Posts created by WeeHillyWilly

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 11:40 AM
Look on the bright side, at least it happened at the start of the game, and not at the end. You don't have a whole lot to repeat. But, in all reallity, the game should not have done this to you or anyone else. I bought the game right out, without playing the demo first, or else most likely it would have happened to me too.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 11:34 AM
I finished the game and am playing it again. This time, so far, I have been able to trace the symbols. Seems if I don't try so hard to get them right, the game accepts them.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 11:29 AM
Now I'm confused. Once you are on the island, you can't use the balloon again, it's all smashed up. You have to play on the island til you get the portal opened, and through that portal, is how you will return to the house and back to the island again....back and forth.
I really can't understand how any of you got to the island, without the balloon....if it took off, then you had to have been with it........or else this is a major glitch in the game.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 11:20 AM
I can't recall the parts to the well, but for the fly, you should have a flyswatter in the inventory. Go back to the house, where the rotten fruit is laying on the floor, and use the swatter to get a fly from the fruit.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 11:17 AM
All in good time. It really depends on just how far you have gone into the game before you can get the frog, and get the milk. Use the scissors you have in the inventory, and the ladder you should also have, go outside the front of the house, use the ladder on the tree and the scissors to cut a branch, use that branch to get the frog. Somewhere.....can't remember just where......on the island, you will get a bowl, use it to get the milk, then give the milk to the hedgehog, and take the bottle sitting behind the hedgehog.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 11:11 AM
If you mean the plan piece of paper, it's in the photo of the two brothers in the front room of the house. Click on the shelves back wall and find a cabinet without a knob, place the knob you should have in your inventory on this cabinet, open it and get a knife, use the knife to cut the photo and get the piece of paper.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 11:08 AM
By now, you should have a tall greyish bottle in your inventory. Sit it on the ground at the end of the light beam, and the light will go over to a rock, there's a hole in the rock and the snake is in that hole.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 9:54 AM
To the OP, I thought that same thing.....I thought, oh no, I haven't finished the house yet. But then I also thought, unless it's a glitch, then it's ok, because these games are made in such a way, that you can't go into a new location, unless you are able to return to where you are. And sure enough, I was able to return, leave and return again. You will see, when you get further into the game.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 9:47 AM
If my memory is not completely shot, you will find it back at the house. Go through the portal, and search the house for new sparkling areas...............
ooooppps, I meant to go back to the island, you are already at the house if you have the frog.......my memory is shot.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 9:44 AM
Sorry you feel bored with this game. I personally do not agree with you, but you do have the right to voice your opinion.
I too have finished it and will play again.

FLY
 posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 15, 10 9:42 AM
Somewhere, there is a spider in a web, that has an item you will need. You give the fly to the spider, so that you can reach in and get that item.
Edited to say, that the spider web is located behind the well, where the wolf is located.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 14, 10 11:39 PM
The only one I could get, was that last one, a spiral circle, but all the others, I tried several times, but no go.

posted in Mystic Diary: Haunted Island on Aug 14, 10 8:01 PM
These are the only things so far that I have to skip. My hand is just not steady enough to get the drawing lines straight. It's a good thing they can be skipped.
I just got finished giving the hedgehog his milk, and so far, have not used any hints. Nice game.

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 14, 10 11:31 AM
Letting you all know, that in the next to the last chapter, the temple in the hidden mountains, there is a hidden object scene, where you will be asked to find a
" JUG ", however, it is not a jug, it's a " TEAPOT ".

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 14, 10 9:52 AM
Once you have completed all tasks from the beginning of the game, through cooking the fish and giving it to the Inn Keeper, and you now have the room key, go in to the room. There are two areas....two hotspots, one is on the upper right side of the Armiore, back wall. The other one is the letter on the table. Once you have the letter, you must compare it with the one you already have in the inventory.....make sure you see the diagram on the backs of the letters. Now, you should be able to click the crowbar on the bed near the blanket.

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 13, 10 7:35 PM
Did you turn the axe gold, after playing the match puzzle, and then clicking on the book that had the gold dust in it ? You have to turn the axe into a gold axe, then you place it, and the bell, and the vase....think it was a vase....into the hands of the statue. However, you have to have the metal bar to open the sliding plaque on the rear wall of the temple, before you can do this.
After you click on the priest, he tells you to get his staff. There is an eagle that you have to get to fly off before you can get the staff, you will get a fish, and you use it to get the eagle to fly away. You have to play a puzzle that is near the fountain, where you have to place colored tiles of different shapes into a square grid. Just make sure you click on everything in all scenes leading up to the temple, and make sure everything that can be done, is done, which in turn will trigger another sparkling area.

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 13, 10 6:12 PM
Right outside of Yu's house is a cart on the left side, play the mini puzzle on the curtain on the cart, get the puppeteer sticks. Go down one scene, back to where the puppeteer is located. Go inside the Inn on left, and behind the puppeteer. Get the candle. Go back outside, give the man the sticks and the candle, watch a very short puppet show, and get a fan.

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 13, 10 5:29 PM
I finished, and am playing again. I only had one technical boob, and that was in the demo. But, I worked it out and finished the demo with no problem. I had no problems at all after I bought it. I like the game, it could stand to be a bit longer, but that's only because I've been playing so many large case games and am use to them being longer. I particularly liked the " Enchanted " theme of this game. I am not sorry I bought it.

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 13, 10 2:58 PM
Just curious if anyone else had problems weighing the sulphur ? The recipe called for 6 grams. There is a 10 gr. a 5 gr. and a 1 gr. weight. Logic tells me to use the 5 and the 1 on one side of the scale, and then add pieces of the sulphur til I have 6 grams. But, after adding different pieces, and different combination of pieces, nothing seems to work. It comes out either too heavy, or too light. I ended up skipping this puzzle.
I have now finished the entire game, and will now start it again, maybe this second time around, I'll be able to measure the sulphur correctly. Or else it may be a glitch.

posted in Shaolin Mystery: Tale of the Jade Dragon Staff on Aug 13, 10 8:42 AM
You'll get a knife, either in a hidden object scene or one you find on your own, and you use it to open the jar/bottle.

Go to:   

KEY:    Unread    Read    Sticky    Locked    Announcement    Moved    Moderator