Posts created by maggieevans

posted in The Secret Order: Bloodline on Nov 25, 17 7:42 AM
Thank you, Sazoria (and Gail854) so much, for posting this possible fix. It worked for me and saved this game.

I ran into this problem on July 1 - so no fix yet, apparently, and no sign of an update. Do they care? Is anyone listening? Seems a waste to lose almost the whole bonus game (and everything that goes along with it.) Be warned.

posted in Beyond: Light Advent on Aug 15, 16 1:47 PM
You're not alone. I'm having similar issues - have to click several times - move the cursor around, try again. Very iffy as to whether or not it will respond. Like you, I don't care to struggle this much for every little bit of progress. Probably not the OS - I'm on windows 10. Disappointing, indeed.

posted in Dark Parables: Queen of Sands Collector's Edition on May 21, 15 3:38 PM
I love these games but I do wish they (Eipix) would lose that pixelated look. The older Dark Parables were a colorful feast for the eyes and while the drawings here are gorgeous, they're compromised by the fuzzy, grainy quality that others have mentioned. It's a shame because it's been a great series and clearly it is possible to sharpen the view as evidenced by other games.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting Collector's Edition on Jan 4, 15 10:57 AM
snapnhiss, I like finding the clovers, too. It's just that "tic tac toe" as a bonus feature doesn't motivate me to buy a CE. I'll probably wait for the SE.

posted in Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting Collector's Edition on Jan 4, 15 10:14 AM
You're right, turning off the voice overs causes the written text to disappear in a flash before you can even begin to read it. I consider this a bug.

While I do applaud the beautiful graphics and generally fun gameplay, I'm not the least bit motivated by the tic tac toe "bonus" reward for finding the clovers. Gee, what's next, peek-a-boo? ugh.

posted in Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One Collector's Edition on Oct 11, 14 10:41 AM
I think it's fine if people want to express their personal likes or dislikes. Some I agree with and some I don't though I admit, I like it when someone else expresses a preference that I may have been having, too, and wondering if anyone else felt the same way. Admonishing someone to simply not buy a game just because they don't like something seems silly & unnecessary. And for my two cents, I don't care for kids in games either but not for all the same reasons. And yet, I'm one of those who doesn't mind cute "helpers" - some I even love. Some like chocolate, some like vanilla - and the world goes around.

MarjoryM wrote:Even after the new version, the cursor floats or overshoots what I want. The response is really laggy. I've sent in a Dr Felix.
It looks like a great game but I haven't gotten any further than the opening scene.

MarjoryM - just wanted you to know you're not alone. The scenes are beautiful but the sluggish cursor really detracted from the gameplay for me. Did you ever find/get any resolution?

posted in The Office on Aug 9, 11 6:03 AM
I downloaded the demo but game won't even start. I noticed someone else had this problem (in related thread) and it was suggested to restart the game manager...which I did. No change. I even reinstalled but the game won't run. So, no buy here...

posted in Art Detective on May 25, 11 4:49 PM
As another one who enjoys find the differences, I bought as DD and have enjoyed playing. Most of them seemed very easy and the paintings, as others noted, were pretty interesting in and of themselves (fruit-face anyone?) I have run into a couple, however, that contained extremely subtle differences, so there does seem to be a range. There are some decent jigsaw puzzles and the mini-games are easy, relaxing fun. Yes, it has its flaws, but taken together they add a sort of weird charm to the whole thing.

posted in Diner Dash 5: BOOM on May 11, 11 1:23 PM
I bought this as the daily deal. I don't normally play TM games mostly because I've lived them! But ironically that's why I do like this game. Yes, I used to waitress and can attest to it being a crazy-busy way to make a living.

So, I like this game because it's cute, you can replay the different levels and it's challenging for me. I realize there are a lot of TM savants who zip through to expert levels at lightning-speed and are thus bored quickly... but for me, it's plenty challenging, and when I have managed to reach the occasional "expert" score I feel like I really accomplished something.

I do need to strengthen my mouse-clicking hand, though, otherwise, I could play all day. It's been a fun change of pace from the usual games I play and even has me considering some other TM games - although I think I'll likely prefer restaurant and other food themes.

This is the first CE I ever bought and I have enjoyed every minute of it -- and Zem is just different enough from the usual match 3 to make it interesting. The whole game is so immersive and the artwork exquisitely rendered. I've read complaints about the voices but I thought they were just fine -- not irritating at all. I realize that's a personal preference but since others had mentioned it, I thought I'd just add my two cents since I actually liked them. It does have a lot of flashy effects and I enjoyed those, too - although I can understand if some people are sensitive to those things.

Bottom line is, while it may not be a game for everyone (and what game is, really?) for me, this game was absolutely wonderful. I do think that in general all puzzles recently have gotten easier so I wouldn't have minded a little more of a challenge there - but all in all a superior, unique experience.

posted in Memory Clinic on May 4, 11 1:44 PM
fisan wrote:"And crawling on the planets face, tiny insects called the human race,.....lost in time

lost in space......and meaning."

ha! now there's a memory test for you

(great quote! )

posted in Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin on May 4, 11 11:55 AM
Hi, I did hear back from BF almost immediately and they graciously acknowledged that I, and others, reported seeing this issue and indicated that they were actively investigating it from their end. However, this bug most likely will need to be addressed by the developers themselves IMHO.

Beyond that, I've received no further information about if or when an actual fix is imminent. I just continue to check periodically to see if there's a fix here, or if one shows up in my game manager - just as BF also advises. I'm not sure there's anything else we can do...?

posted in Our Worst Fears: Stained Skin on Apr 21, 11 6:35 AM
Nikki, I did the same thing with the same results as you. I submitted a help ticket to technical support with a screen shot. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game (which did not affect the profile) yet there was no change. I could not advance from this screen. Hopefully they will fix this bug because I was enjoying it up to this point. To everyone else, beware, and don't exit the game if you've entered the TV minigame until you complete it... in fact, I would hesitate to exit the game during any minigame as I suspect this bug is not isolated to this location.

posted in PuppetShow: Lost Town Collector's Edition on Mar 18, 11 8:05 AM
I agree with you about the music - I have the first two puppetshows and for the most part I enjoy the games -- but the music! It was sort of creepy appropriate the first time around and I kind of put up with it the second time - but I'm hesitant to invite that particular earworm back into my head for a third.

posted in Nightmare Adventures: The Witch's Prison on Feb 25, 11 12:30 PM
Just finished Witch’s Prison – an excellent game. It’s full of puzzle challenges that range from easy to difficult and a lot in between, plus a few good hints when needed. The story is fun and the comments are amusing enough that I wanted to click on everything just to see what the game would say – even those times I knew it was the wrong move. It’s funny how they anticipated things a player might do no matter how unlikely. Anyway, I’m never sure how much I’m going to enjoy a puzzle/adventure game where there are no “formal” hidden object scenes, but having made it to the end, I can attest that the journey was quite satisfying after all. I also liked the way the game used photos to telegraph many of the directions/instructions. This is a cohesive game with lots of interesting tasks, a spooky story, and a good dose of humor.

posted in Nick Chase and the Deadly Diamond on Feb 6, 11 2:17 PM
Once you've selected the car you want to move, click where you want it to go so that you see the 'blue' cylinder again. It's a little tricky, I admit. It took me a few tries but it can be done. Hope this helps!

posted in Undiscovered World: The Incan Sun on Oct 24, 10 12:06 PM
Ratatouille wrote:This one's just way too easy for my taste. The hidden objects are not really hidden, just sitting there in plain view -- it's no more challenging than searching for icons on my desktop .

hee hee

(I agree.)

posted in Drawn: The Painted Tower ™ on Oct 12, 10 10:04 AM
I kind of empathize with brookings. When I first heard about this game, I'll admit, I didn't quite "get it" - not sure why but I think it was mainly due to my own inexperience with a variety of games in general. Also, I don't enjoy feeling like I'm dependent on walkthroughs or hints. But now that I've become a little more adept, I decided to give this another look, especially since it was being featured, and also because of all the positive reviews. And I'm happy to report that I "get it" now.

I will say that in my case, I think waiting until I was a better gamer contributed to my current enjoyment of this game, if that makes sense. It takes time to get used to the kinds of things one has to 'figure out' but once you get better at that, games like this offer something really quite satisfying.

Turns out this is a beautifully rendered, imaginative game that really immerses you in a dream-like atmosphere. I found it totally engrossing in a way that I don't often experience. Yes, I enjoy HOGs but I think the standard list and search might have been disruptive in this particular instance. Instead you're taken on a journey into a remarkably realized world with a few puzzles, some problems to solve, exquisite graphics, and even decent music (which I'm really picky about).
(Only one "con" and that would be the load- time in between scenes; however, it's easy to forgive and hopefully that's been resolved in the next one.)

Bottom line is don't give up - keep playing (even if not this game). As with most things like this, it only gets better.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator