Posts created by hookt

posted in Big City Adventure: London Story on Mar 4, 12 10:07 AM
To keep the disk where you want, try clicking outside the circle. Then click inside the circle on the next disk you want to move.

I ended up skipping this puzzle which I really try not to do as I like figuring them out. When I'm stumped, I prefer a hint in the right direction vs giving me the entire solution. In this puzzle, when I clicked on the hints I had available, it just gave me the puzzle instructions again.

If I could have used a hint to at least tell me the correct position for one of the disks, that would have helped me somewhat to find the solution on my own.

Happy gaming!

posted in Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings on Jan 15, 12 2:52 PM
Bought the SE game with the Spooky Sale this weekend and enjoyed playing it to the end. Yes, there is an ending, although it's a weak one. I don't regret buying the game as the beautiful/colorful/creative graphics, characters, music and overall gameplay outweigh the weak ending.

Still hookt on

posted in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea: Captain Nemo on Nov 13, 11 4:02 AM
Tried the demo for a few minutes. HDO Adventure is the developer. I'm not impressed with the game . I think I'll pass on this one.

posted in Tibet Quest on Nov 8, 11 4:33 PM
You might like Lamp of Aladdin. It's by the same developer as Tibet Quest, but offers the option of Timed or Relaxed mode when you sign in as a player. The game play is very similar to this one and BFG has it. I don't buy too many Match 3 games, but I like (and bought) Lamp of Aladdin.

posted in Mystery Legends: The Phantom of the Opera on Oct 29, 11 6:25 AM
Already have this excellent game. If you don't have it, be sure to give it a try. Great bargain at the DD price!

Thanks !

posted in Love & Death ™: Bitten ™ on Oct 23, 11 12:40 PM
Totally agree with the previous comments on this thread. Excellent game from PlayFirst. Glad to pick it up at the DD price and continue helping the cause! If you don't already have this one, be sure to give it a try. Happy gaming!

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Oct 22, 11 3:34 AM
Darn, I already have this game. Totally agree with the other reviews on this thread. It's a very good game! A steal at the DD price. If you don't already have it, be sure to give this one a try. Enjoy!

posted in Lost Lagoon: The Trail of Destiny on Oct 21, 11 6:28 PM
A nice relaxing game. Glad to pick it up at the DD price and help the cause.

Thanks

posted in Steve the Sheriff 2: The Case of the Missing Thing ™ on Oct 17, 11 7:18 PM
Another game by ERS and (as usual) it appears to be a good game. Happy to pick it up at the DD price and help the cause.

posted in Drawn: Dark Flight ® on Oct 13, 11 5:15 PM
Love the Drawn games. Exceptional game for the DD price.

posted in Haunted Halls: Green Hills Sanitarium on Oct 9, 11 9:38 AM
Another great game I don't already have. Glad to pick it up at the DD price and also help out the cause this month. Thanks again , keep them coming!

posted in Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat on Oct 8, 11 8:18 AM
Another excellent game by ERS!

Great buy at the DD price!

posted in Lamp of Aladdin on Aug 21, 11 12:13 PM
Cute combo of match 3/hidden object game!

A hidden object scene is added before each match 3 level. Trophies are awarded if all the objects are found.

Cute gameplay, graphics and story. You can choose timed or relaxed mode. Hint system recharges quickly. If you are not a super fast match 3 player, Genie will help.

Love the way Aladdin rides the magic carpet and the sea turtle. Each level gets progressively more difficult. Even in relaxed mode, the bonus levels are timed. So be sure and save some of your power-ups to help get thru the bonus levels. Trophies are also awarded for winning bonus levels.

Well worth the DD price. Thanks BF!

posted in Discovery! A Seek and Find Adventure on Aug 6, 11 9:00 AM
I read the reviews in this forum and thought I might pass, but then played the demo and the hour flew by. Mumbo Jumbo is the developer. They also do the Midnight Mysteries series which I like a lot.

I think this game is easily worth today's DD price. I agree the hidden objects are a bit challenging to find, but I like the different concept and this appears to be a fairly long game.

Don't just rely on the reviews. Give the demo a try.

Bought it!

posted in Hidden Expedition: Everest ™ on Jul 31, 11 8:00 AM
Found this list in another BFG forum :

Hidden Expedition Everest
Secret Items List
1. Amazon River - Octopus - near black and white toucan
2. Chichen Itza - Saber (sword) - near left statue
3. El Dorado - Paintbrush - left top, near hook
4. Witches Market - Top Hat - center, near broken wheel
5. Munster - Pirate Flag - center, near Taverne sign
6. Jailhouse - UFO - beside the moon
7. Phytagorean Society - Castle - near the 8 ball
8. Yakushima - Crow - center
9. Angkor Wat Interior - White Bonnet - beside skates
10. Hawaiki - Axe (hatchet) - upper left
11. Femur Island - Viking Ship - beside moving ship
12. Shambala - Shoes - upper left
13. The Alter - Rabbit - beside the statue
14. Inner Temple - Compass (watch) - upper right
15. National History Museum - Jack O' Lantern
16. Patiti - Whale - middle of the screen hanging downward from trees
17. Alpine Village - Police Hat - roof of big building
18. Door To Everest - Beetle - middle left,very left side of the entire picture, by the sickle (hook)

Happy searching!
hookt

posted in Columbus: Ghost of the Mystery Stone on Jul 7, 11 2:44 PM
Below are my original comments when first playing this game. Have played it a few more times since. Great game for the DD price. Don't pass this one up!

Excellent game! Exceptional blend of interactive hidden object, fragmented object, puzzles and adventure. Nice to have the choice of Casual or Advanced mode. Beautiful graphics. Nice music. Good storyline. Lots of gameplay time.

Also, the developer must have a thing for cats. I noticed almost every scene has some type of cat in it. Cute!

hookt

posted in Golden Trails 2: The Lost Legacy on Jul 3, 11 5:58 AM
I enjoyed Golden Trails: The New Western Rush, so will be giving this game a try.

I never buy the CE versions, as I don't think I'd get my moneys worth out of them. I'm not really into the wallpaper, soundtrack, concept art, etc. and these extras just take up more room on my computer.

All I really care about is the gameplay and I doubt the CE bonus gameplay would equal the extra money spent. I prefer to take the extra money I would spend on the CE version and put it towards a new or different game.

Maybe BF could try releasing both the CE and SE versions on the same day and just see what happens?

That way, all the fishies are free to choose either version and it's a new game for all the pond.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the sale this weekend!

posted in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush on Jun 25, 11 5:47 AM
Must have missed this one as a new release. Refreshing change from the dark and spooky HOGs.

Glad to catch it as a DD. Good game. Nice story with interesting characters, good graphics, mini-games and cute features such as shooting gangsters for more hints, collecting badges and clues.

Thanks BF!

posted in Agatha Christie: 4:50 from Paddington on Jun 18, 11 4:28 PM
Excellent game!

Nice to have the option of timed or relaxed mode. Good graphics. Good music and background sounds. Some hidden objects can be a bit tiny, but managable. Hint system is generous. Good storyline. You even get to submit who you think the murderer is.

Always been a fan of the Agatha Christie mysteries. If you like this game, you might want to try the Murder She Wrote game. It's also a hidden object game and has 5 mysteries you get to solve.

Happy to pick this one up as a DD.

Thanks

hookt

posted in Hidden Mysteries: Vampire Secrets on Jun 11, 11 9:28 AM
Decided to demo this one based on all the great reviews. Glad I did. This is a nice IHOG. Good storyline. Hidden object scenes and puzzles are not too easy and not too hard. Happy to pick this one up at the DD price.

Enjoy!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator