Posts created by JanG7

posted in Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition on Feb 1, 15 2:48 PM
They should have put a Skip button instead of a hint. I am partially color blind and cannot tell the differences of the colors on the pallet. I can tell the difference between the red, blue, and yellow, but once they are mixed, purple looks like blue. The orange looks like red and to top it all off, green looks like red to me.

I have spent hours trying all kinds of combinations on each spot to no avail. I am now very frustrated.

So if anyone could PM me the solution with the color combinations and what exact order/spot they go on the pallet, I will be very thankful. Then I will have worry about painting the lobster. But one step at a time.

Thanks,

JanG7

posted in Mystery Tales: The Twilight World Collector's Edition on Jan 26, 15 6:47 AM
I am having the same problem. Although I do feel fortunate that I haven't had the same problem as others using windows 8.1 64 bit touchscreen. It played great up until this point. I will be sending a Dr. Felix.

posted in Reveries: Soul Collector Collector's Edition on Dec 13, 14 8:53 AM
Even with the sale today, the game length doesn't even close to what we pay for SE's. Very short. I finished the game in under two hours (excluding bonus game), and I am a very slow player. I am extremely disappointed.

posted in Maestro: Dark Talent Collector's Edition on Sep 12, 14 2:30 PM
alfresco wrote:Four lock ups so far with Windows 8.1 and the demo version. Seems to be very unstable. I disabled the custom cursor, but no improvement.

I needed Ctrl/Alt/Delete to open task manager to unlock.

I've had the same problem with all ERS games since I went to windows 8.1 touch screen. This time however, I tried using just my touchscreen, and it froze up. Ctrl/Alt/Del. Then I tried my external mouse. Same thing. Next, I just used the mouse pad on the computer and no more problems. Be sure to disconnect your external mouse if you are using one.

I am 3/4's through the game and haven't had a problem since.

JanG7

I'm color blind, so when the strategy guide and the walkthrough gives solution by colors, it doesn't do me a whole lot of good. I have trouble distinguishing any color that has red and green involved.

Could someone please PM me the solution by numbering the keys from left to right and provide the correct sequence. I usually have to skip puzzles when they are color oriented, but in a hidden object scene and not being able to skip is extremely frustrating.

Thanks.

Been a great game so far.

posted in Jeweller: The Cursed Treasures on Oct 4, 13 5:26 PM
Like most others, I was about to give up on this game until I figured out how to
keep adding time to the timer. Just move your unwanted jewel pieces to the box
on the bottom right and when the bar is full, click on it and time is added. I am no
longer having a problem of making the time limit and it going to be a buy for me.

Very enjoyable.

posted in Dark Sisterhood: The Initiation on Sep 30, 13 3:08 PM
For some reason, my problem is a lot different from all the other tech issues. This has happened twice now, but in a hidden object scene (specifically a Frog), I will
get some all of the objects of one of the objects and it kicks me out of the hidden object scene and no way to get back in to find the remaining objects needed to finish it. The first time this happened, I restarted the game from the beginning and was able to continue on. That was very early in the game, so no big deal. The second time, I am in chapter 4, the wine cellar HOP and it does it again. No way to get the HOP back again and the hint tells me I already have the item I need (which I don't since I haven't completed it yet). I am already too far into the game to start over.

I am using windows 7 on PC. Will be sending a Dr. Felix to CS but hoping someone else has any solutions.

posted in Detective Agency 3: Ghost Painting on Jun 3, 13 4:56 PM
cujo126 wrote:I have read a lot of negative reviews of this game but I liked it..i didn't think it was dark at all and the play was smooth..that being said it was short I have already finished it..but got it for a pcc..so was worth that price and got 2 Monday punches to boot..

For the price of a PCC it was worth it. Although the game is short by todays standards, it was worth the credit. Probably wouldn't by at full price or 2.99.

That said I did enjoy the game.

I enjoyed every thing about this game. It was original, excellent graphics, voice overs, and the music were very well done.

Great Job!

The only downside was the length of the bonus game. I originally comment that this
should be considered game of the year before playing the bonus game. It is still at
the top of my list, but little more length to the bonus game would have made it extremely hard to beat.

Keep up the great work! I will certainly keep a close eye out for more of your games.

JanG7

Morphing objects are in the bonus chapter.

prochef wrote:I read in previous posts that there are morphing objects in this game, but after playing the demo, I couldn't find any. Were they mistaken or did I read it wrong? I'm on the fence about this game. Morphing objects might make the sale. Any info from other fishies? Thanks!

posted in The Path of Hercules on May 16, 13 2:40 PM
For me, this is just an ok game with a very small game play board and doesn't open in wide screen.

These developers have put out a lot of very nice M3 games. This one falls way short of the quality I am used to with their games.

May buy as a DD or a buy one/get one free sale.

I even waited an extra day to finish the demo to see if it was just my mood. It wasn't! Still the same opinion as yesterday.

Just morphed to a guppy. I don't like guppies. Nice to look at, but if you get a female guppy in the tank, look out. I think they breed faster than rabbits. LOL

Happy gaming.

This is a very well planned out game. I finished the whole game (including the bonus chapter).

The graphics, voice overs, music, unique hidden object games were all excellent.

Lips do move in some of the dialogue, but not all. Not a problem with me since most times they don't match to the spoken language.

Collect acorns in the game. In the Bonus game, morphing objects.

In my opinion, This is a game well worth the price.

Bonus chapter is a little short, but it goes along with the game.

I give it a 4.5 out of 5 stars. If the bonus game was longer, I would have been 5/5 stars.

Happing gaming and enjoy this gem. Thank BFG and Devs.

posted in Solitaire Egypt on May 16, 13 12:06 PM
I must agree with Valdy. Very hard on the eyes.

I have quite a few solitaire games that I can play. This one will not be
added to the list.

No sale here even with a PCC or $2.99 sale.

I did enjoy this game a lot more. The puzzle games didn't have any to do with matching colors (I am color blind), the hidden object segments were nicely spaced out and unique. And the story is very well told.

Although the bonus game is short, It was put together very well with same quality with the main portion of the game.

twinsoniclab wrote:
JanG7 wrote:So far, this game gets my vote for game of the year. Excellent graphics, great voice overs, and the music is also terrific.

I also loved all the options.

Now off to play the bonus game.

You like it better than Small Town Terrors: Pilgrim's Hook? That was a game really worth being a CE!

The only thing I find special about this game, and something all developers should consider doing, is that custom difficulty option. That should make us all happy!

Other than that, it was average to me. I didn't see anything original.

So far, this game gets my vote for game of the year. Excellent graphics, great voice overs, and the music is also terrific.

I also loved all the options.

Now off to play the bonus game.

posted in Portal of Evil: Stolen Runes Collector's Edition on May 9, 13 2:17 PM
I am very glad I tried this game for myself. I wasn't sure at first, but I bought it hoping it wasn't a waste of time or money. I was very pleased.

Game play is very long and so is the bonus chapter.

The game keeps getting more intense as it goes on. The graphics and sound were not a problem on PC, and the voice overs were not the best, but by far not the worst.

In my opinion, it is a game CE worthy. Over 7 hours to complete the game and the bonus chapter and I used the hint and map button many times.

I will playing this game again.

Nice job devs and BFG for an unexpected good game.

I just finished the entire game (including the bonus chapter), and I must say,
I can tell you folks put a lot of effort into providing us an extremely entertaining game.

The voice overs matching the characters mouths is the best I have ever seen and heard (excluding when others use live actors)! DO NOT CHANGE. What you folks produced really upped the bar that other developers will have a hard time keeping up.

Also, I love the raven power-ups (once I finally figured out how to play the mini games, I had a case of brain fart not completely understating them initially).

I have only played the one of the puppy games so far, and I have to say, this is a nice addition to the extras.

Keep up the great work!

JanG7

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Mar 10, 13 2:23 PM
First they put all the issues on my system. I tried all their suggestions
and that made everything worse at my end. Had to recover from a previous
point to get everything working again. They won't admit there is a problem the game and won't apologize for the wrong suggestions they gave me. I am P0'd

bfgBaikal wrote:Hi JanG7,

Sorry to hear that you have had such a poor experience.

I am not too sure when you contacted us last but you should receive a response from us within 72 hours, so if it was yesterday, you should hear from us by Monday at the latest - I assure you that we do our best to get back to everyone who contacts us as quickly as possible.

And just to let you know that we really appreciate you taking the time to troubleshooting with us, we know this is not a fun experience however, it is often necessary to make some adjustments if your computer is not handling the game effectively. If that fails, we will always offer a refund but beyond that, there is not a lot more we can do if troubleshooting has been exhausted.

I will be sure to pass your feedback along though and if you feel like it is necessary, please don't hesitate to add to the message you sent us, requesting that the matter be escalated.

crabbycat - That is definitely not right!

You could try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble running and displaying the game. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that and despite the name of the article, the tips within are all basically geared toward enhancing your game's performance and display:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>

If this doesn't help, please contact <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

posted in Azada: Elementa Collector's Edition on Mar 8, 13 7:30 PM
I see that I am not the only one having the access violations problem. I have contacted customer support (along with a Dr. Felix). There suggestions did not work.
I tried contacting them again to let them know that they didn't work and I received no response. I tried chat. I couldn't type two words before I was disconnected. This continues until I finally got the rep to email me. Since then, NO RESPONSE.

I know you can only offer suggestions and most of the time we still have to contact customer support, but when they offer solutions (that don't work) and we go above and beyond what a customer should have to do, only get a refund.

I am very upset and hope you can pass this on.

I have never had such poor customer support from BFG.

Beware fishies, BFG is out for the $ and not for quality or customers relations any more.

Not much work getting done around the house today!

I agree with all the other positive reviews. WOW

I just finished the game (except for the bonus chapter), and this game has moved up
to #2 on my list of favorite games. "Nutcracker" became #1 a few weeks ago and still remains there, but it was close. #3 is the first "Phantasmat" (which held the honor of being #1 since it came out).

I may ad more after the bonus game, but for now, it is well worth the CE price and the extra punch club credit today.

Off to play the Bonus Chapter. Great job Elephant and BFG for this gem.

Just wanted to ad, I finished the Bonus Chapter and it is great as well.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator