Posts created by coolest_mommy

I played this game for about a half hour and I wasn't impressed at all. It is really grainy and the graphics don't appeal to me. I found that some of the things didn't make sense to me. I couldn't get the faucet to work until I stuck a blanket in the sink (?) - turn the faucets on and figure out what you are supposed to do with the water - makes more sense to me. I exited the game to read the reviews and was surprised about the raves. I was really excited when I read about it this morning but after a little game play - Nope, not for me. Not even as an SE.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 19, 11 1:10 PM
I have finished this game and I can't quite remember but I would exit the barbershop, go about my business, and then go back in and see if another one has appeared. I found that that had happened in a couple of scenes for me.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 19, 11 1:06 PM
You will need a chisel and a hammer to get the pin out of the tree. What I really like about this game (and these kinds of games) is that you don't find a tool and immediately find a highlighted area to use it. I carried around some tools for a while before I stumbled on a place to use them - or vice versa - needed a tool but played for quite abit before I found it. Patience.

posted in Epic Adventures: Cursed Onboard on Mar 12, 11 10:51 PM
I watched the video and I was really excited about this game. Now, not so much.

Usually when a game comes up that I am really excited about I play the whole one hour demo at one go. I've played this demo three times and still have fifteen minutes left.

I'll explain. Very cool story line for me, I'll really like that spooky kind of thing. Great graphics, although there were a couple of things hidden in the shadows. Hint button refills quickly, that's good. Can't comment on the sound because my speakers are goofing up so I have the volume off. There are very, very few puzzles (or anything else) between **** scenes so it is just one right after another. You enter a room, you do a hidden object scene and you leave. The graphics are so good and there is so much in a room I keep expecting to discover stuff but there is nothing else there.

Sorry but this is not a purchase for me. Way to basic. Boring.

posted in Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion on Mar 8, 11 5:18 AM
Same thing happened to me. Corrupt DLL. I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to playing this game. Uninstall.

posted in Gardenscapes on Jan 24, 11 7:08 AM
My dog's name is Dave. I had a real Dave but he passed away three years ago. I really miss him.

posted in Jodie Drake and the World in Peril on Jan 19, 11 4:27 AM
LadyBlue0321 wrote:I didn't like this game and after a few chapters, gave it up. There's way too many cut scenes, and I found the completion screens/load screens annoying. Some items are very hard to see, although the hints refill pretty fast. Personally, this is a no-go for me.

Ditto.

posted in Curse of the Ghost Ship on Dec 29, 10 7:05 AM

I have tried to install this game twice and it just won't work so I came to the forum to see if anyone else had any problems with that. After reading all the comments I'm not going to knock myself out. This doesn't sound like something I want to invest a lot of time in. Thanks for the heads up!

posted in Mystery Trackers: The Void on Nov 13, 10 6:40 PM
I just finished playing this game and it was a blast! I loved the story line. Some times I find those at either end of the spectrum - either really boring or really farfetched, so it either bores me or makes me indifferent. The graphics are great - crisp and clear and the music plays nicely in the background and doesn't overpower the game. There are lots and lots of mini games alongside the hidden object scenes. A good indication of how into the game I am is how many hints I use or puzzles I skip but I didn't use one hint or skip one puzzle through the whole game. Do I get a special prize for that? This game is long, too, and was definitely worth buying.

I love this game! The graphics were terrific and I didn't have any problem distinguishing hidden objects. The music was creepy in a 'keep me in the mood' kind of way and at just the right volume it was a great addition. The story line is interesting, great mini games and this game is long, I played for hours over three days. I did use the strategy guide (this is the CE) a couple of times and it is so easy to just click on and check what you are doing rather than exiting and going into the walk through. Great game. Very glad I bought it.

posted in Vampire Brides: Love Over Death on Sep 14, 10 7:27 PM
Yikes! Loved the story line and was really looking forward to playing this game but ... Some of the objects were very small and difficult to find and some were so easy - find 6 bottles - and they were all in a row. Music was so-so as were the graphics. Found that I was hitting the hint button a lot and then realized it was out of boredom. Didn't even finish the demo. Not buying this one. Sorry.

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Aug 26, 10 7:45 AM
Initially I got stuck in this game due to technical difficulties. I deleted the game and reloaded it and had no problems at all. This is a FABULOUS game! I had a blast! Having three novellas made it so much more interesting, the music was just creepy enough and I had to really think through some of this which is difficult when you are really hooked and it's 2 in the morning. Well done! To be continued ... can't wait!

posted in Redemption Cemetery: Curse of the Raven on Aug 24, 10 9:01 PM
I've got a problem too. After I did the hidden objects in the den I was supposed to get a fuse. No fuse. Now I'm stuck! To add insult to injury the game then shut down on me. Grrr!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator