Posts created by missillusioned

posted in Hexus on Jan 12, 11 9:16 AM
Hi Eugene!
I love this style of game! I played this sort of game years ago online somewhere... I cannot for the life of me remember what that game was called but I know it wa very addicting!

I think it's really neat you have tried to keep the game authentic to Egypt. I have studied about Egypt at university a little bit and it really annoys me when people make Egypt games and they base them on popular concepts of what people think Egyptians are like (e.g slaves building pyramids) rather than actual historical facts.

I really like how you had the female pharaoh addressed as my lord, as that is indeed how she would have been addressed. That is how Hatshepsut was addressed and depicted. Perhaps you could sneak in an explanation in the introduction or in the tutorial which expalins this for people who do not understand and let it bug them

For the name Mouses.. it is a shame that it is read that way in English. What I would suggest is Mauses. That would be close enough in my opinion.

Thankyou for the great game

posted in Fairy Maids on Dec 26, 10 3:30 AM
Its in the picture. Bottom right corner It'll pop when you put the mouse over it.

Anyone know how long the game is?

posted in Unlikely Suspects on Nov 5, 10 9:29 AM
Jofer wrote:I'm showing my stupidity here - what is a soft release?

I believe a soft release is when 2 games are released on one day. Game club members see "tomorrow's game today" but if there are two games to be released we only see one. The other game is called a soft release as it comes out the next day but it's not in that "TGT" box so people can miss it

posted in 3 Days - Amulet Secret on Nov 3, 10 12:56 AM
Hi guys, I'm on limited bandwidth at the moment and was wondering if this was timed or untimed? Is it more of an adventure HOG?

I definately see the four turtles

Another interesting thing.. I completely understadn what you mean about trying to make out faces however, I did notice one that was interesting. Under the second foliage at the top (The one with "braids") there appears to be a face. If you split the picture in half it appears in the middle of the top half.. Looks like a bull to me..like a minotaur almost

jenny1983 wrote:
amj0963 wrote:
paulthelen wrote:ExcEllent speculatiOn and guessing. while inTeresting the clues to date have been, at best, vague. i would anticipate as the date FOr launch grows closer the cluEs will be Both more inteResting and Revealing.

picman

EEOOTFOEBRR

i think it is supposed to be BEFORE ROSE. i think he gave a capital T instead of a capital S.

The letters are EEOTFOBERR

And I think you may be on to something

Yep the letters are EEOTFOEBRR
But they translate into FREEBOOTER Gotta love internet anagram solvers!
And they also translate to Free Reboot... Hmm

posted in Amelie's Cafe: Halloween on Oct 31, 10 11:37 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Although I did have a problem with accidently makign double dishes that customers hadn't ordered!

My only problem with this is that it looks like it has 45 levels. 15 levels in 3 different locations. During the 1 hour trial I managed to get through almost half of those with expert.. So for me this game doesn't have the longevity I need in a game.

Howver I did like it a lot

posted in Mystery Chronicles: Murder Among Friends on Oct 30, 10 2:43 AM
My biggest complaint was that it had that horrible sensitivity problem where you could click on the object and the game wouldn't recognise it but if you clicked anotehr part of it then it would!! Very confusing! Also when they gave you the silohette for the object it would show the whole objecteven if it wasn't in the scene. For example, the picture looked like a semicircle but thicker and I couldn't see it on the screen. Turns out it was a flag folded over a barrel but I could only see the front half of the flag so it didn't seem to match the object.

Apart from those frustrations it's not bad, but it's not terribly exciting either.

posted in Great Secrets: Nostradamus on Oct 29, 10 8:05 AM
I agree, didn't liek this one at all. I foudn the problem with the objects as well. Some were too obscure (magnifying glass first scene and scissors I think!) and I don't like it when they are "hidden" behind other objects.

It annoyed me that the dialogue I did see had major errors and there was a couple of typos. Also I found it hard to keep track of who was speaking in each dialogue (well the parts I did see at least)

On the positive side, I got to chapter 7 / 30 in the hour on the hard mode so it at least will take a while to complete (even longer if you read the dialogue!!)

replayed the extra content to help you.. warning to others SPOILER ALERT

In the first room one will drop down when you open the gate.

Skeleton - Use dagger on skeleton to get it

Take the pistol after you use the boat, then use this over the gate to get that shard

In the water next to the boat is another shard

Mirror room. - in the first room there is another room to the right. It's by the rose petals. It is behind the skull in that room

Hope this helps

Yes it would have been nice to be able to click on the map to go places, however I really appreciated the fact that it didn't take ages for different rooms to load so the clicking didn't worry me as much

Wow! This game is simply amazing!
Pros: I liked how I could move through the game at my own pace. I found with the black cat (which i loved btw) it was quite linear, as in do x then you can do y now you can do z. With this I felt it was a bit more like do y oooh loook A!! ok now z. I just felt I had a bit more freedom to explore

The sound and voice are amazing and I usually play with the sound off! (Watch out for the cuckoo clock lol)

I like how this comes with a book

I also like how the game keeps time, it means I can replay it later and see if I can beat my time as the scores save as well

Mini games - Have found these pretty straightforward so far. A bit of logic involved but nothing impossible or too hard so far. Also liked the "Find 20 notes" minigame to see the next bit of the story

Maybes: I know some people don't like this but it has 2 kinds of hints. You can put your mouse over an object and see a silohette which you can do for free. Or you can use a hint to find an object. The mirror also acts as a hint guide for when you're not sure what to do

I'm definately buying this one.

posted in Retro Records on Oct 19, 10 12:57 AM
I thought it was an interesting concept but it wasn't enough to hold my attention.
Basically records drop from the top of the screen and you have to match the picture on the record to the record cover (only part of the cover is on the record)
It was neat at first but I dunno the difficulty ramped up really quickly and there wasn't enough to do other than drag and drop. Every now and then you would get a memory game.
I'd say give it a go. it might be great for those who want a fast but mind numbing game

posted in Avenue Flo on Oct 18, 10 11:05 AM
I demoed this and it was a nice game However, I kinda feel like it would be better for kids as an introduction to adventure games, rather than for more experienced game players. I found I was just going through the motions and there wasn't much challenge to it. However, it was fun to play and I thought the gameplay was excellent

posted in The Institute - A Becky Brogan Adventure on Oct 13, 10 3:32 AM
Haha! Sounds like I might actually like this game! I love a great straight forward HOG that I can compete with myself in! Have yet to find anything that compares to Yard sale:hidden treasures! I'll give it a go once I have fast internet again and see what graphics are like

posted in Royal Envoy on Oct 12, 10 10:33 AM
I would definately buy Royal Envoy over Roads to Rome. I found RE had more strategy in it than RTR. It was a great challenge and if you get the CE it comes with a strategy guide to help you. From my memory the CE offers 40 standard levels, 40 levels on expert and 30-40 bonus levels? It was an A+ in my book

posted in Dark Tales: ™ Edgar Allan Poe's The Black Cat on Oct 11, 10 6:02 AM
Do you mean the chess room outside?? I'm not sure exactly what you need to find

posted in I SPY: Treasure Hunt on Oct 10, 10 9:06 PM
I had the same problem too

posted in I SPY: Treasure Hunt on Oct 10, 10 2:13 AM
I don't mind about the age but I do mind about the quality. Thought it was really lacking. hopefully BFG is getting rid of the rubbish games to make way for some awesome ones

posted in I SPY: Treasure Hunt on Oct 10, 10 2:05 AM
I don't mind that this was targeted at kids. I like to use HOGs in my classroom for rewards as it helps with vocab. I really wanted to like this game but I had a few problems with it

I found the gameplay was really slow. It took forever to get from one location to the other. Also there weren't any instructions or guidlines about where to go so it was pretty much luck of the draw I went where I needed to. I also was frustrated that if you click on an object, you have to wait for the animation to finish before you can click on the next one. Really annoyed me. I also found the graphics to be really grainy and the writing/numbers really hard to decipher.

I think there are a lot better HOGs out there that kids can play. this was just frustrating.

Peglegann - JMHO = Just my honest/humble opinion

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator