurry" if that makes any sense. The objects were hidden pretty well, I had to use the hint more than once in the hour trial. The pictures weren't real sharp quality. The story line was a bit strange. A SOS call makes her run all over the world, including outer space. That was really unrealistic. The games were the same over and over, so there wasn't too much thrill there. They were really easy, too.

In general, the music and graphics were soothing. It is a very good game to play if you don't want to think too much. I wasn't that impressed because some of the scenes for the ****'s were junk piles. Storyline wasn't much too keep me interested or even for a purchase though.

posted in The Secrets of Da Vinci on Nov 15, 10 10:01 AM
giggyann wrote:No trial version, no sale for me. Without knowing how the 360 is going to make me feel.....nope. Guess I'll have to wait to hear more reviews. What do you all think? Is it worth my one lonely credit?
giggyann

I think that way too. The only game I ever bought without a trial was The Color of Murder (which is an awesome game btw), but it didn't have reviews about nausea with the 360 view!

posted in Strange Cases: The Tarot Card Mystery on Nov 8, 10 8:58 AM
I will definitely buy this as a $2.99 game thanks to the demo and the reviews. I agree with most of the reviews - this is a pleasing, fun, relaxing game that isn't too frustrating or difficult. The storyline definitely sucked me in because of the whole detective thing. She has a bit of a sense of humor so that always is enjoyable. The graphics are pretty clean and clear so you don't have to guess on the hidden objects. I enjoy the storyline and the adventuresome feel to this game.

I do not think I would buy this, though if this wasn't on sale. It's a bit too basic and not worth any extra money to buy...

posted in Mystery Valley on Nov 6, 10 3:31 PM
We liked this game, but there were a few quirks about it. When we played the hour demo, we enjoyed the parts that made us jump. The graphics seemed great, but as we got closer to the end, they seemed to go down in quality. The scenes jumped a bit - some bad editing. The hidden object scenes were pretty challenging and the puzzle scenes were difficult, but not too difficult that we had to wait for the Skip to charge up...

Some of the quirks were the oddly named items in the **** scenes, the editing, and the misspellings. The dialogue scenes had quite a few misspellings and grammar mistakes...!

The ending was kind of lame. There should have been at least some more dialogue at the end.

Overall, we did enjoy the storyline. That's what made us purchase the game in the first place...it "sucks" you in haha - pun intended.

posted in Mystery Valley on Nov 6, 10 3:16 PM
We noticed that, too. Also, some items are named things that they aren't. A ping pong paddle was a "racket" and a trophy was a "cup". No, no, no.

posted in Renovate & Relocate: Boston on Oct 31, 10 11:15 AM
I actually enjoyed this game. I liked the music and the storyline , it reminded me of the Dream Day First Home game. I thought this was fun, except during the scenes where you had to clean up the contractor's place. That was a little strange. I have lived in Boston, so this was a fun theme for me. I also liked how the home came out after renovating and redecorating. It was a beautiful home after I painted and chose the furniture!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator