Posts created by jengun

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 15, 17 5:28 AM
Thanks so much for the help! I will try it later tonight

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 14, 17 6:59 PM
I don't mind if you tell me. I have even looked at a video walkthrough and still can't figure it out.

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 14, 17 4:12 PM
No, I am hopelessly stuck.

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 14, 17 3:58 PM
I'm trying to get the piece of paper from the fish with the teeth so I thought I had to use the hook to get the paper.

posted in Leaves: The Journey on Aug 13, 17 12:55 PM
I had a hook which I used and now after watching a walkthrough, it seems that I need to use it again but it is no longer in my inventory. Sorry to be so cryptic but I don't want to spoil this for anybody else.

That worked, thank you!!!!!!! I would never have figured that out on my own Off to adventure land.

I had this game on a laptop with Windows 7 and it was fine. I got rid of the laptop and downloaded yesterday to my desktop which has Windows 10. The game will now not load. I know this is an old game but has anybody had luck installing this on a computer with Windows 10?

posted in Mystery Case Files: Broken Hour Collector's Edition on Nov 25, 16 4:33 PM
This might not actually be a technical problem but I want to take advantage of the BOGO free today and don't want to use my credits. I would like to just put this on my credit card but there is no option on my purchase screen to override the credits. I e-mailed customer support this morning but they won't respond in time. Any suggestions of what to do?

posted in Shadowplay: Darkness Incarnate Collector's Edition on Sep 5, 16 11:14 AM
This is not so much a review i guess as a comment. I spent the weekend downloading trial versions of games to test them out for the BOGO and was really interested in this one. However, I got very tired of the game telling me what I had to do next. Note to game developers: please put in an option where you can turn off the helpful hints that say things like: "Ok, I need to find the oregano and get the water boiling for the spaghetti"; (this is just an example, not a game spoiler.) It is taking away part of the fun of figuring out what to do next. That is what hints are for. I passed on this one.

posted in The Alley Strikes Back on Apr 16, 15 4:15 PM
Thanks That took care of it!

twinsoniclab wrote:Hit the "refresh" button (F5) and it will probably come back.

posted in The Alley Strikes Back on Apr 16, 15 5:55 AM
Ok, thanks. I'll need to contact Big Fish and try to find out why I can no longer see the reviews or the number of stars. It just disappeared from my main page view.

twinsoniclab wrote:
jengun wrote:I went to look at the game reviews on the main page and can't find them. Has that option been removed?

They're there. There is one 5 star, four 2s and two 1 star reviews.

posted in The Alley Strikes Back on Apr 15, 15 4:43 PM
I went to look at the game reviews on the main page and can't find them. Has that option been removed?

posted in The Alley Strikes Back on Apr 14, 15 5:27 PM
I tried the demo and this just isn't for me. I could not keep up with the pins marching down the alley towards the line and kept having to restart the game. After enough times of that, I gave up.

posted in Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle on Jan 24, 15 3:46 PM
I do prefer puzzles to hidden object scenes and used a coupon for this but ended up being somewhat letdown. I found the puzzles to be way too easy. It just did not provide a challenge for me.

posted in The Other Side: Tower of Souls on Jul 19, 14 11:33 AM
I hope the developers read and learn from these reviews but the level of hand holding is just too much. There needs to be an option to turn it off. When playing a game, I really don't want to hear: Ok, now that you have object a, insert it in object b. I play games for the challenge of figuring this stuff out on my own. I'm partway through and have enjoyed the puzzles. They are different and more fun than some I've seen in other games.

posted in Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition on Jul 12, 14 10:46 AM
I am a Game Club member and get all the newsletters but for some reason, I only found notification of this sale in the GM, not in any of the newsletters. I appreciate that somebody posted about it.

Edited to say that the newsletter just showed up in my in-box. Better late than never

posted in Weird Park: Scary Tales on Jan 6, 13 1:05 PM
I was put off at first by the large number of HOS (to my taste) because I prefer puzzle solving but I'm glad I didn't walk away from it. It has really grabbed me as I've gotten further into the game.

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 11, 12 4:40 PM
I've spent an hour tonight trying all these things and the game still won't work so I'm going to request my credit and move on.

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 10, 12 5:41 AM
Gingergal, I can't get back in the game at all so I was wondering if too old had a trick to switching modes that I was not aware of. I am pretty technically not savvy!! I'm old too

posted in Angelica Weaver: Catch Me When You Can on Oct 9, 12 8:12 PM
Too old, how do I switch modes?

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator