Posts created by Bartsister

posted in Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 10:24 AM
frick101 wrote:In the Patio Bonus Game: I have pegasus and used but the stone apple and gold crown is not where they belong. Game, using hints also thinks they have been found BUT..... Stuck at this point, no apple, no key. Nothing left to do. Help!

Ack! That is a hard one. Hope you are not glitching. I found the stone apple on the a round door handle, It is really easy to miss. It is half covered by the Hint button on the bottom right part of the screen. Maybe try looking again and see if you can pick it up? Then the apple goes on the statue's hand. The one next to the deer.

Can't remember exactly where the crown was other than it was stuck like a wedge on the left side of a door.

I really hope this helps you!

Good luck!

posted in Grim Facade: Broken Sacrament Collector's Edition on Apr 28, 18 10:19 AM
nanadear wrote:How do you pick up the objects to overcome obstacles? I have tried clicking on it but nothing happens.

Hi nanadear,

You should be able to pick items up by moving over them. If you make your figure run over the object then it should pick it up for you.

Hope this helps!

Happy gaming!

j62janet wrote:thank you for the info, I've bookmarked it, I am gutted that the forums are going, it's not as though we get here for free, we pay, I did contact someone, and he was very nice, but there wasn't anything he could do, which is fair enough.
I wonder what'll happen to the moderators?

Hi Janet,

Haven't seen you post (I don't think) since this thing went down. The Mods aren't full-time moderators. They have posted somewhere (can't remember exactly) that they have other functions at BFG and won't be going anywhere. Just us....

Hope you found a new forum or will find one soon that will make you happy.

Take care and happy gaming!

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 22, 18 6:15 AM
I am liking this straight HOG a lot and am currently using it as my play a couple rounds on and off again games. For old timers here, it reminds me of the Spin Cap games of yore. It is challenging. There's a timer, but it just runs. It doesn't make you start over or axe stars on your status. The faster you complete a scene the points you get, but you aren't really competing with anyone, so it's not a big deal. Just straight up HOG goodness!

One of the songs they use sounds like a riff from the twist dance contest song in Pulp Fiction so I have that in the back of my mind a bunch of the time, which makes me smile.

Happy gaming!

posted in Road Trip USA on Apr 22, 18 6:09 AM
neeliec wrote:So can anyone share the secret to starting the game over again? I use an iMac. I find nowhere to create another user so I can replay all the scenes from the beginning. Thank you.

Hi neeliec,

You know the first screen with the large button saying Start Road Trip? Don't hit that button!

On the very top of that screen is a very un-noticeable Welcome Player name and under it a button to Change Player. When you click on that, you can create new player and/or delete any current ones.

Hope this helps! Happy Gaming!

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 20, 18 6:15 AM
Majestyx12 wrote:The trial ended for me in 35 minutes. It has 7 chapters and bonus chapter. I thought the game was ok/liked it. I don't know the maker Orchid Games at all. Looks like the producer is Artifex Mundi. I just got the information from the credits.

It starts out in 1900 in Paris. You collect 30 Atom symbols. I have my eye on six different games before I would get this one, because I know the other makers.

Thanks Majesty! Now I really want to get this game!!! Orchid made the Royal Trouble games and Graven, all which are a lot of fun. Now, I know why I liked this one

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 9:17 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:As of now, the URL is appearing just fine

I've registered there myself but will keep the glass half full - things could always change. Call me overly optimistic, but we don't know if there's anything going on behind the scenes that they don't want to discuss openly just in case it falls through. I was here back in 2013 when BF first offered us new forums. Then when they tried to implement them the only thing that happened was the website was down for a few days and then we just got these old forums back with nothing updated at all. My opinion only of course, but I think they eliminated the CCC and a few of the other forums either for some tech issue with the software or else they were running out of room on their server. In the end, it was a Band-Aid fix and 5 years down the road, the same problem(s) have cropped up again. Yes, it's a dumb business move to not consider any alternatives besides shutting the forums down, but again, who knows, there could be things going on we don't know about.

I really, really hope so!

I remember the new forums that we were supposed to get. We completed all these surveys of what we wanted to see, had the battle over new avatars or losing our fish status (I had to post a bit to get rid of the ugly one I had at the time! The decision was we would get new avatars but keep our fish badge) They posted screen shots of how it was all going to turn out and then .... epic fail.

I really do think whoever they hired to custom make this forum package that would import all the old threads and organization and put them in a bright shiny new package completely screwed the whole thing up. They either oversold what they could actually do or there was some other issue that wouldn't make it work. No idea how much all that cost BF at the time, but I think when it failed, BF just threw up their hands and gave up.

I know I keep talking about Steam, but their forums are a good model that BFG could use. They have one forum page for every game (like this one). They have pinned topics up top (like this one). Then they have sub topics over on the right for General Discussions, Tech Issues, etc. You can click on those links on the right and the mass of threads in a game forum page gets filtered to only the ones you want to see. It's not impossible ...

And thank you very much SynthpopAddict for all the time and patience you have put into these forums helping people - even years after!

posted in Edge of Reality: Fatal Luck Collector's Edition on Apr 19, 18 9:01 AM
mcquigan wrote:I'll see you at "The pond' http://pondfriends.boards.net/

Just think, some of us fishies have been flushed twice now...

Come on mods. I know, no urls, but we're being evicted so please give me a break :-) please?

Hi mcquigan!

I read in one of the Mod posts that they are letting us say where people can go ... well maybe not everywhere we may want to tell people to go sometimes ... (jk) but yes we can talk about new game forum places. Links are NOT working in PMs though sadly

If the link does get zapped, we can just say Google: Pond Friends

Also - nowhere close to these kinds of forums, but there are casual gaming community groups on Steam where you might be surprised to see some names that are familiar. Hidden Object Gamers or Casual Gamers are a couple.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 18 9:19 AM
dodeekay007 wrote:I have tried to play this game 2 or 3 times,but can not get the game to work, all I get in the screen is a bunch of colored squares. don't know what to try. any one having this prob.

I'm not the best with tech issues, but seems like a graphics card problem. Can you update your video card drivers and try again?

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 18, 18 7:00 AM
Based on Beta

I have been so wrapped up in forum closures, that I barely glanced at this game until this morning. This is just too strange.

Anyway ... I got a Beta invite for this one a couple months ago and was really hoping this would make it to us as a CE. I am very happy that it did!

I am always a big fan of games that look a little different and play a little different. And I have a huge place in my heart for the indie developers. This one fits the bill.

The colors were bright. The story was a fun kind of chase to find your father. Not the end of the world game monster. I like dialog so the amount and style I thought was kind of cute, myself. I think this game wasn't intended to be taken too seriously - just one to jump in and have fun with wherever the game takes you.

Sorry I can't give a full game rundown at this point, but I would encourage players to give this game a chance.

posted in Modern Tales: Age of Invention Collector's Edition on Apr 17, 18 7:53 AM
First, I would like to say that I would prefer that BFG keeps the forums open. I am not happy that they are being shut down.

I am most especially unhappy regarding the game updates. We all know that not all game updates to fix glitches get passed down to the Game Manager. Many times I have had to read about an update in the forums and do a manual uninstall and re-install to get the updated version of the game. Without a forum notification, I can see missing important updates.

Reading the Mod announcement, I think this is a done deal. If we were given even a month's notice or more, I think perhaps there would be some room to beg for another solution, but two weeks? I think it's pretty much over.

My theory for the reasons for the shutdown? (cuz I always have a theory)

This forum software is ancient and taking a lot of server space, hence the Mod comment on it being "fragile." This was the reasoning years ago to upgrade the forums to a new system. BFG spent a lot of cash on a new system and it failed miserably. They couldn't even get it running for us to see it beyond the screen shots from the software consultants. This is why the Chit Chat Corner disappeared. New forum software failed. BFG need to shrink the size of the forum. CCC got the axe.

What we have now is an ever growing forum that most likely BFG cannot upgrade even if they wanted to. This is why the spam runs rampant. I don't believe that they can add a spam filter or new acct creation changes on a forum software package that is so old and that BFG is probably not maintaining. BFG would need to get a completely new forum package which most likely would not be able to get this old system transferred to. Lots o' cash involved and we would likely lose all the old data.

So, the Mods (who probably have other job requirements at BFG) are spending hours and hours deleting spam by hand, moderating discussions, answering questions, etc. instead of doing their other jobs. It's not just the cost of the forums or server space. It's the cost of the employees on top of all that just to clean up these forums every single day.

It is very sad. It's been nice being able to come here every morning over coffee for almost a decade. Anyone who does happen to want to reach me, PM me soon and I can give you my user name at Steam (my Adventure Game Central).

posted in Darkheart: Flight of the Harpies Collector's Edition on Mar 28, 18 7:19 AM
lornaovenden1 wrote:can't move on - click on hint and just get the message "there is nothing to do here" what am I supposed to do?

Have you checked the Strategy Guide for hints? Click on the ? on the Inventory Bar (thanks BearKat!) and it hopefully will help you get un-stuck.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 28, 18 7:15 AM
pasmit4 wrote:I am somewhat frustrated trying to find the dragons. I swear I clicked on every pixel and couldn't find one. Some scenes I have found them but not on all by any means. The ones i have found were quite obvious...so can't figure why I can't find others.

Are the collectibles in the Strategy Guide? Sometimes when I have trouble finding them, I will look one up to kind of see how the devs are hiding them and then go back to the game and it makes it easier for me to find them on my own.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 18 6:57 AM
BFG had a huge overarching "what do you want to see in casual games" survey last year. Maybe they will send another one later on.

I thought the survey was kind of funny myself. It was asking what themes you would want to see in the next HE game. Some of the choices were love/romance, seasonal/holiday!!

Yes, me, Sam and the other HELP agents travel to the North Pole to take back a deadly artifact that Santa has been hoarding.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 23, 18 6:28 AM
kiddopal wrote:I just want to add my voice to the request for pure Adventure games. They are the best and most challenging games. I am not disparaging the usual fare SE games. I own many of them, actually far too many. But the best games are the large file adventure games and just recently I decided to slow down on new purchases because there is nothing new being offered. I have been replaying my Adventure games and I too would love it if BFG would offer them. Maybe they could have a special price category for Adventure games. I would pay more or not expect any half price deal on large file games.

That would be a nice idea - if there could be a separate section of the store for the large file adventures with their own price points so it would be more inviting to developers to list their games here.

Oh and I know you want to purchase here but ... did you know the 13th Carol Reed adventure was just released in January this year? The Birdwatcher. You can find it.

posted in Immortal Love: Black Lotus Collector's Edition on Mar 22, 18 4:55 PM
Hi Minesita,

I would love to see more adventure games here and hope BFG could in some way make that happen. So you definitely get my vote.

I did want to clarify a couple of things because getting and keeping true adventure games here is not always that simple though.

The old adventure games that have been removed from the site were removed because either the indie developer's agreement was only for a set time period or the developer decided to pull it from this venue. Scratches (if you remember that was sold here for a time) is a good example. I can PM details if you want.

An adventure game developer has to want to sell their game here with the price points and continuous sales that BFG has, as well as agree to the cut of sales given to BFG in comparison to selling the game on other sites.

Syberia III hasn't even been out for a year and is selling for $29.99 on "the" game site and $34,99 on the big DRM-free site. I doubt Microids is going to want to sell it for $13.99 with a BOGO sale coming on the weekend. And if you've been around for a while, you can see on the old Syberia I boards how well splitting up the game went.

The developer of the Blackwell series responded on his website that he wouldn't put any more of his games here. Not because he harbored any animosity towards BFG, but if he sells them from his site, he gets 100% of the sales and so can keep his price point lower for his fans and then later lets other vendors with more attractive contracts sell them as well.

I totally get the hunger for an adventure game that you can sink your teeth into. That's my core gaming genre. I just know to satisfy that need I have to go elsewhere and BFG is the only place I do casual games.

We got the Inner World a couple years back, so I hope some of the really indie adventure developers will also send their games this way. It is always nice to be able to see them here. Sorry if I sound like a wet blanket. It's just not an easy request.

I didn't even think to look at the Strategy Guide! When the code didn't work, I just started pushing the buttons randomly and all of a sudden the chest opened!

For these kinds of speed mouse pounding exercises, this is what I do.

I move the mouse so the cursor is in the center of the spot where I need to be clicking. Then I hold the side of the mouse with my left hand so it won't move. Then I start hitting the left mouse button with my fingers. Not clicking. Hitting that button as fast as I can without raising my hand between smacks any more than I have to.

Opposite hands for left handed people, naturally. I have had to use this technique in other games and it is annoying, but it tends to work.

posted in Spellarium 2 on Feb 16, 18 7:18 AM
hobo11 wrote:This may sound stupid to all you match 3 players but.....I bought Spellarium2 and really like it but have one question. What does it mean when the screen goes dim and only one square is highlighted? Sometimes it is a orange square or just a bug or just different squares. I just click and it all comes back to the game. But it must mean something because it keeps happening. Read the help but nothing about it in there.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Hope you check back for a late reply.

This developer will dim the board and highlight a goal/move as a sort of hint mechanism. If I let the screen go without action or am matching away on the left side of the board, but the key to finishing the level is on the right, the game will sometimes do that to me.

Nothing is wrong and you can just keep matching through it. It's just meant to nudge players a bit into the right direction.

Happy gaming!

posted in Beyond the Invisible: Darkness Came on Feb 16, 18 7:14 AM
skunkluvr66 wrote:I too cannot get the dart?? out of the gun scene to weld to the arrow in the tower. These games are very cryptic. Also, I cannot find the update, even after following instructions of moderator. It is not in my game manager.

karen

Hi Karen,

I'm sorry about the dart thing - I can't remember enough to help.

For the game update, mine didn't push through to my game manager either. What I did was just un-install it and then went to my purchase history and re-installed it. When you do that you will be installing the updated version.

Hope this helps a little!

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator